Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old March 1st, 2021, 10:52 AM   #1
Rowdy Yates
Shuttle Pilot

Battlestar Galactica 1978 Colonial Warrior/Viper Pilot Jackets - Reviews & Conversions

I was just wondering if anyone here has purchased one of the of the many Suede Leather (or Faux Suede) Jackets listed for sale, and has any opinions on them? I was also wondering, as most of these have the wrong type of fasteners, if anyone has replaced them with Screen Accurate Metal Fasteners, or (seeing as how the supply of the original style fasteners has pretty much dried up?) if anyone has at least found something that was 'Close Enough'?...
Rowdy Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2021, 10:54 AM   #2
Rowdy Yates
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Colonial Warrior/Viper Pilot Jackets - Reviews & Conversions

(By the way, if someone out there might have a decent 'gently used' Viper Pilot Jacket - Small/Medium, Size 38" Chest - they might be willing to part with, you're welcome to PM me! )
Old March 2nd, 2021, 07:47 AM   #3
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Hey, Rowdy. As I mentioned from the other thread, I got a BSG jacket in the faux suede that was used back then from Kathy (I believe she went by katarra8 back in the day). Very nice construction and yes, it does have the proper buckles. It's a great jacket for costuming.

I also got a uniform from battlestargalactica.org. It's a bridge uniform and it is top notch. I believe you can still get a jacket and uniform from them last I checked but you'd better email to make sure.

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2021, 04:14 AM   #4
Rowdy Yates
Shuttle Pilot

Sounds like you got a good deal!

I've seen some done in both faux & real suede, although I've noticed a few companies/sellers using ANOVOS's or original photos, so have been a little iffy about buying them... (Also found a thread going back to 2017 regarding the ANOVOS jackets, apparently people paid & ordered them then, and STILL haven't gotten them?! )

I just looked at BSG's jackets, will probably be ordering from them, rather than modifying one of the imported jackets.
Old March 4th, 2021, 08:46 AM   #5
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Yeah I think bsg.org is not bad. Like I said, I got a bridge uni from them and it is real nice...only issue is that the pants waist was way too big for me! However, with a proper belt keeping them on you never see the waist since it is covered up by the bottom of the tunic since those are worn on the outside of the pants.

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote