Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old January 12th, 2004, 10:40 PM   #121
holodoc2000
Colonel

tee hee! Little ole me just been lurking around here up until the last day or so. Been going a little off the wall with a few of my postings.

Dr Delen & Capt. Jadzia Jaspin (Warriors & Rebels)

http://www.geocities.com/bsgrebels/

Athena Avengers!
http://www.geocities.com/bsgathena
holodoc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2004, 10:46 PM   #122
holodoc2000
Colonel

tee hee! Little ole me just been lurking around here up until the last day or so. Been going a little off the wall with a few of my postings.

Athena Avengers!
Old January 12th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #123
holodoc2000
Colonel

OOOPS!!! Some how that ended up posting twice & was only ment for it to post once.

:hide: :hide: :hide:

Athena Avengers!
Old January 13th, 2004, 06:48 AM   #124
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I like your nickname Holodoc. I loved watching voyager.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2004, 08:14 AM   #125
bsg1fan1975
Major

nice to meet you holodoc

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2004, 06:27 PM   #126
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

*bump
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 09:50 PM   #127
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

My current avatar. I love that pose. I may be a completely heterosexual human male, but that is the sexiest male kangaroo I've laid eyes on. It must be the pose. That "I'm the hottest hopper this side of the bushland, sheila, you know you wanna hop on what I got going on here," so come to big joey, you hop happy beyach!"

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:07 AM   #128
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

14th you crack me up!!!!!!!
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:41 AM   #129
vectrex70

Hi Everyone

My User Name - Vectrex70

Comes from the Vectrex system and represents my interests for all vectorscan systems that was used in StarWars, Battlestar Galactica, to all the vector scan video arcades that was made in the 1970's to the early 80's.

My Avatar is based on the built in Vectrex game, Minestorm. The snapshot was made from the mess emulator.

My signature was from a Quote from Dr. Seuss. I forgot how I stumbled on it, but I can tell you that I liked it to have my signature.

I did not had time to finish my public profile but I will finish it as soon as I can!
Old May 5th, 2004, 08:24 AM   #130
doc834
Bad Email Address

My User name comes from the fact thaat I am a Navy Hospital Corpsman, so the common nickname is "Doc". 834 was my badge number, when I was a volunteer firefighter.

My sig is a saying that I saw back in High School. It's one of the only sayings that I actually remember.

I couldn't find any avatars that fit my personality, so I just used this one.
doc834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 06:26 PM   #131
cranky1c
Warrior

I'm just too lazy to come up with a different name than my New York Times profile, and cranky1, crancky1a and cranky1b were already taken.
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 06:55 PM   #132
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

When I was in college I played a lot of BattleTech ( an '80s strategy and tactics board game), and the 'Mech called the Warhammer was my favorite. Once a Warhammer driver always a Warhammer driver, I guess.

My avatar is a screenshot of a Warhammer from one of the PC games based on BattleTech called MechWarrior.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2004, 08:17 PM   #133
Rowan
On Vacation...

My Callsign

1) What yours means? It's a name of the lead character from a book
2) Where it comes from (source)? "The Rowan" by Anne McCaffrey
3) What it means to you? Well I identified somewhat with the character the blurb on the inside jacket says "She was the most important talent on her planet (talent meaning psychic abilities) but it was a lonely life especially for a woman who had been deprived of her childhood. The men she loved were beneath her, and she loved no one - until Jeff entered her life"
4) Why you picked it? Well I wanted an easy handle for people to write some handles are hard to spell or type fast, or remember, I wanted something connected to Sci Fi and I wanted something that was relatively uncommon, and I have always liked the name.

My Avatar
Is a picture of Dark Angel (Jessica Alba) she and I are very similar in size and shape, she's a little taller and I'm a little curvier The character of the Dark Angle is similar to mine in many respects, capable of being feminine but also tough, yet vulnerable, a fighter/ survivor, helping others, soft place in her heart for those society rejects, loves motorcycles, you can count on her. I chose this particular image of her because she has that confident, cocky, tough girl pose going on plus I love the leather outfit...oh if only I had money...

My sig
initially was from the song The Rainbow Connection by Kermit the Frog ( I have a very special place in my heart for Kermit)

"Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it,
And look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me."

I chose this because I am a dreamer and made many a wish on a star and I'm hoping that someday I'll find what I 'm wishing for. I also felt it applied to all of us who have been making the same wish for 26 years.

Right now my sig is a poem I like especially in our current times.
Ok that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I did have a whole bunch of personal stuff in my profile but then got acquainted with the darker side of BBoards and decided to erase it all...
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 09:48 PM   #134
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Cool explanations. =)

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2004, 02:12 AM   #135
gmd3d
Major

Thumbs up

hi all
Well my call sign: was given to me by a friend who is know living in Finland so it has just stuck with me when ever i join a web site. there is the Battleship Potemkin and it a story he was intrested in why he gave me the name i don't know????
my current avatar: is by David Moss a viper and a pilot perpared for combat and i just like the picture.
my sig:is one of my fav lines in BSG between Starbuck and Boomer
regards potemkin

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2004, 04:26 PM   #136
Aeneas
Warrior

My name/callsign? Well, it comes from 2 sources. First, Aeneas was the hero/title character of Virgil's The Aenid, an epic poem on the scale of Homer's The Illiad and The Odyssey . As a matter of fact, it takes place in the same time frame as both. Aeneas is a prince of Troy, one of their greatest warriors(second only to Hector) and as such is the only one of the Trojan nobility to survive the sack of Troy. He and his followers then undertake a long and arduous journey(oft. parell to Odysseus) ultimately founding a settlement on the shore of the Tiber river in Italy...Rome. (I especially like the irony that the Trojans...or their Roman descendants ultimately conquer the same swaggering Greeks that destroyed Troy, makes you think that maybe the Colonials have a chance in ultimately bestin the Cylons, dontcha think ?)

As to source two, being that so many characters in the TOS universe take their names from ancient mythology, I figured "wouldn't it be nice to have a character named Aeneas"? Actually, he's the hero of a series of fanfics(that I ultimately plan to start...someday) titled "Battlestar Prometheus" which takes place approx. the same time as TOS.

Briefly, Aeneas is a Warrior and a Viper pilot. He is the son of a member of the TOS Galactica's crew *spoiler*(a prominent one @ that) and the Strike Commander of the Prometheus' squadrons(hence the sig...it's what might've happened if it had been the Prometheus that either the Galctica or Pegasus had met up with in "LL" ! ) His backstory as well as that of the rest of the characters and the Prometheus itself is really interesting--the result of various sketches,shorts, and the occasional foray on fan info sites--the Prometheus was declared missing by the onset of TOS. (O.k., now I've got to start in the suspense will kill folks!)
Old May 10th, 2004, 04:27 PM   #137
Aeneas
Warrior

P.S.(belatedly): Thanks for the avatar, BST!!!
Old May 16th, 2004, 08:39 AM   #138
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default my internet name

My Internet name, which I use for everything I participate in, is skippercollector. Usually girls immediately know what it means, but it puzzles guys. Skipper is one of Barbie's younger sisters, and Skipper's been my favorite doll since second grade. I'm talking about 1968, when I got a blonde Twist N Turn Skipper for Christmas. Although I own lots of Barbies and Kens, my collection mainly focuses on Skipper and her friends. Unfortunately, in some of these discussion groups, the name has too many characters, which is why you'll sometimes see me listed as skippercollecto (no R on the end).
My Battlestar Galactica fan fiction name is Tatiana, which I came up with in the early 80s when I joined some fan clubs. I have always liked Russian history, which is where I borrowed the name from.
And as for my given name, it is Mary Ann Elizabeth Wernke.
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 01:01 AM   #139
Rowan
On Vacation...

would love to hear from some of the newer members
Old January 8th, 2005, 02:15 PM   #140
BRG
Warrior

My username BRG stands for British Racing Green . I'm a Formula 1 fan, so I wanted a name that was linked to the sport and also sounded quite cool. Up until the late 60's, all British teams painted they're cars this colour. Since then they have been painted like a 200mph pack of cigarettes!

Pic of Jim Clark in the beautiful green & yellow Lotus Ford of 1967.

My avatar, well it's Superman of corse! My favorite comic book hero from when I was a lad. I also think it is a cool picture by Alex Ross.

And my signiture. It is that great line from Back to the Future, when Marty first meets the 1955 Doc Brown! A brilliant line by Michael J. Fox from one of the best films of the 80's.
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #141
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks BRG!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 03:18 PM   #142
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

BRG -

I miss the days when Formula 1 cars looked like that.....

I love the pic - and that color. The last car I had was a 2001 Miata Special Edition. It too was British Racing Green!

I'm a tad more sensible now, and I have an SUV, but it's still green...

"Green is my signature color...."

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 03:24 PM   #143
julix
Bad Email Address

I am not really "new" but I see I haven't posted yet. My callsign Julix is a name I made up when trying to make a character from a computer game a couple of years ago......I always liked the name Julie and used to pretend it was my name as a little girl. My daughter is named Julianna. So I came up with Julix...which I say Juli X.
And as for my Avi....I am a big time TOS fan and always admired Sheba because she was smart, strong and independent and yet still pretty and feminine. Which are goals I try to strive for. anyway....I don't have a signature pharse yet............hmmmm
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #144
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Julix!!! I think Sheba was my favorite gal from BSG too (although it's hard to choose -- they were all great!!)

Oh, BRG and Gemini, my sister-in-law bought an MG long, long ago and brought it over to my place. I begged her to drive it, and she let me take it for a spin. Most fun driving a car I've ever had.

And guys... it was GREEN
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 04:46 PM   #145
Rowan
On Vacation...

BRG those exact colours on the car are my old high school colours I had gym shorts just like it green with the yellow strips down the sides LOL

Bryan that is one sexy little car you had!! mmmmmmmm I say forget sensible!!

Thanks for sharing Julix and BRG
Old January 8th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #146
Excalibur
On Vacation...

Battlestar Galactica 2004

EXCALIBUR

I didn't discover the internet until just 5 years ago. Once I started finding forums, I would go to choose a name, and everything I could come up with, was already taken.

I looked at the sword I have hanging on my wall, and decided to try Excalibur. In some places it is already taken by someone else, but I use it where I can.

Now, as for the avatar. I saw the original series when I was a kid, but it's been so long I barely remember anything other then the Cylons. They were cool looking! Having discovered the mini-series on DVD a little over a week ago, I was hooked on the new BSG imediately. I understand those who might not, but for me it's great.

I remember when I heard they were going to be making a new Star Trek series, back in the 80's. I was really upset. Not knowing Gene was involved, I thought the studio was just going to wipe their feet all over the original, in an attempt to make money off of something good, while making something bad. Then I watched the first episode of TNG, and haven't missed an episode of Star Trek since.

I saw the avatar for Apollo on another forum, and decided to use it. I mean, what guy doesn't want to grow up to be a hot shot fighter pilot?

Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 06:31 PM   #147
Rowan
On Vacation...

Cool Excalibur!! I have the same problem with the name Rowan aparently it's more popular than I realized, I can't always use it on other forums either.

You have a sword on your wall? I have a "thing" for swords (and to those who know me too well this is not a sexual inuendo I know I know it's hard to believe I'm not going there this time but I'm not!! )

I have a passion for swords, Zoro was my favourite "super hero" when I was a young lass and it's a big reason why I loved Highlander. So tell me about the sword you have what kind is it why do you have it etc.
Old January 8th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #148
Excalibur
On Vacation...

My dad thought I was crazy, I think, when I got a sword. I was 18 or so I think. Then, on our senior class trip to Florida, we went to the Medevil Times dinner theater, and I bought another sword. One of my classmates went off on me. She was literally screaming at me for spending my money on a sword. Oh well!

Last year I ordered Anduril for myself for Christmas. I waited, and waited, and waited, and I finally got word that it had been sent. But, what arrived was the Witchking sword, so I sent it back. By June I was so mad, I cancelled the order. Maybe one day, I'll get around to getting it.
Old January 8th, 2005, 08:27 PM   #149
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Well, since I originally did this I have changed my avatar. This is one of my favorite scenes in one of my favorite movies with my favorite actor. (the one movie I can recite the dialogue from beginning to end...just sad, that.)

I love everything Alan Rickman does, this pic is from a scene in Galaxy Quest, just before his character starts 'usual' rant about how low he has sunk in his work. And I just like the makeup-brush up his nose pic.

"How did I come to this? I played Richard the Third. There were five curtian calls. I was an actor once, damnit, now look at me! Look at me! I cannot go out there and say that stupid line one more time. I can't, I won't!."

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #150
Excalibur
On Vacation...

Love that movie!!!!