Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old April 20th, 2004, 02:02 PM   #1
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Lightbulb Go ape over the ultimate Planet of the Apes DVD

From Sci-Fi Online News:

Go ape over the ultimate Planet of the Apes DVD

One of cinema's greatest and most memorable sci-fi films, Planet of the Apes, will be available as a Special Edition 2-DVD set later this month.

Released on 26 April, this stunningly packaged set features the seminal 'Ape' movie and over three hours of historic never before seen extras.

These include a two-hour documentary, Behind the Planet of the Apes, presented by the star of the movie, Roddy McDowell. It includes previously unseen footage from the film and new interviews with McDowell plus co-stars Charlton Heston, and Kim Hunter.

Also included in this package are three audio commentaries, featurettes showing make-up tests, outtakes, Roddy McDowell's on set Home Movies, a screen test featuring Edward G. Robinson and a 1967 NATO Presentation.

Planet of the Apes stars Hollywood legend Charlton Heston as Taylor, one of three space explorers who crash-land on a bizarre planet in the future. They search the new territory for evidence of life, and discover a rabble of mute human savages, but all too quickly they are captured by a group of apes on horseback.

The film won an Honorary Academy Award for outstanding make-up achievement and was nominated for 2 more (costume design and original score).

This is an unmissable opportunity to relive the classic scenes, memorable quotes, and unforgettable characters from the film.

Disc 1

Audio Commentary by stars Roddy McDowell, Natalie Trundy, Kim Hunter and Make Up artist John Chambers

Audio Commentary by composer Jerry Goldsmith

Audio Commentary by Eric Greene (Author of Planet of the Apes as American Myth)

Disc 2

Behind The Planet of the Apes documentary

Behind The Planet of the Apes promo

Make up test with Edward G. Robinson

Roddy McDowell's on set home movies

Dailies and outtakes

1967 NATO Presentation

Planet of the Apes featurette

A Look Behind Planet of the Apes

Don Taylor directs Escape From The Planet of the Apes

J. Lee Thompsons directs Conquest of The Planet of the Apes

6 x theatrical trailers

Film reviews

Galleries

Easter Egg (Toy Commercial)

Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #2
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
From Sci-Fi Online News:

Go ape over the ultimate Planet of the Apes DVD

Released on 26 April, this stunningly packaged set features the seminal 'Ape' movie and over three hours of historic never before seen extras.
Sci Fi Online news seems to be a little slow these days..... This 2-Disk set has been on the shelves for at least a month - I saw it in Best Buy and a few other stores already and it is also available for order (not pre-order) at a long list of online DVD retail sites.

I suggest looking around for a good price - DeepDiscountDVD.com has it for 19.75 and free shipping as well.

Best regards,
Bryan
________
latin girl Cam
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2004, 03:19 PM   #3
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Region releases vary widely and is the reason I posted this topic for fans outside of the states.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 12:53 PM   #4
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks for the heads-up SciFi! I purchased the complete Evolution set some time ago because I love ALL of the movies in the original series. Only sad thing is none of them are anamorphic (which is very unfortunate if you have a widescreen TV), and most are in mono (sigh).

Am looking forward to a re-release of all the original flicks in true anamorphic widescreen and DD5.1. Let me know if you see it first!!!

Thanks,
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:37 PM   #5
Captain Morgan

Can't wait for this release,I'm interested in the Goldsmith stuff his music really
makes the movie IMO