Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Colonial Library
Notices
Colonial Library Grab a glass of ambrosa and wrap yourself around stories, written by residents of our little corner of the universe!

Old June 21st, 2003, 10:12 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Stargate Roll, Pitch and Yawn

My cousin brought her little baby over this weekend. He's so cute. She laid him on his back on a blanket on the floor and there he lay, kicking his tiny legs in the air. He's at that age where he can almost roll over but not quite. That age where he almost feels he can explore his environment -- but not quite. Then he began those little whimpering cries -- you know, the kind infants make when they're trying to tell you they need input (think Johnny Five, "I need INPUT!"). So we tried wobbling various things over him. Things /we/ like. Things /we/ think he might like. No go. The whimpers turned to crying. Poor helpless thing lying on his back with no control over what is held over him for entertainment.

And like a shot it dawned on me. Things never change. Here I am 47 and I'm still lying on my "back" in front of a TV with no control over what is shown me. They show me things THEY like. Things THEY think I will like. And when I try to tell them what I want, they act like I'm speaking baby gibberish and feign lack of understanding.

I'm not speaking baby talk. I want to see the original, true Battlestar Galactica. I want to see the people and characters that entertained me then and would entertain me now. Not this icky mini with gratuitous sex and very little to tie it to what I fell in love with so long ago.

There's one difference between me and that baby. I can roll over. And all the pitches in the world won't move me.

Except to make me yawn.

Affectionately and respectfully,
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2003, 07:17 AM   #2
The Blue Mule
Warrior

Spot On Muffit!!

Your gears and wheels are well oiled, mine have rusted solid, ages ago!
Good Stuff!

Rich
Old June 22nd, 2003, 03:26 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Blue Mule!

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote