Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

View Poll Results: Select all Sci-fi TV Shows that you like...
Star Trek: OS 33 70.21%
Star Trek: NG 34 72.34%
Other Star Trek Variant/Clone etc 22 46.81%
Space: 1999 (UK) 21 44.68%
Farscape 21 44.68%
Babylon 5 28 59.57%
Blake's 7 (UK) 8 17.02%
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century 23 48.94%
Outer Limits 16 34.04%
Twilight Zone 17 36.17%
Red Dwarf (UK) 12 25.53%
Lexx 8 17.02%
Space: Above & Beyond 18 38.30%
Earth: The Final Conflict 9 19.15%
Other (Please State) 20 42.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 13th, 2004, 02:09 PM   #61
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

It probably took a dozen takes THeodoretheted
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #62
braxiss
Major

just wanted to day hi
braxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2004, 03:50 PM   #63
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Hi to you too Braxiss I'm glad you chose to join us
Old February 14th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #64
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

This is another thread moved to it's proper home.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2004, 06:25 PM   #65
cranky1c
Warrior

I'm not sure where these would fit in the sci-fi continuum, but as a teenager I was into Robotech and the Mechwarrior series.
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2004, 01:56 AM   #66
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

My other was Firefly I decided to purchase the series DVD out of curiosity. Seeing how the destiny of my favorite show was loosely tied in with it. I really enjoyed it.

Call me a freak, I love Battlestar Galactica but loathe Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 07:12 AM   #67
space1999.dk
Bad Email Address

Unhappy

Forgetting the longest running sci-fi show EVER?
You´re right, that´s a shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccdee
Shameful...just Shameful...how can someone not mention Doctor Who (Tom Baker being the best).

nccdee
space1999.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 07:21 AM   #68
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by space1999.dk
Forgetting the longest running sci-fi show EVER?
You´re right, that´s a shame!
You're right it is a shame.
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #69
Aeneas
Warrior

FARSCAPE!!!

Proof once again that when a Scifi series gets good... it gets the axe!
Old February 26th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #70
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas
FARSCAPE!!!

Yep that's the HAMMER 'TOUCH' alright ........................
Old March 5th, 2004, 10:58 PM   #71
kat

I like all the oldies like time tunnel, buck rodgers, cliff hangers, dr who, lost in space, space 1999, there was one where they had to fix history that was cancelled when the star accidently shot himself i can't remember the name of it, V. the bionic man and woman, starman i think it was called that basically some alien gets lost on earth and tries to get home. Its all good, even when its really really bad.
Old March 6th, 2004, 09:53 AM   #72
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat
I like all the oldies like time tunnel, buck rodgers, cliff hangers, dr who, lost in space, space 1999, there was one where they had to fix history that was cancelled when the star accidently shot himself i can't remember the name of it, V. the bionic man and woman, starman i think it was called that basically some alien gets lost on earth and tries to get home. Its all good, even when its really really bad.
I forgot about the time tunnel. It was a great one!

I think it was Starman But I'm not sure
Old March 6th, 2004, 09:45 PM   #73
kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
I just couldn't get into Lexx ......... just not my scene
I also cannot quite get into lexx. Some of the ideas are good but ...
Old March 6th, 2004, 09:58 PM   #74
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas
FARSCAPE!!!

I passionately LOVED Farscape and hated the way they ended it!!!!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #75
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat
kat you bring back memories I was a fan of most of the shows you mention as well
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2004, 08:28 AM   #76
Gunstar Aries
Stubborn Colonial Warship

Default Some science fiction thoughts

In the Trek vein, I can't really say I was a big fan of ST:Next Gen. Too many plotlines stolen from Classic Treck. Plus, I like continuity in my sci-fi. TOS was OK, "Spock's Brain" notwithstanding. Brooks was good as Cisco; too bad he didn't have better writers and a bigger budget. Supporting cast was at least decent for DS9. Voyager, I may have given a chance if they'd gone with the original plan and cast Lindsey Wagner (yes THAT bionic woman) as Janeway. But don't particularly care for the "Remo Williams Refugee" Kate Mulgrew. My own opinioin is she cannot act her way out of a paper bag, let alone a cardboard Starfleet Bridge set.

I liked Buck Rogers. Twiki (sp?) the robot was voiced by none other than Mel Blanc, the voice of most of your favorite Looney Tunes characters. The second Season of Buck was a little...dry, I guess would be good word. No more Dr. Hugher, Dr. Theopolis, Twiki or Princess Ardala. (Pamela Hemslee in those dresses...wow!) Plus the episode with Buster Crabb, the ORIGINAL Buck, was just GREAT! Some great guest stars, like Jack Palance, Sam Jaffee and Peter Graves helped, too. But again, they were all in the first season.

V was decent, I thought it definitely declined over time.

GalacticanCajun, thanks for bringing up the Flash. A very good series. Too bad it was cut down when it was. Seeing Mark Hammel pay the Trickster was just GREAT!

Farscape I liked, but I lost interest in it. One of my friends was big into it, and he thought the ending was just awful! Did the series no justice. He was also into Space: Above and Beyond. I just wasn't into it at the time.

I was, and remain, a big B5 fan. Strazynski's use of actors from Sci-Fi series of the past, his appreciation for both the Biblical and Science Fiction writing, his CONTINUITY of the series thanks in part to his "Continuity Nazi" Fiona Avery. (Think of the Soup Nazi from Sienfield, and apply that passion to the continuity of the series!) Plus, B5 made some good breakthroughs, especially in the CGI arena. But I think one of the less appreciated ones is that the "Stereotypical Alien" mold was broken. In Bergen/Branana Trek, all Ferengi are greedy, all Romulans are devious, all Klingons are warlike, etc., etc., In B5 we found that the aliens were not necessarily evil or driven by a single trait, but that they had personalities and were driven by their own motivations. Strazynski took two of the Alien ambassadors, started them out as adversaries, one a loose cannon no one wanted anything to do with, the other the happy-go-lucky guy everyone liked. Over the course of the series, these two were juxtaposed, and finally end up friends. A very good series, though I do think it kind of petered out at the end, but mostly because the didn't expect to get their 5th season, so they crammed everything they could into the 4th. And too bad the spin-off Crusade never got a chance to get going. Sci-Fi should have picked it up. TNT just wanted to much control, and their fingers CERTAINLY didn't belong in the soup after the success of B5. Strazynski even registered the psuedonym "Eiben Screwed" and used it in a writing credit on one of the Crusade episodes.

Regards,

Gunstar Aries