Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old May 12th, 2004, 03:36 AM   #1
Rowan
On Vacation...

Default Test your IQ

For anyone interested in giving it a go...it's similar to Mensa's

so have a go see what you get, have fun with it, don't take it too seriously

http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 06:29 AM   #2
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

Your IQ score is 126

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 07:25 AM   #3
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

My score was 129. Taken before my morning shower and caffiene - pretty good.

"Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results. "

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 07:56 AM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Rowan, I like this test better than Mensa's practice one. It felt like it made more sense!

Your IQ score is 133

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

The only thing goofy is I suck at higher math! :laugh:

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 08:53 AM   #5
Rowan
On Vacation...

I hear ya Jewels...about the high math! but then math is a lot about practice, practice, practice, and having the right teacher!
Jewel I thought the Menas practice quiz was not as straight forward as this one too, it's definitely a notch above this one. Did you do as well on that one?
Old May 12th, 2004, 12:48 PM   #6
bsg1fan1975
Major

i got 115 which is a Word Warrior!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #7
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Hmm, you may bow at your convenience! :laugh: :laugh:

Your IQ score is 138

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Classic IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We analyzed how you did on each of those questions which reveals how your brain uniquely works.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test. According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:33 PM   #8
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Hmmm...it spit out results for me that are identical to Rowan.

First time I have ever scored under 150 on an IQ test, so I have my suspicions about its accuracy, or I am getting stupid as I get older.

I think all of you could safely add about 30-50 points to your scores.
Old May 12th, 2004, 04:21 PM   #9
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marley
Hmmm...it spit out results for me that are identical to Rowan.

First time I have ever scored under 150 on an IQ test, so I have my suspicions about its accuracy, or I am getting stupid as I get older. ((((((((((Darth))))))))) I know I feel that way sometimes!

I think all of you could safely add about 30-50 points to your scores.
Well I usually do much better on the regular IQ tests but this one and the Mensa workout one I barely make it into the genius level, my math skills are not the best!

have you tried the Mensa work out?

http://www.mensa.org/workout.html
Old May 12th, 2004, 04:24 PM   #10
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
Hmm, you may bow at your convenience! :laugh: :laugh:

Your IQ score is 138
WOW! BST! I'm bowing! get a new job! your wasting those brain cells of yours!

Edit: BST added missing close quote tag.
Thank you BST!
Old May 12th, 2004, 07:13 PM   #11
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

I got a 133 and am a Visionary Philosopher, too.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 08:07 PM   #12
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
have you tried the Mensa work out?

http://www.mensa.org/workout.html
Just did.

"Your score was 23 out of 30. That is a very good score, you would have a good chance of passing the Mensa test."

Hmm, maybe the light is not as dim as I once thought." :laugh:
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:07 AM   #13
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Never take these tests when you're falling asleep... lol. 127 and visionary philosopher.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:50 AM   #14
Rowan
On Vacation...

Yes well I learned my lesson about that Micheleh I took it again this afternoon after a long sleep, a shower, tea and a good meal. As uposed to being in a state of exhaustion the first time I took it!

Congratulations, Rowan!
Your IQ score is 135

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test. According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:31 AM   #15
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Just goes to show that the results are not as scientific as they claim.
Old May 13th, 2004, 07:42 AM   #16
cranky1c
Warrior

Note also that IQ is not as related to "success" in life (loosely defined as income, academic/occupational success, marriage, personal satisfaction) as are traits like the capacity for gratification delay, impulse control and the directed expression of anger. Lot's of smart people walkin around out there not livin lives you'd imagine based on their intellect. And as for less intelligent people being succesfull, just turn on the TV....
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:12 AM   #17
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Here are my results:
Congratulations, Jen!
Your IQ score is 126

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results. (Which, when translated, means that I stink at math!)

But, I think the IQ points are low as well (or the coffee hadn't kicked in yet) as my IQ was much higher when I took a "real" test yea these many years gone by...

Still, it got the Linguist part right. When I took the Army's DLAB (Defense Language Aptitude Battery) I got the highest score they had ever seen. They were devestated when I decided to not wait for an opening in the Language School... I wish now I had, life would have been very different.

The DLAB is a crazy, fun, exciting and challenging test, I loved taking it. They make up a language and give you a few clues as to grammar and then you have to translate it into English. Anyone who has trouble learning other languages would not enjoy it, though.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:45 AM   #18
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky1c
Note also that IQ is not as related to "success" in life (loosely defined as income, academic/occupational success, marriage, personal satisfaction) as are traits like the capacity for gratification delay, impulse control and the directed expression of anger. Lot's of smart people walkin around out there not livin lives you'd imagine based on their intellect. And as for less intelligent people being succesfull, just turn on the TV....
How very true...here I am at 40 with nothing to show for it, no husband, children, no job, (well I'm a student but...) and I don't own anything, so by societies standards definitely not a success! even though I have 7 years of college. So that is a very good point.

The man who has the highest IQ ever tested, (His IQ is so high there are no tests for him) is working as a bouncer for a bar in the USA. He lives in a very small little shack really, in what to most of us would be considered poverty, but he's happy he says.
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:50 AM   #19
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
Richard Hatch

I agree, it can't be entirely accurate. I remember taking the standard reading-comprehension equivalency test back in the day, and scoring at 3rd year college level- at age 10. Most of the linguistic questions seemed to be pattern recognition.

I don't think these tests are very accurate, either, as they only address a narrow parameter of 'intelligence'. What is intelligent? Accurate memorization? The ability to apply a process? What about creativity- the ability to draw from unrelated elements and come up with a new concept?
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:03 AM   #20
cranky1c
Warrior

More in support of the gratification delay theory:

There was a study published a few years ago, where they took a group of children and offered them candy. They gave them the choice of getting one piece of candy today, or two pieces of candy tomorrow. The kids who chose to wait (delaying gratification) scored an average of 200 pt's more on their SAT's (definitely NOT an intelligence test) than the group who chose to have candy that day.

The power of saying no to yourself....
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #21
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky1c
More in support of the gratification delay theory:

There was a study published a few years ago, where they took a group of children and offered them candy. They gave them the choice of getting one piece of candy today, or two pieces of candy tomorrow. The kids who chose to wait (delaying gratification) scored an average of 200 pt's more on their SAT's (definitely NOT an intelligence test) than the group who chose to have candy that day.

The power of saying no to yourself....
Well Then... if it's all about gratification delay I'm the master 'cause that is the story of my life....Saying no to myself is easy for me I say it constantly, from no you can't afford to spend money on that to no you have to be responsible about that, no you can't have children yet, No no no no no, the hardest part for me is saying yes....
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #22
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleh
I agree, it can't be entirely accurate. I remember taking the standard reading-comprehension equivalency test back in the day, and scoring at 3rd year college level- at age 10. Most of the linguistic questions seemed to be pattern recognition.

I don't think these tests are very accurate, either, as they only address a narrow parameter of 'intelligence'. What is intelligent? Accurate memorization? The ability to apply a process? What about creativity- the ability to draw from unrelated elements and come up with a new concept?
Well there is the emotional IQ as well which they say is equally important but I score high on that so I'm at a loss.....
Old May 13th, 2004, 11:01 AM   #23
Rowan
On Vacation...

Rowan, your Emotional IQ is 139.

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Emotional IQ test. But your Emotional IQ score is much more than just a number: it's an indicator of success.

Research has shown that people with high emotional intelligence scores — not necessarily those with the highest IQ scores — tend to be the most valued and productive employees and have the longest and happiest romantic relationships. They can't possibly be talking about me in this case.........

So, where are you most emotionally smart? Your test results show that your strongest suit is empathy — your ability to see things from someone else's point of view.

Emotional IQ Test

http://web.tickle.com/tests/eiq/index.jsp
Old May 13th, 2004, 12:28 PM   #24
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
Richard Hatch

Emotional IQ 136

Michelle, your greatest emotional strength is Emotional Management. Successful emotional managers know the difference between having an emotion and acting on an emotion.
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:27 PM   #25
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I took the Emotional IQ and didn't like the results, but they do describe me: So, where are you most emotionally smart? Your test results show that your strongest suit is empathy — your ability to see things from someone else's point of view.

I'm too embarassed to give the score, though. It was quite a few points behind the IQ score I posted.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

Old May 13th, 2004, 01:33 PM   #26
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I like the Brain Test, here is what they said (and I agree with everything, even algebra. I loved algebra and hated geometry): Jen, you are Left-brained

Most left-brained people like you feel at ease in situations requiring verbal ability, attention to detail, and linear, analytical ability. Whether you know it or not, you are a much stronger written communicator than many, able to get your ideas across better than others.

It's also likely that you are methodical and efficient at many things that you do. You could also be good at math, particularly algebra, which is based on very strict rules that make sense to your logical mind.

http://web.tickle.com/tests/brain/

Old May 13th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #27
Rowan
On Vacation...

Thanks Uno!

Rowan, you are Right-brained

Most right-brained people like you are flexible in many realms of their lives. Whether picking up on the nuances of musical concerto, appreciating the subtle details in a work of art, or seeing the world from a different perspective, right-brained people are creative, imaginative, and attuned to their surroundings. very much me

People probably see your thinking process as boundless, and that might translate to your physical surroundings as well. Some people think of you as messier than others. It's not that you're disorganized, it's just that you might use different systems to organize (by theme, by subject, by color). Straight alphabetization and rigidly ordered folders are not typical of right-brained behavior. Although I'm quite organized when it comes to files etc.

You are also more intuitive than many very. When it comes to reading literature, you probably prefer creative writing or fiction over nonfiction. And when it comes to doing math, you might find you enjoy geometry more than other forms like algebra.

Yes I would say that accurately describes me
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:29 PM   #28
amberstar
Strike Leader

Took the IQ test and got a score of 130.........

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

I think that this means that I stink at math

Amber
Old May 13th, 2004, 07:07 PM   #29
amberstar
Strike Leader

Is anyone else like me????????

I'm a Balanced-brained person!!!!! I never heard of someone like this................
I guess the reason I am so tired sometimes is that I use both sides of my brain!
Below is what was said about having a balanced brain.............

Amber

That means you are able to draw on the strengths of both the right and left hemispheres of your brain, depending upon a given situation.

When you need to explain a complicated process to someone, or plan a detailed vacation, the left hemisphere of your brain, which is responsible for your ability to solve problems logically, might kick in. But if you were critiquing an art opening or coming up with an original way to file papers, the right side of your brain, which is responsible for noticing subtle details in things, might take over.

While many people have clearly dominant left- or right-brained tendencies, you are able to draw on skills from both hemispheres of your brain. This rare combination makes you a very creative and flexible thinker.
Old May 14th, 2004, 03:25 AM   #30
Rowan
On Vacation...

no one is like you Amber your special