Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old July 30th, 2003, 07:43 AM   #1
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default IQM 2 Raleigh, NC show

I just wanted to ask any of you if you will be going to the IQM 2 toy show in Raleigh, NC to see Richard Hatch and Herb Jefferson jr.???

THe show will be held on Aug.9 and 10. I will be there in Galactica attire!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2003, 03:29 PM   #2
conconcv66
Bad Email Address

I'll be there
conconcv66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2003, 08:00 AM   #3
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I am a little miffed at Herb Jefferson Jr. I saw him at Dragon Con last year. He was rather aloof and not friendly. I asked him to take a picture with me and he wanted to charge me $20 even after I bought his picture with an autograph. Richard took one with me for free. He was sitting at the next table. I was in costume then and the next day I went back out of costume and said hi to HJ again and said that I was the one in costume yesterday. He looked at me and said very patronizing "I'm sure you are a very nice person, but I can't talk to you now." He was signing autographs. I looked at him and said "Well, you just lost a fan." I turned to walk away and Richard said," Hey I remember you. I took a picture with you yesterday. What a cool costume you had." I guess he realized my feelings were a little bruised.... We talked a few minutes and he made me feel better. It amazes me how HJ can be so inflated when I haven't seen him in anything since 1978......when I heard that Boomer had been changed to a girl, I was happy....serves him right. He will never get recgonition from me again.
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2003, 08:25 AM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

That's too bad, Em. I've heard good things about the guy.

I've never met any of the BSG actors, but I've met a few of the Star Trek TNG and DS9 cast. The only one who didn't come across as at all friendly was John DeLancie - his ego was sticking out all over.

Marina Sirtis had a horrible headcold but stayed until the autograph line was done, anyway (she didn't have to). Nana Visitor was friendly, too, as was Jonathan Frakes (while onstage he played some kid's trombone - thrilled the kid no end, and he's not bad).

The one who really impressed me, though, was Armin Schimmerman(sp?) (Quark) - he actually looked at each person and thanked them for coming. I asked him if, at times like that (the autograph line), he didn't wish his name were 'Jack Lord' or something similar. He looked me in the eye, smiled and said "It would disappoint my parents." He made the effort to connect, and he won at least one fan in the process.

Well, back to work before I get into trouble.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2003, 10:02 AM   #5
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Herb...

I've met Herb three times at cons over the years. I think it seems you have to catch him on a good day for him to seem relatively nice. He generally is a bit aloof and seems to not go out of his way to do anything for fans, unlike Richard.

I have heard the horror stories of Herb's behavior, but I managed to take pics with him and he did not charge me extra!!!

I'll be sure to see what he does next weekend in Raleigh. Good thing for me is that I already have all my autographs from the Galactica actors so I don't need to fork over any more of my cash to get them! I would like a new personal pic of me in my bridge uniform with them so we'll see what happens!!!

I'll report back afterwards...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote