Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old June 9th, 2005, 08:51 AM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default 10 series not yet on dvd

This is a link to an article on the MSN web page about 10 series that aren't on DVD, and probably won't be anytime soon. It will be a miracle of WKRP ever gets re-released, and that's one I really want!
Mary

http://tv.msn.com/tv/NotYetOnDVD
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2005, 08:27 PM   #2
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Music clearances are proving to be the biggest obstacle for some shows, unless you choose the disgraceful solution of replacement music as Universal has done with "Quantum Leap."

This guy though is absolutely off his rocker to call "Columbo" an "unawaited release." "Columbo" is not only the best detective show of the 70s, it's also so far the only series Universal has released in the last year that's gotten its second season out and will soon have its third out on DVD. That means its pretty damn popular if you ask me!

Interesting article but sloppily researched if you ask me (and the reason "Batman" isn't out is because Fox has to make a deal with Warners, who own rights to the character).
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:32 PM   #3
Senmut
Strike Leader

I agree, Eric. Anyone who would dis Columbo like that obviously has the discernment of garden fertilizer. I hear from a correspondant in Belgium that over there, the show is "cult". They love it. So much for critics.

One show I'd like to see on DVD is Perry Mason. Come to think of it, Peter Gunn would be nice too.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 08:58 PM   #4
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

"Peter Gunn" has had several sets of episodes put out on DVD by A+E video.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #5
Senmut
Strike Leader

The complete series? I have two in a potpourri set, but have never seen the whole series advertised.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2005, 04:41 PM   #6
Bijou88

Many of my favorite shows have already been released on DVD. Battlestar Galactica? Check! Buck Rogers? Check! The Original Star Trek? Check! Check! Check! That said, I would love the following shows on DVD:

1. The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
I love this show! It was a top ten show in the 60s and now it is (unfortunately) rarely shown. I would buy this set on the first day it is available. Open Channel D!

2. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
The first season was great; the rest was shlock, but I love every episode.

3. Tales of the Gold Monkey
If you like Indiana Jones adventures, you will love this series.

4. SeaQuest DSV
It was "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" for the 90s!

5. Batman
Adam West rules!

6. The Green Hornet
Bruce Lee Rules! Van Williams is cool too.

7. The Wild, Wild West
James Bond in the Old west. Who could ask for anything more?

8. Space: Above and Beyond
It may be coming out soon. I hope so.

9. Animated Flash Gordon
This was a great show! Very faithful to the source material and well produced.

10. Star Trek The Animated Series
I don't care if Paramount says it isn't canon, it counts!