Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old March 30th, 2004, 08:10 AM   #1
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default More Firefly news & Angel fans tidbit too

Thanks to Peter Noble at CA:

Quote:
Source: Dark Horizons

Actress Gina Torres was at the Sci-Fi Slam convention in Pasadena and revealed a mini-scoop. After talking a little about how disappointed she is with the fact that "Angel" is ending, Torres added "l is not lost, because Joss [Whedon] wants to get David [Boreanaz] on "Serenity" I hear". Looks like Angel might be appearing in the "Firefly" movie. She also confirmed Shepard Book (Ron Glass) will definitely be in the movie.
Book will be in!!!!! yea!!!!!!

Peter also reported that the new Magnum movie is only considering Tom Selleck for his Thomas Magnum character. Good news!!!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2004, 03:38 PM   #2
jonahlee
Warrior

Yea I had heard the entire cast is signed for the "Serenity" feature! Woohoo! I so can't wait. Let's just hope this means the series will return somewhere.

I have been watching Deadwood on HBO, and seeing the western makes me long for Firefly. How would an HBO FIREFLY be, where they could not worry about censors? Wow that would rock! And no commerciials. Sure it is a dream, but...

Keep on flying...

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion." -Piter de Vries

http://www.whaleofatale.net
jonahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 11:10 AM   #3
jonahlee
Warrior

The new CINEFEX weekly update has some more news on SERENITY:

Quote:
Serenity: The Hollywood Reporter has announced that Zoic Studios, the team that created the visual effects for Fox Network's short-lived, but impressive, Firefly science fiction series, will be providing effects for a feature film based on the show. Series creator Joss Whedon will direct this Universal release from his own script, with Zoic creative director Loni Peristere serving as visual effects supervisor -- continuing a long partnership with Whedon, established with the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 1997. Serenity takes its name from the spaceship piloted by a group of misfit space travelers on the frontiers of galactic civilization, 500 years in the future. The Internet Movie Database indicates this will be a 2005 release.

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion." -Piter de Vries

Old May 4th, 2004, 12:21 PM   #4
jonahlee
Warrior

Default No chance of a TV show

Dark Horizons has more Firefly news:

Quote:
Nathan Fillion, best known for the lead role in "Firefly" and a guest stint as an evil Preacher at the end of "Buffy". Fillion spoke a bit about the "Firefly" film spin-off "Serenity" which Universal is currently developing:

"When the set was struck, at the end of the show, nothing was kept except one door, so everything had to be built from scratch. The characters of Badger and Saffron will not be in the film, however ALL nine main cast members will appear.

Filming starts early June for ten weeks for a projected release "early next year". The budget, previously listed as $35m, is actually about $50m. The deal they have with Universal precludes another TV show - so a revival ain't gonna happen. The plan is, if the film does well enough, to have a trilogy of films".
I would like to see the TV show come back though. Oh well.

Old May 4th, 2004, 02:57 PM   #5
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

HOT DAGGITY DO!!!! YIPPEY KAYAEEEEY!

This is really good news! One of the great things about Firefly is that you knew the cast really loved their show. It was more than a job. They loved being there. they loved their ship. They got along great!

It was a WONDERFUL show!

Oh for those who haven't seen it, Adam Baldwin, who plays jayne on firefly has a reoccuring bit on ANGEL. It airs tonight on the WB. At least it does in LA. Don't know about the rest of the world. He's plays the very finely dressed emissary from the forces of evil.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 03:05 PM   #6
jonahlee
Warrior

The only twinge of bad news to me is that I was hoping for a return of this wonderful series to Television, as TV is in desperate need of some good SCI-FI, and multilpe features means more wait before more Firefly.