Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 8th, 2004, 09:08 AM   #31
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I just wanted to say KingJason .........I just love your Darth Maul Avatar
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2004, 07:13 PM   #32
Stray Viper
Warrior

And won't that just be awesome: the Pegasus storyline, finding Earth, overcoming obstacles, perhaps even facing new enemies; and preparing Earth for the coming war. All this leading up to the grand moment when the Galactica at last arrives. Can you imagine the preview? A brief glimpse of the approaching Galactica, Apollo and Starbuck on the bridge ... the music ... awesome! And the Cylons come on the heels of the Galactica and the war rages on!
Old August 9th, 2004, 10:43 AM   #33
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason
If anything Larson, really should have released his Battlestar Atlantis trailer which involves the Pegasus finding Earth (before the Galactica somehow) and finding the Battlestar Atlantis. The fans would have gotten a idea at his version of a Galactica spin off. Had he shown it to the Galactica fans. By making it downloadable online or showing it a convention like ComicCon, Wizardworld or DragonCon event even!

The year 2000 wasn't that long ago, does the trailer still exist somewhere?

Maybe with enough prodding Larson will cough up the goods. Then again, with Larson getting hold of Lost footage isn't easy, i.e. the deleted Cloven Hooves footage, Starbuck storms the Galactica bridge during the pilot, Starbuck catching Apollo at the end of "Hand Of God" etc.

Why wasn't or why didn't Larson play the Atlantis trailer at Galacticon last year! Is it actually good enough to be shown, is it long enough (i heard it only a minute long) or is Glen Larson redoing the trailer and saving it for a later use.

Perhaps yet another issue the Battlestar Galactica fanbase at "CFF" should take up hmmm?

KJ
How could the Atantis be found? It was destroyed along with the rest of the fleet. Adama never saw the Pegasus destroyed in the first Cylon attack so it was a nice surprise when it later turned up intact. But he did see the Atlantis blown to pieces as did we.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #34
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
How could the Atantis be found? It was destroyed along with the rest of the fleet. Adama never saw the Pegasus destroyed in the first Cylon attack so it was a nice surprise when it later turned up intact. But he did see the Atlantis blown to pieces as did we.
I think he's trying to say that there are two Atlantis's .....although
unless the Atlantis that was destroyed before our eyes was in fact
Atlantis "I" .......then it should have been labled Atlantis "I" instead
of just Atlantis.

So I can see BOTH points of view here
Old August 9th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #35
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Sorry to disrupt the discussion, boys and girls, but it was the Atlantia that was destroyed in Saga. Not the Atlantis.

Perhaps if the Atlantis was the battlestar that accompanied the 13th tribe to Earth...........

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2004, 11:55 AM   #36
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Sorry to disrupt the discussion, boys and girls, but it was the Atlantia that was destroyed in Saga. Not the Atlantis.

Perhaps if the Atlantis was the battlestar that accompanied the 13th tribe to Earth...........

I am
Dawg
DAWG ......you didn't DISRUPT the discussion ........You resolved it

Thanks I get the Atlantia and Atlantis mixed up all the time
Old August 9th, 2004, 01:46 PM   #37
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
DAWG ......you didn't DISRUPT the discussion ........You resolved it

Thanks I get the Atlantia and Atlantis mixed up all the time
It's the first mix up for me. I didn't know there were two ships with similar names. So, Atlantis was a battlestar that brought the 13th tribe to Earth? Is that from the novel, or mentioned in the series?

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #38
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Strange, because Battlestars weren't built until the war with the Cylons? The Galactica itself wasn't bulit until 500 years into the war (See: The Hand of God) Or Battlestars themselves weren't built until 500 during the war with the Cylon Empire.

Also the journey to Earth wasn't discussed in Living Legend. So Cain and his crew, are not aware of the co-ordinates to Earth, which were given to Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba in "War Of The Gods".

If we were to get a Pegasus movie, i'd just like a strong sense of continuity is all! How many times have we seen a great movie but there is always glaring continuity errors? like Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan? Chekov wasn't in season 1 of ST:TOS but Khan said he saw him. Even Nicholas Meyer said he goofed up on that.

Quote:
It's the first mix up for me. I didn't know there were two ships with similar names. So, Atlantis was a battlestar that brought the 13th tribe to Earth? Is that from the novel, or mentioned in the series?
Just Larson's plot point idea he created for his movie concept, 14th colony.
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 11:08 AM   #39
justjackrandom
Bad Email Address

Quote:
If we were to get a Pegasus movie, i'd just like a strong sense of continuity is all! How many times have we seen a great movie but there is always glaring continuity errors? like Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan? Chekov wasn't in season 1 of ST:TOS but Khan said he saw him. Even Nicholas Meyer said he goofed up on that.
And we probably won't get good continuity. That's why I have a love/hate relationship with the idea of a continuation. I desperately want one, but am probably not going to be happy with it...

JJR
justjackrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2004, 09:02 AM   #40
KJ
Strike Leader

True, sometimes it's right to avoid it but other times you just wish it was there, being ever present.

I, Robot is a good film but only uses the loose framework of the Asimov i, Robot short story books! even the Trek films have continuity goofs. (see ST: First Contact about the first Human/Vulcan meeting?)

Quote:
I desperately want one, but am probably not going to be happy with it...
You, me and millions of other Galactica fans the world over! you know, the ones Universal execs would have everyone else believe, don't exist.

KJ

P.S. Nice avatar, if it's a fan made Battlestar insignia. Which Battlestar would you have it be? One with a Galactica emblem but with a sword, nice touch.

Old August 16th, 2004, 09:15 AM   #41
KJ
Strike Leader

I also like Dawg's avatar. even though, SFX were done to show the other Battlestars in the window of that shot. i can't help feeling Colla's deleted other 3 hours worth of footage would have shown, the other Battlestars in simlar shots before and during the 'Battle of Cimtar'. Colla version of the pilot was interupted by Larson and ABC for colla left after 28 days on the pilot.

After all, there are still many continuity errors within the pilot. Why have background dialog of the other ships names and not show them? why does Omega state the Galactica is the last Battlestar mere moments after the audience sees the Galactica leave the Triton, Pacifica and Acropolis to go to Caprica.

Maybe it's just me, but like alot of fans. I see on little thing and try to draw many conclusions from it. It's a beautiful shot and great scene when Adama and Adar gaze out the window to see the fleet of battlestars.

Nice avatar, Dawg.

KJ
Old August 17th, 2004, 08:19 AM   #42
justjackrandom
Bad Email Address

Quote:
P.S. Nice avatar, if it's a fan made Battlestar insignia. Which Battlestar would you have it be? One with a Galactica emblem but with a sword, nice touch.
Thanks. After seeing what is being hailed as the Atlantia's emblem being one kind of design over another, I decided that this would work for some of the other Battlestars as well. Following the costumers lead, I combined the Galactica’s patch with a modified patch of the U.S. Army’s Maneuver Support Center.

Its either for Red Squadron of the Pacifica or the Triton, I haven’t decided…or maybe one of the “missing” battlestars. It’s a preliminary idea for the fan continuation project I’m working on. I’m also playing with designs for the other patches.

JJR
justjackrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2004, 09:03 AM   #43
goldcenturian
Shuttle Pilot

Hi all!
I found a story line at Adam Stacey's site that does make Starbuck a part of the PEGASUS crew and then a commander in his own right of a new Battlestar, the MILLENNIA. The fanfic stories are titled The Undefeated: A Hero Reborn, The Lost Battlestar and Against the Odds.
If anyone's interested the address is www.msu.edu/user/stacey/Galactica/gal-fanfic.htm

Good story. The characters are identifiable and the writing's good.
My .02 worth,
Carolyn
goldcenturian is offline   Reply With Quote