Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old April 15th, 2003, 07:08 AM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Remakes and Continuations

I have heard that they are going to do the following remakes:

Starsky&Hutch-Ben Stiller will portray Starsky while Owen Wilson will play Hutch.

Salem's Lot is going to be remade.

Continuations:

Hunter is back with six new episodes.

Space 1999 according to Michael.

Terminator 3.

Rocky 6.

On a side note The Dead Zone will be returning in June with six new episodes. I can't remember the date however.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 01:45 PM   #2
KJ
Strike Leader

Every classic show raped just to entertain new audiences with cheezy 90mins of no character depth pretty boy actors playing classic roles owned by the original actor how played the parts and are remembered fondly for them.

I'm waiting for that decade to come along where Hollywood remakes the "Remakes" 10 or 15 years from now to spoof the hold crappy fad we have to put up with now?

Untouched classic TV so far :

The Prisoner

The Man From Uncle

The A-Team

Airwolf

Knight Rider

Dark Shadows

How long will this last though? Only remakes that where any good were Oceans 11(2001) Invasion of the Body Snachers (1970's version) and The Thing!(1980)

Starky and Hutch butchered by hollywood "lets remake everything weeeeeeeeeeeeee" NO THANK YOU!

KJ
Old April 30th, 2003, 02:20 PM   #3
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Kingjason
Every classic show raped just to entertain new audiences with cheezy 90mins of no character depth pretty boy actors playing classic roles owned by the original actor how played the parts and are remembered fondly for them.

I'm waiting for that decade to come along where Hollywood remakes the "Remakes" 10 or 15 years from now to spoof the hold crappy fad we have to put up with now?

Untouched classic TV so far :

The Prisoner

The Man From Uncle

The A-Team

Airwolf

Knight Rider

Dark Shadows

How long will this last though? Only remakes that where any good were Oceans 11(2001) Invasion of the Body Snachers (1970's version) and The Thing!(1980)

Starky and Hutch butchered by hollywood "lets remake everything weeeeeeeeeeeeee" NO THANK YOU!

KJ

LKJ Dark Shadows was remade with Ben Cross in the title role of Barnabas Collins. There are also plans for an A-Team movie with Dwight Schultz playing Murdock's shrink. Lord help us.
Old April 30th, 2003, 03:56 PM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Remakes are cheaper, safer and easier than thinking of something new. The trend has been going on for a while now.

Remakes are all fine and good if they take what the original was about and leave that part alone.

Think of the Fugutive - Harrison Ford's Kimbal honored the late David Jannsen's. They didn't screw around with what made the story great.

Unlike a certain science fiction icon I can think of....

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:44 PM   #5
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
LKJ Dark Shadows was remade with Ben Cross in the title role of Barnabas Collins. There are also plans for an A-Team movie with Dwight Schultz playing Murdock's shrink. Lord help us.
But movie remakes kingfish, i was on the movie ones not TV ones, i was refering to the big screen incarnations?

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 06:51 AM   #6
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Kingjason
But movie remakes kingfish, i was on the movie ones not TV ones, i was refering to the big screen incarnations?

KJ

I heard that The A-Team is heading for the big screen. I also saw the trailer for S.W.A.T the movie. It wasn't bad they are even in a bar wistling the theme.