Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old May 14th, 2004, 03:52 AM   #31
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
no one is like you Amber your special

Thank you Rowan
Old May 14th, 2004, 07:50 AM   #32
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

amber, I have never heard of that, but it sounds incredible. I sometimes wishe I were a little more right-brained or had a balance like you do.

On a silly note, I am a "Great Dane" at work (yes, they even test to see what breed of dog you are at work...): Jen, you're a Great Dane at work. As a Great Dane, you are natural leader and a vision of nobility. With your dignified manner, you command respect from those around you, and that's because you strike an even balance with the most valued of work ethics.

I like Great Danes, they are very noble and sensitive creatures, so I am OK with that description.

And thank you, Rowan for giving us the original link, I am having fun with these tests, even if they aren't completely accurate.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2004, 03:31 PM   #33
amberstar
Strike Leader

Rowan thank you for this thread, I'm having fun with the tests!
At work I'm a border collie!

your breed of dog at work is a Border Collie

You don't give up and that's your key to success. Though people might not always expect it from you since you're so sociable in the office, you've got success on the brain and won't stop short 'til you get there.
Old May 14th, 2004, 03:37 PM   #34
Rowan
On Vacation...

Ok I could not resist! LOL! after all I'm the girl who signs off all the time with a wink right?

What Type of Flirt Are You?

Were you just winking at us? We couldn't quite tell... In fact, we think it's pretty safe to say that you're a Subtle Flirt — you're a master of the flirting game. You know how to attract attention from anyone, any time. A quick come-hither smile, a little game of look-away-and-look-back-again — before long you have the object of your affection wrapped around your little finger. One of the best things about your approach is that it's discreet. You can always act innocent and coy if something gets taken out of context or misunderstood. Just make sure you're not too subtle, or you may end up playing the game all by yourself.

Amberstar Glad your enjoying it!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2004, 04:43 PM   #35
Rowan
On Vacation...

Rowan, you're a Sports Car!

Our global positioning device has got you pinpointed somewhere between glamorous and racy. You're the fast, flashy Sports Car. We're thinking a BMW or even a Porsche Boxster, with a luminous silver paint job. You are the prize earned after years of hard work and strife.

LOL considering my fav car is a Mclaren! I'm such a dreamer!
Old May 14th, 2004, 04:49 PM   #36
Rowan
On Vacation...

Are You Naughty or Nice?

You're On the Verge

We won't call the Vice Squad quite yet, but you're just a few crazy nights away from officially becoming "naughty." You've broken your share of rules — maybe had a few flings, taken some serious risks, embellished the truth every now and again to save your skin — but you're still nice when it counts. If it's dangerous, cruel, or really illegal, chances are you haven't done it. Which is probably just as it should be. We all like to walk on the wild side now and then (it can be so much fun to be bad!), but it's important to strike a balance and keep your urges in check. You're doing pretty darn well so far — keep up the good work!

LOL this is too much fun your right Uno!
Old May 14th, 2004, 05:19 PM   #37
Rowan
On Vacation...

Who's Your Celebrity Soul Mate?
Rowan, your celebrity soul mate is someone who's Indie

You're probably not one to take the path most traveled. In fact, an independent spirit like you would much rather carve out your own special niche. So it's only natural that your romantic match would be required to do the same.
Someone who's unique, intelligent, maybe a bit serious and brooding is right for the part. An indie actor like Johnny Depp seems best suited for that role. And it only makes sense that you'd rather have your rendezvous at places that are under the radar — just like you!
Old May 14th, 2004, 07:16 PM   #38
Rowan
On Vacation...

The Multiple Intelligences Test
Rowan: social intelligence

You've got people smarts! Social intelligence refers to the ability to read other people and react appropriately. As a result, you probably have a pretty keen sense of others' motivations most of the time. It's likely that you can also spot the difference between what people say and what they really mean.

This understanding of behavior and human nature can help you go far. After all, it's been said that it's not what you know, but who you know that counts. And you have a way with people. Your social intelligence may manifest as having the gift for gab, being a top-notch networker, or an excellent listener and friend.

Old May 14th, 2004, 07:22 PM   #39
cranky1c
Warrior

"Congratulations, cranky1c!
Your IQ score is 127

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results. "

Uh huh...

Back to writting and coming up with tables.....
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2004, 07:37 PM   #40
cranky1c
Warrior

"cranky1c, your Emotional IQ is 118.

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Emotional IQ test. But your Emotional IQ score is much more than just a number: it's an indicator of success.

Research has shown that people with high emotional intelligence scores — not necessarily those with the highest IQ scores — tend to be the most valued and productive employees and have the longest and happiest romantic relationships.

So, where are you most emotionally smart? Your test results show that your strongest suit is perception — your ability to pick up on what others are feeling.

Because of this, you are unusually good at reading people's verbal and non-verbal cues. You're especially aware of the subtleties of people's actions, and can feel out the vibe of a situation better than many. That gives you and edge many wish they had. People with high perception skills like yours, however, tend to rely on them to the exclusion of others. As a result, they sometimes have underdeveloped abilities in other realms of critical emotional intelligence like managing emotions, empathy, and being expressive. "

10 years working with sick people, you'd hope I'd be good at this....

Fun stuff.
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:03 PM   #41
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky1c
10 years working with sick people, you'd hope I'd be good at this....
Hey cranky1c,
In what capacity do you work with sick people?
I'm a nursing student
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:33 PM   #42
amberstar
Strike Leader

My celeb soul mate is someone who is......................

"Sizzling"

Even if you're not Hollywood's hottest star (yet), we can tell you've got the potential to turn heads nonetheless. Whether you're in the spotlight or helping out behind the scenes, it's clear that you've got an understated allure underneath that sometimes-quiet exterior.

So who's right to play the part of your leading co-star? Only a hot ticket with sex appeal and sultry style to spare can keep up with a rising star like you. A stunner like Jude Law has the brains, beauty, and talent to be your match. From awards shows to dinner dates at swanky hot spots, you'll be the latest "It" couple to add sizzle to Tinseltown. Just tell your agent you're looking for someone sizzling to co-star in your love life, and you'll be sure to find them. And that's a wrap.

I really liked this one
Old May 16th, 2004, 05:21 AM   #43
cranky1c
Warrior

My "regular" job is in a psychiatric emergency room at a local teaching hospital, doing assessment and crisis intervention. I'm not an MD, but I do answer to the name doctor. At various times I do teaching, clinical and research gigs on the side.

Man, do we need more nurses, so keep up the school stuff. Actually, there are three things that kept me from going into nursing: namely blood, urine and feces... :laugh:
Old May 16th, 2004, 09:46 AM   #44
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky1c
My "regular" job is in a psychiatric emergency room at a local teaching hospital, doing assessment and crisis intervention. I'm not an MD, but I do answer to the name doctor. At various times I do teaching, clinical and research gigs on the side.

Man, do we need more nurses, so keep up the school stuff. Actually, there are three things that kept me from going into nursing: namely blood, urine and feces... :laugh:
Wow that sounds like quite the job! I've had a few bipolar patients and found that very challenging to deal with, I can't imagine the things you must encounter with crisis intervention in an emergency room.

With regards to nursing, I'm hanging in there although sometimes I desperately want to quit they sure know how to beat the will out of you! You would never know that everyone else thinks that they need nurses we have like a 40% failure rate at the school, they will fail you in clinical at the drop of a hat, for things a nurse wouldn't even bat an eye at.

As for the blood, urine and feces, I had 6 years of training with that when I worked as a Veterinary Technician, so I'm pretty used to it, you can add pus, vomit and maggots to that list, those affect me more than the first 3!
Old May 16th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #45
Stray Viper
Warrior

I took the IQ test while eating Fizz Wiz popping candy. I'm not sure how that affected the results. :P

Your IQ score is 133

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Facts Curator. This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.
Old May 16th, 2004, 04:03 PM   #46
Stray Viper
Warrior

Took the personality test ...

You're a Lethal Weapon!

You're open-minded, enthusiastic, and popular. Chances are you might even break the rules sometimes. You're motivated and serious, and you always jump at the chance to take on a new project. Innovation and abstract thinking are your strengths.

You get cabin fever if you're cooped up too long. Sometimes you'd rather just work on an independent project so you can concentrate without having to deal with people. And you secretly question your self-worth.
Old May 16th, 2004, 08:10 PM   #47
Rowan
On Vacation...

The Ultimate Personality Test
Rowan, you're an Observer!

That means you're one of the more kind-hearted people around. You are unusually intuitive, and you probably understand yourself, as well as others. That also means you're a good mediator — though you may prefer to spend more quiet time on your own than most.

Because of the self-knowledge you already possess, you are better equipped than many to steer your life in the right direction. Understanding more about the components of your personality will reveal unique information that even people like you might not realize. And the better you know yourself, the more confident you'll be making decisions that affect your life.

How do we know this about you? Because while taking the test, you answered questions that measure the basic traits that make up your personality. We scored your answers on different personality characteristics and discovered not only that you're an Observer, but where you stand on those proven scientific scales.
Old May 17th, 2004, 02:30 AM   #48
kitty
Bad Email Address

I have just done the IQ test and got;
Your IQ score is 133

Your Intellectual Type is Facts Curator. This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills ? which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

I am pleased with that.
I just have to do the others.
kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2004, 02:52 AM   #49
kitty
Bad Email Address

Are You Naughty or Nice?

nice...................|...*.............naughty
(star marks where I was)

You're On the Verge
We won't call the Vice Squad quite yet, but you're just a few crazy nights away from officially becoming "naughty." You've broken your share of rules ? maybe had a few flings, taken some serious risks, embellished the truth every now and again to save your skin ? but you're still nice when it counts. If it's dangerous, cruel, or really illegal, chances are you haven't done it. Which is probably just as it should be. We all like to walk on the wild side now and then (it can be so much fun to be bad!), but it's important to strike a balance and keep your urges in check. You're doing pretty darn well so far ? keep up the good work!
Old May 17th, 2004, 03:23 AM   #50
Rowan
On Vacation...

Ok Sorrell try this one "Discover Your Sexual Personality"

Rowan, your sexual personality is Omega-ELDN-10
and no I'm not spelling it out here yes you can all breath a sigh of relief LOL!

Old May 17th, 2004, 03:43 AM   #51
kitty
Bad Email Address

I have just done;
"What kind of sexy are you"
Sorrell, you're Smart 'n' Sexy

Your intellect puts you in a class above the rest, and it creates a sexual aura that's untouchable by people who possess nothing more than a pretty face. You have people and intellectual smarts and are able to juggle them accordingly. Your sense of the world at large and your world around you draws people to your mind, and what a beautiful mind it is.

I suppose that validates the IQ score!
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:22 AM   #52
Rowan
On Vacation...

What's Your Best Quality?
Rowan, your best quality shines through in how Independent you are

The fact that you're an independent person who is usually able to handle things in a self-sufficient manner really draws people to you! But that's not the only thing. Your answers on the test indicate you're an honest person who values the truth and is sometimes willing to make sacrifices in order to uphold it. You are a smart person who is more able to understand complex concepts than many other people are, too.

In all, there are 15 qualities that help define you when you're at your best.
We've found that your particular combination of qualities is rare — only 1 in 10,000 people share the same general mix of traits.
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:54 AM   #53
kitty
Bad Email Address

I have just done "What is your best quality"

Sorrell, your best quality shines through in how Articulate you are

The fact that you're great at expressing yourself and can be at your best when articulating your ideas or communicating with others really draws people to you! But that's not the only thing. Your answers on the test indicate you're a caring and considerate person who is typically very loving, as well. You are a funny person who is likely known for your great sense of humor, too.
In all, there are 15 qualities that help define you when you're at your best. Those are the traits potential employers, friends, and partners look for in you. What makes you unique is your particular distribution of those 15 qualities.

We've found that your particular combination of qualities is rare ? only 3 in 10,000 people share the same general mix of traits. Those are great odds if you're trying to show a potential employer, colleague, friend, or date why you're exactly the right person for them.

I agree with all that, what a nice person I sound!
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:04 PM   #54
Rowan
On Vacation...

The 5-Factor IPIP Personality Test
Rowan, your most unique quality is that you're unusually Inspirational

You inspire others around you with your creative energy and thirst for new experiences. You are exceptionally curious and aren't afraid of learning new things — which is probably because you tend to focus on the potential positive outcome of any experience rather than dwelling on the potential negatives. You are a true explorer in the word. You want to understand and experience it all, and you're especially open to new feelings and ideas.
Compared to others who are open, your top trait = FANTASY: are unusually imaginative
AESTHETICS: are unusually appreciative of art and beauty. Only 2.1%
FEELINGS: are unusually accepting of your own and others feelings. Only 6.0%
ACTIONS: are unusually interested in having new and unusual experiences. Only 2.1%
IDEAS: are unusually curious, with a broad range of interests. Only 2.3%

VALUES: are unusually flexible in your thinking. Only 6.5%

Only 1.8% of all test takers have this unique combination of personality strengths.
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #55
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Jen, you're an SUV!

The car for you is none other than an off-road, four-wheel-driving SUV. A Toyota Landcruiser, Nissan Pathfinder, or Jeep Cherokee—take your pick. How about something in a forest green or steel blue? Maybe you're fronting as a serious professional, but deep down you're a weekend warrior at heart. Read more about your perfect car...

And guess what kind of car I own? A forest green Jeep Cherokee... go figure.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:19 AM   #56
Laura

I took the IQ test on a bad day and got a 133. I love math (I used to teach Algebra and Geometry) so some of it was easy

Congratulations, Laura!
Your IQ score is 133

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Classic IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test,

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We analyzed how you did on each of those questions which reveals how your brain uniquely works.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test. According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:51 PM   #57
Rowan
On Vacation...

Laura you should try the test again then on a good day!

I'm very bad at math and geometry it's the part I strugle with, your lucky to be good at it.

try some of the other tests they are a lot of fun!
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #58
Rowan
On Vacation...

True Talent Test

Rowan, your true talent is spatial ability

Your ability to visualize objects in three-dimensional space gives you a unique view of the world. Because of this talent, you are much better than most people at imagining new designs including floor plans, page layouts, and three dimensional objects.

How do we know that's your true talent? While you were taking the test, we calculated your responses to each test question and rated your skills in 5 areas. You scored highest on spatial ability.

People like you are usually great when it comes to putting together assemble-it-yourself furniture or other household items — whether the items arrive with instructions or not. Your spatial skills also help you understand the finer points of how things work.

This is very true I can tell just by looking at a piece of furniture if it will fit in a space or not even if I'm in a store looking at the furniture and the space is at home. I can also visualize (like from a drawing) how something will look when it is built, it's just like a photograph in my head so it's easy to see where the problems might occur because I can take the image and move it around and see it from various angles...Chris can't do this so it's very hard when I sketch a picture for him explaining how it will look because he can't visualize it at all.
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:51 AM   #59
Laura

Thanks, Rowan. I'll try that. A lot of people think that they are not very good at math. I find it is usually because of the way they were taught it in school. Math text books frustrate me. Often they are written by people who love math but haven't a clue how to communicate with young people. I was teaching from one math text that I kept finding errors in. (Talk about confusing the kids) It had things like unintended implied reciprocals in some of the story problems. So many young people grow up thinking they are not very good at math. There are a lot of adults that want nothing to do with math. Anyway, with your score on the IQ test, and seeing for myself how many math skills were required, you are probably not as bad at math as you think.
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:49 AM   #60
Rowan
On Vacation...

Well thanks Laura there is a part of me that loves math especially algebra, I even took linear algebra I liked vectors really understood them (probably because of the spatial ability like the test said) but I have had too many awful teachers and a shaky beginning that makes the foundation of my understanding unstable so to speak. I actually have far more trouble with the basics like decimals and fractions then I do the higher stuff. Some people can flip around with these two things because they understand their relationship to each other I cannot. Basic stuff like that is a challenge, so when I'm doing something higher if one of those is thrown into the equation I'm thrown off. I'm the kind of person who can seem to pull an answer to a math question out of thin air but have no clue how I got it I just somehow know the answer, not always of course just sometimes. I remember my math teacher in college teaching us logic just for the fun of it to show us the different types of stuff out there for math(if/then) I grasped it instantly and could do it in my head, he wanted us to show our work but that just messed with my ability to do it in my head. He argued with me in front of the rest of the class that it was not possible to do it in your head not with that many sections to it, yet I got them all right, it just seemed logical and easy to me. It took me 5 tries to pass 11th grade math, I got a C+ finally! But I've never gotten past that level, I hope to someday if I ever find the right teacher who could help me with the basics.It's a shame too because poor math skills has kept me from pursuing my dreams.