Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REEL-WORLD CONNECTION > Chats, Interviews, and Podcasts
Notices

Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 21st, 2004, 12:40 PM   #31
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish
From what I heard, Richard auditioned for the role of commanding officer on B5. Too bad he didn't get it. I could have happily seen Richard as Sheridan for 4 years.
Yes it is ............ not that the ones who did play the commanders weren't
good. I sure would have enjoyed Richard Hatch on B5.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2004, 05:40 PM   #32
kingfish
Strike Leader
 
kingfish's Avatar
 
COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Join Date: May 2002
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,949


Default

My favorite was Sinclair who was portrayed by Michael O'Hare. Boy could he act.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2004, 05:56 PM   #33
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish
My favorite was Sinclair who was portrayed by Michael O'Hare. Boy could he act.
He was my all time favorite B5 commander too. He's a fantastic Actor!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:45 PM   #34
dec5
Warrior
 
dec5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 194

Default

After reading this article...I find I am a bit torn between the two opinions on BG2003.
I understand Mr. Hatch's bitterness.....or at least his dissapointment on what has happend. I spent the TOS years fuming at Maren Jensens part being cut and the Adama family being shoved aside for characters that came from no where.
dec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:50 PM   #35
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec5
After reading this article...I find I am a bit torn between the two opinions on BG2003.
I understand Mr. Hatch's bitterness.....or at least his dissapointment on what has happen happend. I spent the TOS years fuming at Maren Jensens part being cut and the Adama family being shoved aside for characters that came from no where.
I was less then pleased myself when both the part of Boxey and of Athena
were simply 'written OFF' the show. At least with Richard keeping BSG
alive all these years these two characters can come back in any continueation
in the TOS universe.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 12:44 AM   #36
ViperTech
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelfaries
http://www.observer.com/pages/nytv.asp

"I have a lot of sympathy for Richard and fans of the old show, because they were holding out hope for a show that didn’t happen," he said. But he called his version "a more mature take. It’s a more reality-based show than the original series."


Giving up hope is big with Moore. First he takes it from his characters with the "reality" that there is no earth, then he drops hints to convince TOS fans to give up on future BG-TOS stuff. I have a lot of sympathy for him.

Dudes having sex with machines and the memories of them sounds like fantasy, not reality to me.

To me, more mature means more unlikable, much more boring. As Moore continues to expand his unlikable characters, he'll have us all rooting for the Cylons.
  Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 12:50 AM   #37
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender
 
Darth Marley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nashville,TN
Posts: 1,357

Default

Maybe rooting for the Cylons will help the "healing process" for disappointed fans!

This could really be a galvanizing idea at cylon.org.

You can post a weekly "confirmed kill" count and cheer each time a character you hate dies.
__________________
May've been the losing side. I'm still not convinved it was the wrong one.
Darth Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 05:36 PM   #38
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marley
Maybe rooting for the Cylons will help the "healing process" for disappointed fans!

This could really be a galvanizing idea at cylon.org.

You can post a weekly "confirmed kill" count and cheer each time a character you hate dies.
As I will not be WATCHING the MINI series ........I will not be
rooting for ANYONE .............................................................
not in THAT show anyway
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 07:55 PM   #39
braxiss
Wizard
 
braxiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: wastes
Posts: 5,686

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTech
Giving up hope is big with Moore. First he takes it from his characters with the "reality" that there is no earth, then he drops hints to convince TOS fans to give up on future BG-TOS stuff. I have a lot of sympathy for him.

Dudes having sex with machines and the memories of them sounds like fantasy, not reality to me.

To me, more mature means more unlikable, much more boring. As Moore continues to expand his unlikable characters, he'll have us all rooting for the Cylons.

i like the way this was stated. if you like the mini great i hope you enjoy it, i'm just a humble tos fan that dosen't like change
__________________
braxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 10:14 PM   #40
Rowan
On Vacation...
 
Rowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 9,330

Default

Maaayyybbeebe the charachters we THINK are Cylons are infact humans and the "humans" don't realize that they are INFACT the Cylons mmmmmm
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 10:33 PM   #41
The Rain
Warrior
 
The Rain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Rohnert Park, CA.
Posts: 103

Default

BAH! Money talks and bitterness walks.

You can't tell me he ain't bitter. It's in his quotes. He puts a brave face on for the fans. And that's fine. But I'll bet a case of my favorite IPA he'll bite on the Cain role.

__________________
What do you hear, Starbuck?

Nothing but the rain, sir!
The Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 11:00 PM   #42
angry penguin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Default

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. Also from his comments, I got the feeling that he was frustrated. But, that's me.
  Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:23 AM   #43
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir
 
Micheleh's Avatar
 
Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Where my heart is.
Posts: 1,038


Default

"You can't tell me he ain't bitter. It's in his quotes."

Well, yes, as a matter of fact I can.

(You can send the case of whatever-that-is to the Galacticon address, thanks!)

Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:30 AM   #44
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rain
BAH! Money talks and bitterness walks.

You can't tell me he ain't bitter. It's in his quotes. He puts a brave face on for the fans. And that's fine. But I'll bet a case of my favorite IPA he'll bite on the Cain role.

Obviously you didn't read the same QUOTES that are in the article with
RICHARD HATCH ............... I did ...........and I think I and the majority of
people on this forum got a very DIFFERENT message then the one
you are trying to promote.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:53 AM   #45
Dawg
Great Wise Guru
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 5,007


Default

Micheleh: IPA = India Pale Ale





I am
Dawg
__________________
"...I aim to misbehave." Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity.

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:09 AM   #46
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir
 
Micheleh's Avatar
 
Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Where my heart is.
Posts: 1,038


Default

Oh! Yippee! Thanks, Rain!

*Looks forward to a cold 'un after all this hard work.*
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:36 AM   #47
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship
 
jewels's Avatar
 


FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wandering Indiana
Posts: 5,100


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleh
"You can't tell me he ain't bitter. It's in his quotes."

Well, yes, as a matter of fact I can.

(You can send the case of whatever-that-is to the Galacticon address, thanks!)

I can too (vouch that it isn't bitterness). Want to split the case, Micheleh?....of course if it's alcohol, it's best if it all goes to you. ::edit: just saw what Dawg said IPA was..... it's all your's m'dear. Now if it was high end ginger ale, you'd have a fight on your hands....

Another thing I will say for Richard: incredible mind. Get him rolling on a topic and it's fun to keep pace. I'd hate to be an interviewer, you would have to either know shorthand or tape record it: he packs a lot of thought and substance into what he says. Interviewer's have their own filters that they present their articles through. Most of them are fairly objective, but they are mere human's too and their own views will sometimes cast another's words into meanings that were not intended by the interviewee.
__________________
"We feel free when we escape Ė even if it be but from the frying pan to the fire." Mozzie on White Collar

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:50 AM   #48
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleh
"You can't tell me he ain't bitter. It's in his quotes."

Well, yes, as a matter of fact I can.

(You can send the case of whatever-that-is to the Galacticon address, thanks!)




Have a few on me Micheleh!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 11:28 AM   #49
Gemini1999
Gemini Freighter Driver
 
Gemini1999's Avatar
 
FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 3,544


Default

Hi everyone -

I'm not really chiding anyone here, but I'm really surprised that someone would argue the point as to what Richard's viewpoint is, armed with nothing more than personal opinion against those that actually know him and how he perceives things. I think that it is really great that there are people here that are close to Richard and are in contact with him on a regular basis. He's definitely not the wounded prima donna that some are trying to make him out to be.

Do I think he's bitter? Not really. Maybe a bit protective about something that he is quite passionate about and has put a lot of time and money into. If anyone had done as much and come up with less that what they were hoping for, I'm sure that they would share the same viewpoint. I think that those that have been around here for a long time know exactly what I am talking about...

Best,
Bryan
________
Portable size travel herbal vaporizer with case
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 11:50 AM   #50
repcisg
Officer
 
repcisg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver, Wa USA
Posts: 1,874

Default

I donít think Richard is bitter, but rather frustrated. He sees in Galactica a property that if nurtured and carefully developed could surpass Star Trek or Star Wars in value. Instead what he sees is a bunch business hacks using it for short term gain and not seeing it as a property with enormous long term potential.

Iíve seen this in other industries, and know his frustration. It can be painful at times. All you can do is move on, standing around being bitter serves no purpose. His development of GwoM clearly shows he has indeed moved on.
__________________
In the grand scheme of things we are but a mote of dust caught in an eddy of time. REP
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 04:15 PM   #51
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship
 
jewels's Avatar
 


FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wandering Indiana
Posts: 5,100


Default

Rep, I think you have hit it perfectly.
__________________
"We feel free when we escape Ė even if it be but from the frying pan to the fire." Mozzie on White Collar

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 04:21 PM   #52
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
Hi everyone -

I'm not really chiding anyone here, but I'm really surprised that someone would argue the point as to what Richard's viewpoint is, armed with nothing more than personal opinion against those that actually know him and how he perceives things. I think that it is really great that there are people here that are close to Richard and are in contact with him on a regular basis. He's definitely not the wounded prima donna that some are trying to make him out to be.

Do I think he's bitter? Not really. Maybe a bit protective about something that he is quite passionate about and has put a lot of time and money into. If anyone had done as much and come up with less that what they were hoping for, I'm sure that they would share the same viewpoint. I think that those that have been around here for a long time know exactly what I am talking about...

Best,
Bryan
Well written Bryan. Keep posting.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 04:23 PM   #53
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by repcisg
I donít think Richard is bitter, but rather frustrated. He sees in Galactica a property that if nurtured and carefully developed could surpass Star Trek or Star Wars in value. Instead what he sees is a bunch business hacks using it for short term gain and not seeing it as a property with enormous long term potential.

Iíve seen this in other industries, and know his frustration. It can be painful at times. All you can do is move on, standing around being bitter serves no purpose. His development of GwoM clearly shows he has indeed moved on.
Well said Repcisg. I think you are a very insightful person as this is
a rather insightful post.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:23 PM   #54
Antelope
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Default

I don't know Richard Hatch personally but if you read his various interviews you see a person angry about the situation and I don't blame him for that but also a person keeping his options open. I think many of us want to see in him what we believe about the situation. I don't know if he'll take a role in the series if offered but it wouldn't surprise me. I also notice he is not very thrilled about the Desanto story either which puts him in agreement with me on that subject. I also see little desire on the part of Hatch to support a Continuation that starts out on the day TOS ended with new actors. The fact that the subject seems to never comes up says something to me. I don't like the idea of what Hatch did with Cassiopeia, Athena, Apollo and Starbuck in the love area in his books but everyone can enjoy all the various Galactica's without needing to agree with everything in them!
  Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:37 PM   #55
Muffit
Muff Daggy
 
Muffit's Avatar
 
COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Beaver Hollow, TN
Posts: 3,900


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
I don't like the idea of what Hatch did with Cassiopeia, Athena, Apollo and Starbuck in the love area in his books but everyone can enjoy all the various Galactica's without needing to agree with everything in them!
Very truly said antelope. We don't have to agree on everything to be friends and share our all encompassing love of BSG.

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 06:38 PM   #56
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir
 
Micheleh's Avatar
 
Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Where my heart is.
Posts: 1,038


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
I also see little desire on the part of Hatch to support a Continuation that starts out on the day TOS ended with new actors.
You know, I don't rememebr anyone ever proposing anything like that, now that you mention it. I'm surprised that idea got missed... anyone?
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 08:30 PM   #57
dilbertman
Warrior Ace
 
dilbertman's Avatar
 


Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Roseville, MI
Posts: 848


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleh
You know, I don't rememebr anyone ever proposing anything like that, now that you mention it. I'm surprised that idea got missed... anyone?
I believe someone at one of the mini forum sites talked about Larson doing that. But they turned out to be a Ted Clone.

Jim
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 08:04 AM   #58
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Jim there were alot of THOSE ............I remember being stalked by one of the clones ........
till I found out who was who and had my lawyer do a little chewing on WHATIZ congeniality's Assets .................... that stopped the stalking reaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll
quick.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 08:05 AM   #59
shiningstar
Bad Email Address
 
shiningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 12,939


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
Jim there were alot of THOSE ............I remember being stalked by one of the clones ........
till I found out who was who and had my lawyer do a little chewing on WHATIZ congeniality's Assets .................... that stopped the stalking reaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll
quick.
Just a quick lesson Ya'll ........................................

Never mess with a lady who is OUT of MIDOL

Big MISTAKE
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 08:42 AM   #60
Muffit
Muff Daggy
 
Muffit's Avatar
 
COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Beaver Hollow, TN
Posts: 3,900


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
Just a quick lesson Ya'll ........................................

Never mess with a lady who is OUT of MIDOL

Big MISTAKE
LOL Shiningstar! :laugh:

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Richard Hatch interview from Filmfax magazine peter noble The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 0 December 21st, 2003 06:55 AM
Richard Hatch Interview at Cylon.org TwoBrainedCylon The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 8 December 3rd, 2003 01:36 PM
New Richard Hatch Interview Online Now. BSG_Sci_FiPulse The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 6 August 26th, 2003 06:56 PM
Article on July 17th Chat with Richard Hatch StarshipTrooper The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 6 July 19th, 2003 11:21 AM




So sez our Muffit!!!

For fans of the Classic Battlestar Galactica series



COPYRIGHT
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 PM. Contact the Fleet - Colonial Fleets - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content and Graphics ©2000-Present Colonial Fleets
The Colonial Fleets Forums are run by Battlestar Galactica fans, paid for by Battlestar Galactica fans, for the enjoyment of fellow Battlestar Galactica fans.



©2000-2008 Colonial Fleets