Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Colonial Library
Notices
Colonial Library Grab a glass of ambrosa and wrap yourself around stories, written by residents of our little corner of the universe!

Old January 8th, 2004, 06:17 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Stargate The Pilfered Brick and BSG

(I hope you will forgive me if I muse a bit. The year’s end always makes me kinda thoughtful. As always, these are only my feelings and I sincerely hope I do not offend, and I truly hope this New Year brings you closer to your dreams).

So languidly, when years are tender, this silent topaz Orb girdles its candle Sun; but as our fragile hourglass runs down, it chases tail as frantic as a pup. Those bygone years when we ache to reach the bathroom mirror consume the most part of our infant mind, and glisten like memory dew on blades of days long past.

I can’t help recall, and wish I could not, one of those days, a Kindergarten crime that haunts me even now. We sat in crisp nice clothes on a checkerboard floor, building castles of wooden blocks where Nimrod’s arrow need fly but little. My shaky tower near complete, I found I lacked a single matching triangle. And in a moment of blind injustice, I pulled one from the little girl’s castle beside me, which tumbled down just like her tears.

And now our beloved BSG, once clad in smooth shimmering sides, like the pyramids is now robbed of its outer skin, borrowed to build less epic spires. The crime is no longer mine, yet it hurts me just as much. The heroic mortar that bound its noble blocks is now the quicklime of desire. And its familiar affectioned silhouette is now a shadow of its former valued self.

Why do we take from others to build our own design, when so many ideas lie unquarried? We label our works with borrowed terms and feign originality. We leave the road, well marked, and hack a different path, in lieu of finishing the avenue of long past fame.

Do you hope, as I, that before our hastened orbits cease, we can see the continued journey of our rag tag fleet, “The Hand of God” become the start and not the end, a starlit sunrise for the fans? We only ask to see again, through younger eyes, the saga left untold, PTB.

As I grow older, a thought in turn grows with me… an hour of fulfillment is worth a year of reverie…

Respectfully to all,
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 06:46 PM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Muffit, here's to our dreams - may they one day be fulfilled!

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 07:04 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi BST! I sure hope so!
Old January 13th, 2004, 07:38 PM   #4
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Good post Muffit. Like Bst said ....... Here's to our dreams.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #5
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Shiningstar! Here's hoping!
Old January 16th, 2004, 05:10 AM   #6
bsg1fan1975
Major

Here, Here! How true! Muffit everytime you post these kind of threads I agree!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2004, 12:17 PM   #7
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Bsg1Fan! Thanks!
Old January 16th, 2004, 02:31 PM   #8
ViperTech

As a teacher, I love your analogy of a Kindergarten crime and the new Mini-Series, Muffit. Nice job.

Since you brought up the subject, I'll put my eternal optomist hat on and give you my take (eerr...dream).

There will be a new BG project, a Movie, with Glen Larson heading it up. Richard and Dirk WILL be involved in some way, along with many, if not all of the originals, even if it's for only a portion of the film in flashbacks, setups or whatever or bridges, much like STAR TREK: Generations only more eleborate with more screen time for the originals than just a couple opening scenes. The project will not happen for a a couple of years. The timing will have to do with no more new STAR WARS movies after 2005 etc. and the quick forgetting of the Mini.

The mini-series will never become a series because the Beaurocratic hacks at the Sci-Fi Channel will actually realize that their bread-n-butter, the original fans, were, by in large, offended and dissapointed in the Mini and thus see no future for it. It will be given "Oh-by-the-way" mentions when promotion for the new Movie kicks into high gear.

Success of the Movie will inspire Larson and his team to make a second BG film a couple years later, also with a similar formula...use the old regulars, at least for several scenes in flashbacks, set-ups and bridges to set up the new plot with next generation characters and some old-school characters.

Just a guess. I'd say that's my .02 worth, but it ain't even worth that!
Old January 16th, 2004, 03:31 PM   #9
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi ViperTech! Thank you for your kind words!

I hope your dream comes true - to me, it would be the most wonderful thing to happen to me in many many years, to see TOS continued with members of the original production.

That's one dream I wouldn't want to wake up from!