Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:42 AM   #1
koenigrules
Warrior Ace
 
koenigrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 231

Default One BSG Rumor Confirmed: Hatch Will Be In Several Episodes

Well, one rumor reported by yours truly is confirmed.
Sci-Fi Wire today reported that Hatch will appear in several episodes.
Now if we can just get confirmation on Dirk's involvement.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...8/06/12.30.sfc

The full story follows:
Hatch Embraces New Galactica

Richard Hatch, who will guest-star in SCI FI Channel's upcoming original series Battlestar Galactica, told fans that it was difficult for him to give up his idea to continue the original series, in which he starred. Hatch played Apollo in the original Galactica in the 1970s and had mounted a one-man campaign to revive the original show, with many of the original actors. "It was very difficult to accept the reimagining, but I have nothing personal against any of the actors or the crew or the producers or the writers [of the new series]," Hatch told an audience at Comic-Con International in San Diego. "When they decided to go a different way, I was angry and as hurt as anybody. And finally, when they did the show, it was obvious to me that there were some very good elements. But it was very difficult not being biased and prejudiced as somebody who loved the original show, being able to even see this show through objective eyes. So I didn't want to unfairly judge it. And I watched it several times. And once I could get past the bias and look at it for what it was and not what it wasn't, ... I found interesting ideas. I found some interesting characters."

Hatch previously turned down a cameo role in the four-hour Galactica miniseries, which aired last December. But executive producer Ron Moore approached him again when the network gave the new series a green light. "I'm very, very proud that they actually invited me to come on," Hatch said. "[Moore] said, 'I don't know if you're willing to do this, but we would love to have you come on and play a role and guest-star on the show, and it could be a continuing role.' I was very, very impressed when I sat down and talked with him."

In several episodes of the new series, Hatch will play a "Nelson-Mandela-style political prisoner," fulfilling many of his hopes for the original series. "They're getting into the core stories," he said. "Core challenges about surviving, struggling, dealing with your issues, and that's what I wanted so much from the original show." But Hatch added that he has not given up his quest to continue the original series. "[Although] we're not getting the continuation at this time, hopefully, maybe sooner than later, a movie. Maybe a miniseries, something to resolve the original show. That's what I hope." The new Battlestar Galactica series will premiere in January 2005.

KR
koenigrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:51 AM   #2
Dawg
Great Wise Guru
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 5,007


Default

I'm still yawning.

Using the Hatch character for more than a single episode is no surprise - this was obviously the plan from the start and that's how it was presented from the start - "recurring" means "more than one episode".

There's nothing new here.

I am
Dawg
__________________
"...I aim to misbehave." Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity.

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:58 AM   #3
koenigrules
Warrior Ace
 
koenigrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 231

Default

Wrong Dawg.
Hatch said he would do another if BSG goes a second season; he never said he would do 2 or 3 in BSG's first season.
So this is news so wake up!!!
KR
koenigrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 5,007


Default

Sorry, KR - but I'm standing by what I said.

The Hatch character has always had the "recurring" label attached to it, from the earliest we heard of it. That tells me - and everybody else - Moore & Co. always intended him to appear in multiple episodes.

But if this is news to you, then don't let me rain on your parade.





I am
Dawg
__________________
"...I aim to misbehave." Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity.

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:14 AM   #5
CommanderTaggart
Warrior
 
CommanderTaggart's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceFounder/President
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 422

Default

Wrong, KR. In Richard's interview at the Cylon Alliance, he indicated that he would be returning to do at least one more episode in the first season. There is nothing new here. But if you are in such dire need of being able to take credit for something, I suppose this is rather inoccuous.

As far as confirming Dirk's participation... or, as you suggest at Skiffy, confirming Richard's hand in securing Dirk's participation... I have good reason to believe that you are orbiting the wrong colony.
__________________
Our time is at hand. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!!! http://www.colonialfanforce.org
CommanderTaggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:41 AM   #6
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender
 
Darth Marley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nashville,TN
Posts: 1,357

Default

Not only that, CT, but Micheleh has said it is ep #11, with no word (meaning RH has not been asked to appear) about eps #12-13.
__________________
May've been the losing side. I'm still not convinved it was the wrong one.
Darth Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:45 AM   #7
Gemini1999
Gemini Freighter Driver
 
Gemini1999's Avatar
 
FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 3,544


Default

KR -

I think that Micheleh beat you and Skiffy for that confirmation you seem to so badly need. She posted at CA earlier this morning that Richard would be in episode #11 (not 12 or 13) - she's the one that would really know anyway when it comes to all things Richard.

I don't really see the point in crowing about whether your rumors are correct or not. The fact is when you run around and say things like: "See, I told you so" or "I was the one that said it first", it usually backfires a bit. If you give someone else the chance to say "Gee, KR was right", it's not usually as irritating - unless you don't care one way or the other.

I have to say something here - I don't know who your source is, but I had a thought.... If someone tells you something that shouldn't be spread around, or not to tell them who you got it from - generally that infers that the person's job is at stake, not just the flow of information. If someone tells me something and says not to spread it around, but I do anyway and just leave the source out... What does that say about me? Which is more important - keeping the confidence of a friend because you value them as such? Or, spreading the info around as "rumors" just to gain attention or favor from those around you? In my book, its a no-brainer.... It's a matter of integrity to me, either one has it, or not.

Sincerely,
Gemini1999
__________________
"When Commander Adama sees these, he's gonna go crazy!" - Col. Tigh - "Saga of a Star World"

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:54 AM   #8
koenigrules
Warrior Ace
 
koenigrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 231

Default

Darth:
My source says Episode 11 is done & no Richard.
He is still slated to appear in 12 & 13.
So it's a question of which rumor to believe (or not).
KR
P.S. Check out the definition of "several" episodes. It means "more than two."
And "several" was cited in the Sci-Fi Wire article today.
koenigrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:55 AM   #9
CommanderTaggart
Warrior
 
CommanderTaggart's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceFounder/President
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 422

Default

Well said, Bryan. Well said.
__________________
Our time is at hand. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!!! http://www.colonialfanforce.org
CommanderTaggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:58 AM   #10
peter noble
Strike Leader
 
peter noble's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 2,560

Default

I'd also add that Dreamwatch magazine as of last week had the story that Hatch would return for a second episode filming in August. And the inference for several months has been that indeed Richard would return for further episode(s). Hey, it's not rocket science!

I'd also like to add that once more CA managed to filter through the felgercarb and get the facts before anyone else did!

Go us!

Peter
__________________
"Battlestar Galactica will never happen again the way that it was." Laurette Spang
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:59 AM   #11
koenigrules
Warrior Ace
 
koenigrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 231

Default

To set the record straight Gemini1999,
my source said I could report the rumors on the galactica sites, OK?
So I am respecting the integrity of my source. You do not need to worry about that, OK?
But thanks for your concern,
KR
P.S. And I do treat the source as a friend. I think you are making some erroneous inferences here about me & my personality.
In any case, again thanks for the concern. It has been noted & treated the way it should be.
koenigrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 11:10 AM   #12
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender
 
Darth Marley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nashville,TN
Posts: 1,357

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenigrules
Darth:
My source says Episode 11 is done & no Richard.
He is still slated to appear in 12 & 13.
Maybe true, such inaccuracies do happen in real life, and frankly, I do not see why anyone should be harsh about such minutiae.

Maybe RH has the ep 11 script, and will be in that, maybe an error has crept in, and it is 12/13.

Maybe 11 is shot, maybe it isn't. I am not in a position to confirm either side of that question. We all know a few others that can though.

In due course, we will all be able to look back, and nitpick about who was right or wrong, and that serves no useful purpose, except for some kind of perverse bragging rights.
__________________
May've been the losing side. I'm still not convinved it was the wrong one.
Darth Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #13
peter noble
Strike Leader
 
peter noble's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 2,560

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marley
In due course, we will all be able to look back, and nitpick about who was right or wrong, and that serves no useful purpose, except for some kind of perverse bragging rights.
Hey, if I'm going to claim bragging rights I'll leave the perveristy up to you Darth!

As Joe Friday said: "Just the facts ma'am."

I'm sure we'll will learn soon enough if there is any truth to the rumour about a second TOS actor appearing in nuGalactica.

Best,

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #14
CommanderTaggart
Warrior
 
CommanderTaggart's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceFounder/President
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 422

Default

Bragging rights are immaterial. It is the facts that matter.
__________________
Our time is at hand. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!!! http://www.colonialfanforce.org
CommanderTaggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 11:31 AM   #15
koenigrules
Warrior Ace
 
koenigrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 231

Default

I thought rumors weren't facts.
Oh I see CT, they are facts when you endorse them or the site they are on (like cylon.org).
God forbid anything should appear on bsg2003 that is accurate, right?
KR
koenigrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 11:38 AM   #16
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender
 
Darth Marley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nashville,TN
Posts: 1,357

Default

Chill out KR.

It is best to leave the personal politics on the subliminal level.

G2003 has plenty of accurate news about the RDM production.

I imagine that if you went back in history, there are some things reported there that did not pan out.

And, the speculations of the continuationist crowd have not always been accurate either.

You have had to present these new items as "rumor" for good and obvious reasons.
Time will reveal the truth, no reason to get defensive about it.

Even if your reports are wrong, I will not be pointing back saying "look at what this guy said, man was he way off!" as that serves no useful purpose.

Now, a few well known members of the community that have real access to DB and RH have made some comments that conflict with your news from your source.
None of us are going to abandon trust in these people because of a rumor.
__________________
May've been the losing side. I'm still not convinved it was the wrong one.
Darth Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 11:40 AM   #17
peter noble
Strike Leader
 
peter noble's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 2,560

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenigrules
I thought rumors weren't facts.
Oh I see CT, they are facts when you endorse them or the site they are on (like cylon.org).
God forbid anything should appear on bsg2003 that is accurate, right?
KR

What usually happens is there are rumours and speculation on our site (CA) which usually leads to some lively, often heated debates and then the truth comes out.

I knew that Richard Hatch was considering a part in nuGalactica before there was even a whiff of it on the net but I kept my mouth shut about it until it was official.

Being in a position on the cusp of BSG fandom (which was a complete accident I'd like to add) means I've had to keep schtum on a lot of stuff, some of it has been complete felgercarb while other things have turned out to be true.

Best,

Peter
__________________
"Battlestar Galactica will never happen again the way that it was." Laurette Spang
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #18
bsg1fan1975
Intergalactic Comic
 
bsg1fan1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cheesehead in Connecticut
Posts: 6,681


Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
KR -

I think that Micheleh beat you and Skiffy for that confirmation you seem to so badly need. She posted at CA earlier this morning that Richard would be in episode #11 (not 12 or 13) - she's the one that would really know anyway when it comes to all things Richard.

I don't really see the point in crowing about whether your rumors are correct or not. The fact is when you run around and say things like: "See, I told you so" or "I was the one that said it first", it usually backfires a bit. If you give someone else the chance to say "Gee, KR was right", it's not usually as irritating - unless you don't care one way or the other.

I have to say something here - I don't know who your source is, but I had a thought.... If someone tells you something that shouldn't be spread around, or not to tell them who you got it from - generally that infers that the person's job is at stake, not just the flow of information. If someone tells me something and says not to spread it around, but I do anyway and just leave the source out... What does that say about me? Which is more important - keeping the confidence of a friend because you value them as such? Or, spreading the info around as "rumors" just to gain attention or favor from those around you? In my book, its a no-brainer.... It's a matter of integrity to me, either one has it, or not.

Sincerely,
Gemini1999

Amen and pass the ammo Gemini! You said exactly what I was going to say. I do not believe anything I hear until it is confirmed or denied by a reliable source. Most of the time its a rumor or a figment of someone's overactive imagination!

Kudos to you too Peter and CommanderTaggert! You guys can back everything up that you say with facts!
__________________

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:00 PM   #19
CommanderTaggart
Warrior
 
CommanderTaggart's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceFounder/President
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 422

Default

KR wrote:

Quote:
I thought rumors weren't facts.
Oh I see CT, they are facts when you endorse them or the site they are on (like cylon.org).
God forbid anything should appear on bsg2003 that is accurate, right?
KR
What are you babbling about, KR? A rumor is a rumor and a fact is a fact. Which rumor are you accusing me of characterizing as a fact? Or vice-versa? I was a journalist for 10 years. I know all bout the difference between rumors and facts, and the need to distinguish between them. I don't know for a fact that Dirk won't be in the new show. But I have heard some rumors that suggest otherwise. This is all I have said, and all I intend to say. I have confidence in my sources, but I am content to wait, like everyone else, for the facts in this matter. And, since I readily admit that I am dealing in rumors, I have refrained from running all over the internet trying to take credit for my "scoop."

My statement was this: Bragging rights are immaterial. Facts are what matter. The fact is that Richard is doing more episodes. That fact is that is old news. So far as I know, we're both waiting for facts when it comes to Dirk's participation.

Your behaviour today has been bewildering, to say the least, but how that statement could have been taken as inflammatory is way beyond me.

*Edit* BTW, and for the record, I have nothing against BSG2003.net. I rarely visit the site, but I have nothing against it, and would be quite suprised if they didn't have an impressive record of accuracy when it comes to the RDM show. I have not read the link to the article regarding Dirk's possible participation, but I would hope they are reporting it as a rumor, as opposed to fact.
__________________
Our time is at hand. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!!! http://www.colonialfanforce.org
CommanderTaggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:22 PM   #20
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship
 
jewels's Avatar
 


FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wandering Indiana
Posts: 5,100


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marley
Now, a few well known members of the community that have real access to DB and RH have made some comments that conflict with your news from your source.
None of us are going to abandon trust in these people because of a rumor.
Thanks Darth for that dose of common sense and vote of confidence for people that do actually know the actors themselves.

BTW, Richard referred to "an episode" singular when I wrote him a congrats the other day. Not that I really care if it's 1 or 2 more....I'm glad for any chance he gets to show off that acting talent of his.

And, KR, in the wacky world of Skiffy's marketing do you really believe that they would differentiate "several" as being more than 2 or would they use that term more loosely in a "2 or maybe more" fashion? I vote the latter, just from witnessing their general modus operandi over time. Hype are us must be their unspoken motto. Take our skepticism as a friendly warning. We've seen rumors that were so far off the map get fed to multiple fan insider sources. They were so well placed that they had to have been deliberate setups. They were felgercarb. Wouldn't want you to suffer the same crapola.
__________________
"We feel free when we escape even if it be but from the frying pan to the fire." Mozzie on White Collar

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:31 PM   #21
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship
 
jewels's Avatar
 


FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wandering Indiana
Posts: 5,100


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble
I knew that Richard Hatch was considering a part in nuGalactica before there was even a whiff of it on the net but I kept my mouth shut about it until it was official.
Ditto for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble
Being in a position on the cusp of BSG fandom (which was a complete accident I'd like to add) means I've had to keep schtum on a lot of stuff, some of it has been complete felgercarb while other things have turned out to be true.
I just never want to weigh how much you & I heard that was felgercarb, vs. how much was truth! Too afraid it would fill many manure spreaders.

As to Dirk, time will tell, though I suspect he's quite occupied with that European commitment.
__________________
"We feel free when we escape even if it be but from the frying pan to the fire." Mozzie on White Collar

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:38 PM   #22
thomas7g
out there somewhere
 
thomas7g's Avatar
 
COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: The Ship Of Lights
Posts: 5,517


Default

Sigh..... Relax folks.... 2, 3, 4, 10 episodes.... Who's out first... who's out second.... Who is in the know, who is watching on the outside....


It doesn't make a difference.

Really it doesn't.

Que Sera Sera.....Whatever will be, will be...
...the future's not our to see.... que sera sera.


__________________
The Ship of Lights -- A fun place for enjoying all things Battlestar Galactica


"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #23
CommanderTaggart
Warrior
 
CommanderTaggart's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceFounder/President
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 422

Default

What's on second.
__________________
Our time is at hand. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!!! http://www.colonialfanforce.org
CommanderTaggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:43 PM   #24
thomas7g
out there somewhere
 
thomas7g's Avatar
 
COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: The Ship Of Lights
Posts: 5,517


Default

Who's on first?
__________________
The Ship of Lights -- A fun place for enjoying all things Battlestar Galactica


"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:46 PM   #25
Dawg
Great Wise Guru
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 5,007


Default

I don't know.




Third base!
__________________
"...I aim to misbehave." Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity.

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:46 PM   #26
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship
 
jewels's Avatar
 


FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wandering Indiana
Posts: 5,100


Default

I don't know is on third.

the pitcher's name is?
__________________
"We feel free when we escape even if it be but from the frying pan to the fire." Mozzie on White Collar

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:55 PM   #27
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship
 
jewels's Avatar
 


FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wandering Indiana
Posts: 5,100


Default

*answers own question: Pitcher is Tomorrow.*

and now for a trip into classic radio comedy's most loved routine:

Abbott: Well, Costello, I'm going to New York with you. The
Yankee's manager gave me a job as coach for as long as
you're on the team.
Costello: Look, Abbott, if you're the coach, you must know all
the players.
Abbott: I certainly do.
Costello: Well, you know I've never met the guys. So you'll have
to tell me their names, and then I'll know who's playing
on the team.
Abbott: Oh, I'll tell you their names, but, you know, it seems to
me they give these ball players now-a-days very peculiar
names.
Costello: You mean funny names?
Abbott: Strange names, pet names...like Dizzy Dean...
Costello: His brother Daffy
Abbott: Daffy Dean...
Costello: And their French cousin.
Abbott: French?
Costello: Goofe'
Abbott: Goofe' Dean. Well, let's see. We have on the bags,
Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is
on third...
Costello: That's what I want to find out.
Abbott: I say Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's
on third.
Costello: Are you the manager?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: You gonna be the coach too?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: And you don't know the fellows' names.
Abbott: Well, I should.
Costello: Well, then, who's on first?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: I mean the fellow's name.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The guy on first.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The first baseman.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The guy playing...






ABBOT AND COSTELLO: WHO'S ON FIRST? PAGE 2


Abbott: Who is on first!
Costello: I'm asking you who's on first.
Abbott: That's the man's name.
Costello: That's who's name?
Abbott: Yes.
Costello: Well, go ahead and tell me.
Abbott: That's it.
Costello: That's who?
Abbott: Yes.

PAUSE

Costello: Look, you gotta first baseman?
Abbott: Certainly.
Costello: Who's playing first?
Abbott: That's right.
Costello: When you pay off the first baseman every month, who gets
the money?
Abbott: Every dollar of it.
Costello: All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first
base.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The guy that gets...
Abbott: That's it.
Costello: Who gets the money...
Abbott: He does, every dollar of it. Sometimes his wife comes down
and collects it.
Costello: Who's wife?
Abbott: Yes.

PAUSE

Abbott: What's wrong with that?
Costello: Look, all I wanna know is, when you sign up the first
baseman, how does he sign his name?
Abbott: Who.
Costello: The guy.
Abbott: Who.
Costello: How does he sign...
Abbott: That's how he signs it.
Costello: Who?
Abbott: Yes.




ABBOTT AND COSTELLO: WHO'S ON FIRST? PAGE 3


PAUSE

Costello: All I'm trying to find out is what's the guys name on
first base.
Abbott: No. What is on second base.
Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second.
Abbott: Who's on first.
Costello: One base at a time!
Abbott: Well, don't change the players around.
Costello: I'm not changing nobody!
Abbott: Take it easy, buddy.
Costello: I'm only asking you, who's the guy on first base?
Abbott: That's right.
Costello: Ok.
Abbott: All right.

PAUSE

Costello: What's the guy's name on first base?
Abbott: No. What is on second.
Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second.
Abbott: Who's on first.
Costello: I don't know.
Abbott: He's on third. We're not talking about him.
Costello: Now, how did I get on third base?
Abbott: Why, you mentioned his name.
Costello: If I mentioned the third baseman's name, who did I say
is playing third?
Abbott: No. Who's playing first.
Costello: What's on base?
Abbott: What's on second.
Costello: I don't know.
Abbott: He's on third.
Costello: There I go, back on third again!

PAUSE

Costello: Would you just stay on third base and don't go off it.
Abbott: All right. What do you want to know?
Costello: Now, who's playing third base?
Abbott: Why do you insist on putting Who on third base?





ABBOT AND COSTELLO: WHO'S ON FIRST? PAGE 4


Costello: What am I putting on third?
Abbott: No. What is on second.
Costello: You don't want who on second?
Abbott: Who is on first.
Costello: I don't know.
Together: Third base!

PAUSE

Costello: Look, you gotta outfield?
Abbott: Sure.
Costello: The left fielder's name?
Abbott: Why.
Costello: I just thought I'd ask you.
Abbott: Well, I just thought I'd tell ya.
Costello: Then tell me who's playing left field.
Abbott: Who's playing first.
Costello: I'm not...stay out of the infield!!! I want to know
what's the guy's name in left field?
Abbott: No, What is on second.
Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second.
Abbott: Who's on first!
Costello: I don't know.
Together: Third base!

PAUSE

Costello: The left fielder's name?
Abbott: Why.
Costello: Because!
Abbott: Oh, he's center field.

PAUSE

Costello: Look, you gotta pitcher on this team?
Abbott: Sure.
Costello: The pitcher's name?
Abbott: Tomorrow.
Costello: You don't want to tell me today?





ABBOT AND COSTELLO: WHO'S ON FIRST? PAGE 5


Abbott: I'm telling you now.
Costello: Then go ahead.
Abbott: Tomorrow!
Costello: What time?
Abbott: What time what?
Costello: What time tomorrow are you gonna tell me who's pitching?
Abbott: Now listen. Who is not pitching.
Costello: I'll break your arm if you say who's on first!!! I want
to know what's the pitcher's name?
Abbott: What's on second.
Costello: I don't know.
Together: Third base!

PAUSE

Costello: Gotta a catcher?
Abbott: Certainly.
Costello: The catcher's name?
Abbott: Today.
Costello: Today. And tomorrow's pitching.
Abbott: Now you've got it.
Costello: All we got is a couple of days on the team.

PAUSE

Costello: You know I'm a catcher too.
Abbott: So they tell me.
Costello: I get behind the plate to do some fancy catching,
Tomorrow's pitching on my team and a heavy hitter gets
up. Now, the heavy hitter bunts the ball. When he bunts
the ball, me, being a good catcher, I'm gonna throw the
guy out at first. So I pick up the ball and throw it
to who?
Abbott: Now that's the first thing you've said right.
Costello: I don't even know what I'm talking about!

PAUSE






ABBOT AND COSTELLO: WHO'S ON FIRST? PAGE 6

Abbott: That's all you have to do.
Costello: Is to throw the ball to first base?
Abbott: Yes!
Costello: Now who's got it?
Abbott: Naturally.

PAUSE

Costello: Look, if I throw the ball to first base, somebody's
gotta get it. Now, who has it?
Abbott: Naturally.
Costello: Who?
Abbott: Naturally.
Costello: Naturally?
Abbott: Naturally.
Costello: So I pick up the ball, and I throw it to Naturally.
Abbott: No, you don't. You throw the ball to Who.
Costello: Naturally.
Abbott: That's different.
Costello: That's what I said.
Abbott: You're not saying it...
Costello: I throw the ball to Naturally.
Abbott: You throw it to Who.
Costello: Naturally.
Abbott: That's it.
Costello: That's what I said!
Abbott: You ask me.
Costello: I throw the ball to who?
Abbott: Naturally.
Costello: Now you ask me.
Abbott: You throw the ball to Who?
Costello: Naturally.
Abbott: That's it.
Costello: Same as you! Same as YOU!!! I throw the ball to who.
Whoever it is, drops the ball and the guy runs to second.
Who picks up the ball and throws it to What. What throws
it to I Don't Know. I Don't Know throws it back to
Tomorrow, Triple play. Another guy gets up and hits a
long fly ball to Because. Why? I don't know! He's on
third, and I don't give a darn!
Abbott: What?
Costello: I said I don't give a darn!
Abbott: Oh, that's our shortstop.

THE END
__________________
"We feel free when we escape even if it be but from the frying pan to the fire." Mozzie on White Collar

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:56 PM   #28
CommanderTaggart
Warrior
 
CommanderTaggart's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceFounder/President
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 422

Default

Tomorrow. But if you want to listen to it today, go here: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml
__________________
Our time is at hand. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!!! http://www.colonialfanforce.org
CommanderTaggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 01:25 PM   #29
thomas7g
out there somewhere
 
thomas7g's Avatar
 
COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: The Ship Of Lights
Posts: 5,517


Default

Hehehe.... that was a fun chuckle!!!! Thank you guys for that!!
__________________
The Ship of Lights -- A fun place for enjoying all things Battlestar Galactica


"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 03:22 PM   #30
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir
 
Micheleh's Avatar
 
Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Where my heart is.
Posts: 1,038


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenigrules
Darth:
My source says Episode 11 is done & no Richard.
He is still slated to appear in 12 & 13.
So it's a question of which rumor to believe (or not).
KR
P.S. Check out the definition of "several" episodes. It means "more than two."
And "several" was cited in the Sci-Fi Wire article today.
Well, I was posting what Richard told me the production office told him. I don't give credence to people named 'source'.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSG vs. BSG Debate Dawg The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 32 October 7th, 2004 08:16 PM
N.Y. Observer - Richard Hatch interview (Feb. 2004) michaelfaries Chats, Interviews, and Podcasts 69 April 13th, 2004 08:34 PM
BSG Mini Eskimo The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 99 January 18th, 2004 01:14 PM
Richard Hatch interview from Filmfax magazine peter noble The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 0 December 21st, 2003 06:55 AM




So sez our Muffit!!!

For fans of the Classic Battlestar Galactica series



COPYRIGHT
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 AM. Contact the Fleet - Colonial Fleets - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content and Graphics ©2000-Present Colonial Fleets
The Colonial Fleets Forums are run by Battlestar Galactica fans, paid for by Battlestar Galactica fans, for the enjoyment of fellow Battlestar Galactica fans.



©2000-2008 Colonial Fleets