Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 18th, 2003, 03:21 PM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default OT: What happened to the Bionic Woman remake?

I thought they were going to film in January.

Regards

Peter
Old March 18th, 2003, 03:29 PM   #2
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Good question, Peter.

Me, I'm still waiting to see how Lee Majors's lawsuit with Universal wraps up. (He's claiming he's owed $$.) I would REALLY like to see entire "The Six Million Dollar Man" series released on DVD.

It's sad: Given the mention of USA Networks' "32 Candles" (the sequel to "16 Candles") at AICN (Aint-It-Cool-News.com) yesterday, the networks love to announce things... and do little follow-up.

Michael
:colwar: ...who remembers when Lindsey Wagner audtioned for the role of Captain Janeway.
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2003, 03:35 PM   #3
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Don't forget the Six-Million Dollar Man revival. That thing has gone through more variations that the Galactica projects. First it was a theatrical sequel spearheaded by the actor who played Oscar Goldman. Then the studios pushed him out and turned it into a remake, Kevin Smith wrote a draft of that one. Then it was decided to turn it into a remake comedy starring Chris Rock. That was the last I heard, who knows what's up with it now. Definitely more proof that certain studios have trouble recognizing the value of their properties.
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2003, 03:56 PM   #4
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Here's some history for you: I was sitting in a meeting at Universal about three years ago when it was mentioned that "Six Million Dollar Man" (SMDM) licensees would have to be contacted because the property had changed hands again... to the Farrelly Brothers.

All of the licensees would have to renew their SMDM licenses anew with a different licensing structure: classic and/or new. And a costly difference between the two.

That's why I feel sorry for BG licensees. Some awesome BG toys, for example, were in development (and may possibly surface again when the dust settles) and the damn licensing kept changing again and again and again... There's only so many times a company is going to repay/renegotiate the licensing costs before they walk away.

Isn't it interesting to note that Richard Anderson ("Oscar Goldman") worked hard to get the show back and faced a similar fate as Richard Hatch and others? There were talks last year about Lee Majors being put into a serious production effort in the Oscar role. (Interestingly, Majors was open to the idea. This is when he had a television series on PAX in the U.S. After seeing him on TV Land's TV Awards show, I honestly wonder if his health is okay.)

I know Mr. Anderson isn't a spring chicken, but it hurts when ageism, studio/network politics and agendas destroy the possibilities. Then again, with the God-awful (imho) "bionic TV movies" who knows what would have been made?

Michael
:colwar:
Old March 18th, 2003, 03:57 PM   #5
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Did anyone ever see this?

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0338511

Michael
Old March 18th, 2003, 03:58 PM   #6
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Quote:
Originally posted by AlternityOrange
Don't forget the Six-Million Dollar Man revival. That thing has gone through more variations that the Galactica projects.
So true!!

Michael
Old March 18th, 2003, 04:07 PM   #7
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default a few comments

Interesting about the meeting Michael, but not all that surprising. I was thinking of the similarities between Anderson and Hatch myself.

I thought the same thing about Majors stammer on the TV awards.

I've seen a few TVography episodes. I thought they were all recycled Biography episodes but it's nice to see they're making new ones.

"God awful" huh? I kind of liked the TV Movies. The second one was the weakest but overall I though they fit in with the "feel" of the show. I even got to watch part of the third one being filmed. That really made me feel six again.
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2003, 04:08 PM   #8
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelfaries
That's why I feel sorry for BG licensees. Some awesome BG toys, for example, were in development (and may possibly surface again when the dust settles) and the damn licensing kept changing again and again and again... There's only so many times a company is going to repay/renegotiate the licensing costs before they walk away.
I've heard that Universal charges an arm and a leg when it comes to licences. I heard a company was interested in doing a BSG comic (after Realm) but the fee was too high.

Regards,

Peter (who is off to get some kip!)
Old March 18th, 2003, 07:31 PM   #9
Ravishol
Bad Email Address

OT even further ...

What happened to the Time Tunnel Remake?

I think they filmed somthing.

Does anyone know what happened to it?
Ravishol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2003, 09:26 PM   #10
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelfaries
Good question, Peter.

Me, I'm still waiting to see how Lee Majors's lawsuit with Universal wraps up. (He's claiming he's owed $$.) I would REALLY like to see entire "The Six Million Dollar Man" series released on DVD.

It's sad: Given the mention of USA Networks' "32 Candles" (the sequel to "16 Candles") at AICN (Aint-It-Cool-News.com) yesterday, the networks love to announce things... and do little follow-up.

Michael
:colwar: ...who remembers when Lindsey Wagner audtioned for the role of Captain Janeway.
I've also heard that there was supposed to be an "American Pie 3". I didn't even know that Lindsay Wagner tried out for the Janeway role. You learn something new everyday. I'd also like to see The Six Million Dollar Man on DVD in the US. The first three TV movies would make a great set with the original opening credits put back in.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2003, 09:44 PM   #11
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

What ever happened to the new movie version of The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy?

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2003, 09:55 PM   #12
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I liked "Bionic Ever After". It seemed to give closure to The Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman story. After all those years, Steve and Jamie finally tied the knot. To quote Oscar Goldman, "Way to go, pal." Did anyone see the movie "Out Cold"? Lee Major's was quite amusing in it. He also appeared in "Big Fat Liar", another funny movie.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote