Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

View Poll Results: How do I like Battlestar Galactica?
The original show was great, the new show is a ripoff 61 38.85%
I loved the old show, but am ambivalent about the new one 14 8.92%
Loved the old, new is enh, but would support both being made 14 8.92%
Liked the old show, and I like the new one too! Lets have both go into production in 2004! 36 22.93%
Old show okay and would support its revival but Love the NEW show! 22 14.01%
Don't care either way about the old show, Just give me more of the new one! 5 3.18%
The old show was flawed, just give me the new show! 5 3.18%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old March 21st, 2004, 10:37 AM   #181
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycom
Hello All & Greetings To All My Sisters & Brothers courtesy this 2nd Millenium of Time ........whereby our Beloved Galatica Cast continue to press on as we do, in the hopes of even better times to come. I had no idea this Forum even existed, and feel an overwhelming relief to learn so many followers are continuing this noble quest. Time off from my busy schedule over this past year is generously given me time to look in on Battlestar Galactica original series sites on the web, and i am not disappointed in the least i must say. Ah Cheers for the Chicago gathering. I only wish i could be there. It is a history making event for those who, as i, are faithful followers & supporters of a Living Legend! Now i've assigned myself to staying in touch via the web, i can never waver again or neglect my deepest feelings i will always have thanks to the enormous generosity of our devoted original cast members, who performed with perfection & left an indelible mark and appreciation for us all. Keep up the good work and efforts. Thanks.
Welcome to the fleets skycom. I'm glad you chose to join us

Old March 21st, 2004, 10:47 AM   #182
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Welcome to Colonial Fleets, Skycom!!!
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:53 PM   #183
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Captain Apollo I've missed your posts I hope you keep posting.

I look forward to reading what you have to say
Old March 24th, 2004, 02:35 AM   #184
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

This is my first session as a full-fledged poster to this board, and my vote is without hesitation for the miniseries as "ripoff" though for me personally, there's more that can be said about it as well that aren't presented as choices.

Since the miniseries aired though, there's been the wave of expended energy and all other emotions associated with the minseries, that I don't anticipate the need to express that negativity any longer in the way I and so many others felt compelled to do when it aired and what we saw was from our standpoint a betrayal of what Galactica has always stood for and ultimately the triumph of those who had run down the original series from the beginning. It's been aired, it's done and the real world is such that we as fans of the original series have to stay focused on promoting the greatness of the original and let those who chose to like the miniseries occupy their own niche.

My opinion of Ron Moore has not altered no matter what kind of donation he makes to the effort to show interest in a TOS feature revival, but barring any new public comments by him, there's little point in rehashing the old wounds there as well.

I would also like to say to those who know me from another board and who are familiar with the unpleasant circumstances of how I came to leave that board, that I have joined this board in the hopes of starting with a clean slate when it comes to Galactica discussion. Things got out of hand at that other place in part because I feel things were structured in a way to invite far too much in the way of OT discussion and threads on things that don't have anything to do with the things that cause us to look for Galactica discussion in the first place. I am impressed by the structure of this board to see so much diversity of topic and structure that's Galactica related that whatever niche there is for OT discussion is so small that I can easily steer clear of it, and I shall. The posts that I make in this place will be entirely about Galactica, and I hope that even those who may not have reason to think highly of me because of what's happened over OT threads in the past will be able to share that sense of a clean slate as well when interacting with me.
Old March 24th, 2004, 07:27 AM   #185
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
This is my first session as a full-fledged poster to this board, and my vote is without hesitation for the miniseries as "ripoff" though for me personally, there's more that can be said about it as well that aren't presented as choices.

Since the miniseries aired though, there's been the wave of expended energy and all other emotions associated with the minseries, that I don't anticipate the need to express that negativity any longer in the way I and so many others felt compelled to do when it aired and what we saw was from our standpoint a betrayal of what Galactica has always stood for and ultimately the triumph of those who had run down the original series from the beginning. It's been aired, it's done and the real world is such that we as fans of the original series have to stay focused on promoting the greatness of the original and let those who chose to like the miniseries occupy their own niche.

My opinion of Ron Moore has not altered no matter what kind of donation he makes to the effort to show interest in a TOS feature revival, but barring any new public comments by him, there's little point in rehashing the old wounds there as well.

I would also like to say to those who know me from another board and who are familiar with the unpleasant circumstances of how I came to leave that board, that I have joined this board in the hopes of starting with a clean slate when it comes to Galactica discussion. Things got out of hand at that other place in part because I feel things were structured in a way to invite far too much in the way of OT discussion and threads on things that don't have anything to do with the things that cause us to look for Galactica discussion in the first place. I am impressed by the structure of this board to see so much diversity of topic and structure that's Galactica related that whatever niche there is for OT discussion is so small that I can easily steer clear of it, and I shall. The posts that I make in this place will be entirely about Galactica, and I hope that even those who may not have reason to think highly of me because of what's happened over OT threads in the past will be able to share that sense of a clean slate as well when interacting with me.
Welcome to the fleets Eric

Glad to have you here
Old March 24th, 2004, 09:39 AM   #186
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Eric! SO glad to see ya here! CF is truly an oasis in the desert. No matter what you're looking for, it's probably here. And the people are just too nice!

Welcome!
Old March 24th, 2004, 12:04 PM   #187
Tibbetts
Warrior

Welcome Eric!

Dragon Lord Tibbetts
Old March 24th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #188
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Hi Eric! SO glad to see ya here! CF is truly an oasis in the desert. No matter what you're looking for, it's probably here. And the people are just too nice!

Welcome!
And thank you for the kind welcome! I am looking forward to having a good time posting here.

In the meantime, while I am aware of the increasing library of fanfic available for reading here and will be giving them a look, I hope the members of CF will find time to check out the 300 plus stories of all kinds available here at Robert Hanczyk's site:

http://www.galacticafanfic.com/bsg-page.html
Old March 24th, 2004, 12:27 PM   #189
bsg1fan1975
Major

welcome all ye new arrivals!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
Old March 25th, 2004, 11:59 AM   #190
betacloth
Bad Email Address

Hi,

I just joined and I am trying to get the hang of this forum. I am kind of new to this forum thing. I did enjoy the BG remake and am glad they are making a series out of it.
Old March 25th, 2004, 04:10 PM   #191
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Welcome to Colonial Fleets BetaCloth!
Old March 25th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #192
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by betacloth
Hi,

I just joined and I am trying to get the hang of this forum. I am kind of new to this forum thing. I did enjoy the BG remake and am glad they are making a series out of it.
welcome to the fleet betacloth ........enjoy you'll get the 'hang of this forum' soon
enough
Old March 25th, 2004, 05:10 PM   #193
betacloth
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the welcome. I hope to "see" you around.

Does anyone know what that thing that is under my name that looks like a cherry?
Old March 25th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #194
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

It's a cherry.

Welcome to the Fleets, betacloth.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Old March 26th, 2004, 09:01 AM   #195
Tibbetts
Warrior

Welcome to Fleets betacloth!

Dragon Lord Tibbetts
Old March 26th, 2004, 11:54 AM   #196
betacloth
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
It's a cherry.

Welcome to the Fleets, betacloth.

I am
Dawg
Yes, a cherry, thanks. But why is it there?
Old March 26th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #197
kitty
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Yes, a cherry, thanks. But why is it there?
Hi,
I was a cherry only a few days ago.
Everyone was very friendly and offered advice.
Dont worry, you will soon lose it.
Old March 26th, 2004, 01:32 PM   #198
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

welcome betacloth: the cherry just means you're new. In a few post's it's gone and you get a title. (and sometime you can customize the title but I don't know when: Like mine is because someone told me there were horses and unicorns on the BSG livery ship, I assume to herd the cattle if they could ever let those graze on a planetary stopover.)

Did anyone tell beta to watch out for the Blue Koolaid? and not to drink anything that the beavers might be offering in the Cafe?

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
Old March 26th, 2004, 01:42 PM   #199
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Yes Beta! Watch out for the beavers!!!

Old March 26th, 2004, 01:45 PM   #200
jewels

Colonial Fleets

*points at Muffit*

chief writer of beaver antics.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

Old March 26th, 2004, 01:49 PM   #201
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

LOL Jewels!!!

My tombstone will probably read:

" I never met a beaver I didn't like"

:mufit:
Old March 27th, 2004, 03:10 AM   #202
Vonstadt
Bad Email Address

TOS hands down ...

Vons
Old March 27th, 2004, 07:00 AM   #203
betacloth
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
*points at Muffit*

chief writer of beaver antics.
Thanks for the Info!! I will definintly look out for beavers. This seems like a nice place, everyone has been very friendly.
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:08 PM   #204
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstadt
TOS hands down ...

Vons
welcome to the fleets Vonstadt
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:08 PM   #205
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Thanks for the Info!! I will definintly look out for beavers. This seems like a nice place, everyone has been very friendly.
Welcome to the fleets Betacloth! I love your nickname
Old April 5th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #206
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Welcome to Colonial Fleets Vonstadt!!

Old April 14th, 2004, 10:46 PM   #207
Ioraptor
Bad Email Address

There are......... (gulp) 'beavers' here? With buck teeth? That can chew through wood?

Old April 15th, 2004, 11:08 AM   #208
doc834
Bad Email Address

The third choice was the best answer, for me. I did love the original, and I liked the nwe one, too. But I don't think they need to make both. It should be one or the other. I just hope its the original.
Old April 15th, 2004, 12:09 PM   #209
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioraptor
There are......... (gulp) 'beavers' here? With buck teeth? That can chew through wood?

Worse than their penchant for wood is their sometimes alliances with the Cylons and their penchant for passing off something yellow in a bucket for yellow koolaid (see threads in the Rejuvenation Center for more info).
Blue Koolaid is OK in moderation, anything Gnawty and Harry offer you is generally to be run from, post haste.

Welcome to the fleets!
Jewels

Old April 15th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #210
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Welcome doc834!

Closed Thread