Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 28th, 2003, 10:55 AM   #1
ststeven11

LOL a stupid question

I have been reading some old threads both here and on SciFi, and the term "troll" keeps coming up. I'm not exactly sure what that means. Is it another term for clone? Please help! :confused:
Old March 28th, 2003, 11:39 AM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I was told that trolls are the folks that post not to discuss stuff but to be destructive to good discussion/discussers. They insult, P.O., and pick personal fights with those that come to a board to have good discussions. Clones are people that post with similar handles to those of longstanding posters to try to imply (to those not noting details like added underscores) that the longstanding poster is either a troll, went off the deep end or as a way to lure other posters into reading their posts, which are generally pretty nasty.

Languatron was an infamous (notorious?) troll on the SciFi bbd. Usually his raves were directed only at Universal, but they were nothing great to read.

Did I get it right?

When TPTB were reading the SciFi bbd, especially in Jan-Mar. this year, trolls were a huge problem. If any show up here, they do not last long.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 12:30 PM   #3
ststeven11

Default Thanks, jewels!

Thanks for the info! I couldn't help but notice that's there's been more than a little poo-flinging going on on the scifi bb. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I did a bit of it myself in a reply to a pretty inflamatory post there. Anyway, good to know, and thanks again for the reply!
Old March 28th, 2003, 12:51 PM   #4
cobrastrikelead
Bad Email Address

OK. So there is poop being flung over there. Geesh.
cobrastrikelead is offline   Reply With Quote