Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 7th, 2004, 01:02 PM   #1
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan ForceFounder/President
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Default The Colonial Fan Force Has Arrived

Greetings, all. On behalf of all of those who have been toiling for months on this project, I would like to invite you to become a member of the Colonial Fan Force.

The CFF is a group of worldwide BSG fans seeking to raise enough money to purchase at least one, and possibly two, full page ads in a pair of national publications to demonstrate to Glen Larson, Tom DeSanto, and the major Hollywood studios that we want this movie now, more than ever.

We're hoping to make the ad buys for the 17 September 2004 issue of Daily Variety, and the September issue of Cinsecape.

You can learn more about this effort by visiting our newly-launched website at: http://www.colonialfanforce.org

We urge you to give whatever you can donate to this effort. Every little bit helps, and this is our chance not only to eliminate any doubt regarding what we want from Larson, DeSanto, and Hollywood's mind, but also to refute any claims that we are "insignificant."

Please help the CFF spread the word by posting a link on every BBoard you frequent.

This is it, folks. The big one. It's time to show 'em what we are made of, and to make our voices heard. I hope that CFF can count on the support of everyone here, and score a victory for our Battlestar Galactica.

Thank you all for your patience.

Let it now begin.

Old March 7th, 2004, 01:37 PM   #2
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Now David's work makes sense!

Old March 8th, 2004, 08:52 PM   #3
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

OMG!!! That looks so awesome!!! The artwork!!!
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2004, 06:02 AM   #4
Soulmage
Shuttle Pilot

Might want to check your ad copy. I just glanced at it and noticed an error. It should be "unrealized" (with a "d") not "unrealize".

I realize its just the proposed text, but this is the face you're presenting to your base of supporters. In addition, little errors like that have a tendency not to be noticed along the way because people assume. As a result, it could see print and you'd be the laughing-stock of Hollywood instead of getting your message across.

I encourage you to keep up the effort, but if you're really trying to get folks to take you seriously, you're going to have to get a lot more professional.

Edit: The artwork does rock by the way.
Soulmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2004, 08:34 AM   #5
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Thanks, Soulmage. I'll get that fixed right away. I appreciate your constructive criticism. We're a fan group, not an ad agency... but in David Kerin, we have the talent we need to makes sure the final ad will look extremely professional, which is why I was adamant his art be featured on the home page. "We're doing the best we can" should never be a mantra, however. What other suggestions do you have for looking more professional?
Old March 10th, 2004, 06:38 AM   #6
Soulmage
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTaggart
Thanks, Soulmage. I'll get that fixed right away. I appreciate your constructive criticism. We're a fan group, not an ad agency... but in David Kerin, we have the talent we need to makes sure the final ad will look extremely professional, which is why I was adamant his art be featured on the home page. "We're doing the best we can" should never be a mantra, however. What other suggestions do you have for looking more professional?
No problem.

One thing I would suggest (and you may have done already) is check the ad formatting guidelines of the publications you're targetting. Best to have the ad designed with those in mind from the beginning, as well as put together in the appropriate file type and ready to go when you have the money.
Soulmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2004, 07:53 AM   #7
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Soulmage... indeed I have gathered the ad specs from both publications, and sent them onto David, who is designing the actual ads with those sepcs in mind..

Remember that the link on the CFF website is just to offer potential contributors a taste of David's incredible talent. The actual ads will feature the likenesses of Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict as they would look today as Colonial Officers.