Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Closed Thread

Old July 29th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #1
jjrakman

Default BSG Club forums offline?

I thought they were up?

Old July 29th, 2003, 09:39 AM   #2
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

The club forum and site are all propogating over to a new server (since the old one busted). It SHOULD be up and running by Thursday - if things go well =).

--Rhonda
BG Club President
Old July 29th, 2003, 09:47 AM   #3
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

Exclamation Site Propagating to New Web Hosting Server

Hi,

You're looking at the old version of the site (and the forums) on the old server. The DNS settings have not propagated to the worldwide Internet servers yet. The propagation period for any change in DNS settings always takes 24-72 hours, no exceptions. This waiting period occurs on any site on the Internet that is transferred to a new server. You can access the new site directly at the following link:

http://207.44.244.38/~battlestar

When the DNS settings are done propagating, the BattlestarGalacticaClub.com domain name will point directly to the new site. Right now it's still pointing to the old site, and likely will for another day or two. When the DNS settings are completed, I'll then install the Invision Power Board forum software on the new server and import all of the existing accounts, messages, topics, and replies to the new server.

Regards,

Nathan Proia
Old July 29th, 2003, 09:57 AM   #4
jjrakman

Cool. Thanks for the explanation.

Old July 29th, 2003, 01:24 PM   #5
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

Hi,

Things should go well after the DNS changes are done filtering to the worldwide Internet servers. Granted, one year ago my host filed incorrect DNS updates that resulted in downtime for two weeks. But they responded quickly, filed the correct settings, put a monitoring script in place to make sure it wouldn't happen again, and offered me one year of free web hosting to compensate. So, come Thursday the forums should very well be online without any errors.

Regards,

Nathan

Old July 29th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #6
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

Thumbs up See you Soon!

Hi,

Okay, the forums are bumped up... a bit. They'll be online tomorrow evening, rather than tomorrow night. And if I work through the night tonight (and I will), they'll be up tomorrow afternoon. The new version of the forums software is installed and the database has been imported and upgraded to the new version. That includes all accounts, messages, topics, and replies. I'm configuring the advanced settings now, and then I'll fully test all functions of the forum. Then comes the skinning... the custom backgrounds and buttons that form the Battlestar Galactica theme and layout of the forum, and that will take a while. Finally, several customizations (aka 'hacks') that provide advanced functionality will be installed, configured, and tested as well. So... by the time the DNS settings are done filtering to all the worldwide Internet servers tomorrow afternoon, I'll have the forums fully up and running at that time. See you Soon!

Regards,

Nathan Proia

http://207.44.244.38/~battlestar

Old July 30th, 2003, 05:31 PM   #7
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the new link starshiptrooper .........I like it alot better then the old one!
Old August 6th, 2003, 08:44 PM   #8
jjrakman

Starship, can you e-mail me a new password? I tried to submit my username to resend validation e-mail and I got this:

"The Following Errors Were Found
There are no pending validation requests for that member. Please check the name and try again"

Old August 7th, 2003, 04:22 AM   #9
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

Exclamation

Hi,

The "Resend Validation E-Mail" didn't work because your account was already validated (approved). Click the following link for "Forgotten Password Recovery". This link will send a new password to your e-mail address. Reply back if you have any problems.
Old August 7th, 2003, 04:23 AM   #10
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

Exclamation

http://www.battlestargalacticaclub.c...ct=Reg&CODE=10

Closed Thread