Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old October 29th, 2003, 01:39 PM   #61
SeoulWind

Well that's great customer service... :/

I've canceled mine as well. I think I'll just wait to get it locally.

Mark
Old October 29th, 2003, 05:57 PM   #62
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Interesting - because I got mine through DVDPlanet and got it before the real release date! I ordered it about the same time as you did, LucianG.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 06:07 PM   #63
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by SeoulWind
Well, I'm not totally against the Cylon head... But I mean, who's idea was it to scalp him like that? Just scaling him down a bit would allow you to get the front of the helmet crest on there, and that would improve the look a very great deal.

Scalped or not, the head won't stop me from buying the set, though ...Wish it wold hurry up and get here!

Mark
Hi SeoulWind!

That's okay if you don't like the head, I don't mind! Bunch of people agree with you. I was just expressing my delight with the set and looking for some good reasons for the head. Hope you get yours soon! You'll love the DVDs!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 07:47 PM   #64
SeoulWind

LucianG: Here's what DVD Planet sent me when I canceled (with my order number, no less).

"Hello. What did the order consist of?
Please contact us if you have any futher questions.
Sincerely,

DVDPlanet Customer Service Department"

I sent the order number and these guys have no idea what I'm talking about... amazing! I gotta find a way to talk Amazon into accepting pre-orders to APO addresses... Their service is always great when I order books and such.

Mark
Old October 30th, 2003, 04:53 AM   #65
LucianG
Warrior

Sounds like the former owners of DVDPlanet really stuck it to the new owners. Not only did they NOT give them all of the pre-orders, they make the new owners' customer service department look like idiots to those who don't know about the management change, and as a result, cause them to loose business! I know I'd be upset about it if was my new business. The funny thing is, my order still shows up on the pre-order list, but the new management cannot access that. When I cancelled, I did get a response from them in writing that they would not be downloading my old pre-order at any point in the future.

P.S. I was originally excited when Dawg reported that he'd already received his copy, thinking that mine would be only a day or two behind his. It was not to be.

"Tilting at the SciFi windmill"
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2003, 06:13 AM   #66
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default DVD's have shipped!!!!

Thank the Lords!!!! Amazon has confirmed shipping the box set as of yesterday and they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow on Halloween!!!!!!

Dang!!!! I"m going to be out all night with my family trick or treating, but you can bet there is going to be some late night BSG at my house Friday night!!! Or perhaps if they arrive early enough, I can get some watching in before we leave for the festivities...

woo hoo!!!!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2003, 10:36 PM   #67
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

That's terrific Charybdis!
Old October 31st, 2003, 07:26 AM   #68
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Confirmed!!!

They are probably delivering the set to my house as I write!!!! I will get home at around 1 pm today so I will have time to open it up and start watching....

25 years in the making, finally, it is here!!!!! Wooo hooo!!!!

Old November 3rd, 2003, 04:28 AM   #69
LucianG
Warrior

According to amazon.com, my set has finally been shipped. Delivery is supposed to be soon.

Old November 3rd, 2003, 04:50 AM   #70
amberstar
Strike Leader

Default Still waiting

I pre ordered mine on July 17, and still haven't gotten them yet. Amazon sent me a notice that they have been shiped and should have arrived October 29-30th. Maybe today will be my lucky day.
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2003, 07:30 AM   #71
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

amber:
I got the same messages: mine came in this morning. I'm watching (listening to really) side 1 of disc 6 1st because it looked scratched.

I like the little booklet that came with it. So far disk is OK.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2003, 11:23 AM   #72
amberstar
Strike Leader

That's great news Jewels!
I just tracked my package at Amazon and my dvd's were shiped Oct 29 from Fernley NV, and now are at Hodgkins Il.
I've learned a good lesson here, next time I order I will pay more for faster shipping!
Oh well, maybe by this weekend I'll be enjoying them!
Amber
Old November 4th, 2003, 07:23 AM   #73
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Helps...

I guess it helps to live relatively near a shipping center. The one Amazon uses for me is in Kentucky which is only a state away, so I usually get any merch within 2 days. Even that wait was excruciating!!!!

You will LOVE the DVD set!!! I still get it off the shelf every day and just look at all the contents. I am going through all the special stuff included first like the documentary, etc.

I will then start going through the episodes and deleted scenes...

Old November 4th, 2003, 12:49 PM   #74
amberstar
Strike Leader

Wink Finally!

Ups has just delivered my DVDS!!!!!!! I'm so excited.
Muffit I love the box! The cylon is an attention getter!
Amber
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2003, 04:19 PM   #75
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

That's great Amberstar! I love my set too!
Old November 10th, 2003, 09:46 AM   #76
LucianG
Warrior

Finally! My set arrived Friday, and I was able to dig it out and watch Saga of a Star World last night. My initial thoughts:

The packaging was very nice, but I'm not sure about the long term durability of the folding "box." With the difficulty I had removing the first one, I'm worried about the difficulty in getting the DVD's off their spindles (or whatever you call those things). Fortunately, thanks to discussions here, I knew to be very careful.

The picture, for the most part was as good as could be expected. I was able to zoom and see some details that have been discussed here. Being able to view the deleted scenes was good, too.

The best part:

It was Battlestar Galactica!!!

Can't wait to see Lost Planet of the Gods.

Old November 10th, 2003, 10:15 AM   #77
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Glad you got yours Lucian! This is indeed a nice time for the DVD format to exist - and the best use of it!

Old November 10th, 2003, 10:59 AM   #78
Artemis
Warrior

I have to send mine back.
I hadn't removed all the disks when I got it and when I took out the 3rd disk and turned it over there was a crack through half the disk, you could only see it from one side. I tried to play it and it wouldn't even recognize it as a DVD. I had trouble getting it out but I was careful and I know there is no way I could have done that to it, I have tried to break CD's before and it isn't easy. At least Amazon is taking it back and sending a new one at no cost.
Old November 10th, 2003, 12:37 PM   #79
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Did anyone notice this:
In Fire in Space, Sheba launches into the 1st battle (the Cylon ramming attack) with a Pegasus helmet. During the battle her closeups show her in a Galactica helmet inside her viper. Oops.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]

Last edited by jewels; November 11th, 2003 at 07:18 PM..
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 12:40 PM   #80
amberstar
Strike Leader

I'm glad that Amazon is replacing the disk for you Artemis.
So far so good for me. I have watched the first three disks and havent run into any problems. Disk one was a little fuzzy at first but then again I was watching it on my son's PS2 system, not the dvd player. That may have had something to do with it.
I love the extras, and can't wait until I have time to watch the other 3 disks.
Old November 10th, 2003, 07:32 PM   #81
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by jewels
Did anyone notice this:
In Fire in Space, Sheba launches into the 1st battle (the Cylon ramming attack) with a Pegasus helmet. During the battle her closeups show her in a Galactica helmet inside her viper. Oops.
Good one Jewels! This would be perfect added to this thread:
http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...&threadid=4792

Of course, it dropped off the main page so...
Old November 11th, 2003, 06:49 AM   #82
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

Quote:
Originally posted by LucianG
With the difficulty I had removing the first one, I'm worried about the difficulty in getting the DVD's off their spindles (or whatever you call those things). Fortunately, thanks to discussions here, I knew to be very careful.
Is there anyone here who has not had difficulty removing the discs from the box? My ST:TNG DVD's are packaged the same way, but those discs pop right out pain free out of the boxes. Out of frustration, I now have my BSG DVD's stored in CD plastic containers!
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 06:54 PM   #83
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Mine seem to come out okay. I just have to use a little care but I have other DVDs which are the same way so I don't mind. Guess I got a lucky batch.
Old November 11th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #84
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Nope. Hubby says it will be awhile.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2003, 12:34 PM   #85
Artemis
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbuck
Is there anyone here who has not had difficulty removing the discs from the box? My ST:TNG DVD's are packaged the same way, but those discs pop right out pain free out of the boxes. Out of frustration, I now have my BSG DVD's stored in CD plastic containers!
They are very difficult, although I didn't have trouble with the 2 single sided ones, 4 and 5. I just got my replacement set and this time I visually checked all the disks right away. I found I could get the disks out easier if I rotated them slightly while pushing on the center release tab. You do need finger nails to be able to do this but the disks didn't bend at all. I also put them back in by pushing the release tab and they didn't seem to get set in to the point of being difficult to pull out but are secure. Now I just have to hope they all play right, the second disk had some scratched and smudges before I touched it.
Old November 12th, 2003, 07:54 PM   #86
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Watching "Saga" with Richard, Dirk & Herb

I just finished watching "Saga" with the commentary that was done with Richard Hatch, Dirk Benedict & Herbert Jefferson Jr. I have to say that it was a lot of fun hearing those 3 guys watching it for what was probably the first in a long time for them. Hearing them reminisce about "the old days" doing the show and what went on in their lives while it was going on, made for some really great moments.

They had so many great comments about their fellow actors (Jane, Maren, Laurette, Sarah, Lorne, John & Terry) that you couldn't help but focus on what they were talking about. The comments about the direction, camera work, SFX shots, costuming were very informative and fun at the same time.

I could go on and on about this extra, but I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't used this feature on the 1st disk yet.... If you haven't yet - take the time and watch "Saga" again with three of the best guys you could sit down and watch it with...

Best to all,
Bryan
________
Recall paxil
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2003, 10:54 PM   #87
silverstate69

I just received my set today ...

It was delayed at the customs and then the postal service for more than a week and it got taxed too ...

Loved the packaging but I faced the same difficulty with Starbuck when I tried to remove the discs and have placed them in plastic covers as well for safety.

Just spent about two hours watching the documentaries and interviews. Can't wait to start watching later today and luckily have two days of holidays in Malaysia later next week because of the end of ramadan.

Just want to thank everyone in this thread for helping me make up my mind and order it ... now just have to wait for the PS2 game and the 25th anniversary CD.

Take care all and have a good weekend. Don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight
Old November 21st, 2003, 11:39 PM   #88
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Cool silverstate! So glad you got your DVDs! Enjoy!!!
Old November 22nd, 2003, 04:58 AM   #89
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

I'm having problems with disc 4 and 1. they keep freezing in the same spot.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 10:21 PM   #90
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I got mine today, and everytime I think about it I feel like squealing. That box is just the coolest bit of packaging I think I have ever seen.
I only had a couple hours, so I watched most of the deleted scenes, very interesting indeed...
I had no dificulty removing the disks, most of my DVDs are in packaging like this, so I've had a bit of practice at it (note: if it gives you a struggle, stop and go at it from a different angle, and of course make sure you're pressing on the centre 'spindle').

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote