Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 6th, 2003, 05:20 PM   #1

Default Video Games Sales Sheets are up

If you are interested in the screen shots, they are available on the RDM Forum under Announcements. They were kindly donated by Scifiman76 so if you want to see them please check it out.

http://pub27.ezboard.com/bgalactica2003

-Milton
Old March 6th, 2003, 07:12 PM   #2
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Can't see any of them. Thanks anyway.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #3
Erzengel

There's a video game???
Old March 6th, 2003, 10:19 PM   #4

To view images right click on the link and pick 'copy shortcut' then paste that in the address bar. Also, for info sheet 3 remove the ( [/image ) at the end to view that one.

Still do not know if I will buy this game?

Jim:colwar:
Old March 7th, 2003, 12:47 AM   #5
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

The cut scenes may prove to be the most interesting part of the game, followed by the Viper flight sim, then the first-person shooter parts. The story, however, is lackluster, imho - ESPECIALLY the ending. :/

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2003, 12:54 AM   #6
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Exclamation

Here's the images for Colonial Fleets (this site) to display:

Larger versions:

Image #1
Image #2
Image #3
Image #4

Remember when you view these images: The game is a prequel. It was designed as such even before Ronald D. Moore/David Eick's BG remake production was underway. (And rumors of the game being "realigned" to suit Moore/Eick's production are greatly overexaggerated.)

You'll note, too, that the Cylons have Colonial red markings in one of the images. It's another indicator that the Cylons were developed by humankind before turning against their creators, something akin to the remake, by coincidence. (I guess the Cylons are either colorblind or ignorant of the color markings.)

And if you're familiar with BG logo stylings amongst BG fan artists, you may note that the BG logo isn't identical to the original -- it borrows from an established fan artist who may have worked on the game. (Not me.) Some other artists were contacted during the development of this game. It's actually a bit saddening, knowing that even better art/animations could have been produced. C'est la vie. Universal Interactive made their bed and slept in it.

Do note: The Colonial Viper depicted belongs to Cadet/Private/Ensign Adama (or whatever rank they settled on when the game is released). Personally, I love the design. It fits as a precursor to the Starhound Viper we saw in the original BG series.

In my opinion, Richard's BG game effort would have surpassed this, even for mass appeal with a wide audience. I kid you not. Even Sony knew it when they backed him. "Someday," we hope. "Someday."

Btw, BG.com and BP.com are planning to interview some of the game folks close to the release date. (We've been in touch for a few months now. It's a bit of a surprise, though, that more images haven't been distributed yet.)

Michael
:colwar:

Last edited by michaelfaries; March 7th, 2003 at 01:14 AM..
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2003, 01:39 AM   #7
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

I really like those Raider and Viper designs.

I've never been into video games, I think the last one I played was Pong

Regards,

Peter