Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old June 2nd, 2003, 01:56 PM   #1
jjrakman

Default Olmos Rant?

Wonder if there's anything to this?

http://www.americanpatrol.org/FEATUR...ant010915.html
Old June 2nd, 2003, 04:10 PM   #2
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Oh great a Mexican revolutionary!

This guy had better take another look, California has more Asians than any other group and there numbers are growing faster than any other.

In the SF Bay area the top 10 Richest men are all Asian (Japanese and Chinese), and not one Mexican in sight.

The intelligence level of the cast is just breath taking.

repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2003, 06:20 PM   #3
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Looks like we'll need to consult the 2000 Census data to determine the merit of the comment. I believe they list "projections" of population growth for the various segments in our society.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2003, 06:28 PM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Yes, but I recall a news report some time ago saying the Latino community is the fastest growing of any ethnic group in the US.

I should also point out that I'm the least racist person you're likely to meet - I just don't like gangbangers or people who refuse to learn to speak English when you're trying to live in America.

Ooooh - now there's a can of worms I've opened......

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2003, 07:10 PM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

When I looked at that site I thought it looked like some sort of White supremacist group, probably using a quote out of context to fear-monger. Because I thought that quote wasn't far off some census projection info. Propaganda. *Gak*

No matter how you slice it it is propaganda and one sentence isn't enough to get the full story on what Olmos is thinking (I keep putting an extra vowel in the poor man's name...oops).

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2003, 07:28 PM   #6
jjrakman

Default I agree

I does look like propaganda. But though you guys would like to see it just the same...
Old June 2nd, 2003, 07:46 PM   #7
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
I just don't like gangbangers or people who refuse to learn to speak English when you're trying to live in America.
Not to worry, Dawg. I've always had the belief that if you work and live in a country, you should speak the primary language of that country. I, too, am tired of 57 different translations on a simple 'assembly instructions' sheet or on clothing labels. When in Rome, speak "Roman"!! (or at least Italian)

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2003, 05:50 AM   #8
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Live in a country, speak the language, pretty simple to me
S
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2003, 08:39 AM   #9
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Politically Olmos is barely to right of Castro

Quote:
Originally posted by repcisg
Oh great a Mexican revolutionary!

The intelligence level of the cast is just breath taking.
[
Oh no, a mickey mouse revolutionary, or where is he when Vieques really needs help, right now?

Ok,The Puerto Rican Island of Vieques. Protesters demanded the U.S. Navy abandon bombing and naval gun fire exercises there. It became a leftist cause celebe. Left wing nuts bumped into each other flying down to Puerto Rico and get arrested: Al Sharpton, Robert Kennedy Jr., Edward James Olmos, Mrs. Jesse Jackson, just to name a few. (Albeit Sharpton did lose weight on his one meal and a lite snack per day fast.)

Protesters showed up waving Puerto Rican flags and shouting, "Navy Get Out!"

Ok, they're getting out. In fact, now Navy officials are talking about closing the major support base. That's right; there goes the Roosevelt Roads Naval Air Station, one of Puerto Rico's largest employers, estimated to pump over $300 million dollars into the local economy every year.

Suddenly, the governor says, "Wait a minute! The people of Puerto Rico don't have any interest in the closing of the Roosevelt Roads base. The government of Puerto Rico is interested in that base staying in Puerto Rico for all the Economic benefits."

No doubt Madam Mayor," Admiral Robert Natter, the commander of the Atlantic Fleet, says. "Without Vieques there's no way I need the Navy facilities at Roosevelt Roads. None."

So, Yankee go home? Fine! But we're gonna take our money with us. Sort of like, hasta la vista baby!

Last edited by dvo47p; June 3rd, 2003 at 05:40 PM..
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote