Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 18th, 2002, 07:01 AM   #1
Apothis
On Vacation...

Default Why I standup for Havoc

Havoc, in my opinion, has the right to voice his opinions on Battlestar Galactica. His view may not be the popular view but that does not make it wrong. This is after all a bulletin board and a bulletin board is setup for people to voice their opinions. I have been on this board only since November but I have been a Battlestar Galactica fan since it first aired. I never really participated in bulletin boards since they were not much interest to me. However, I would check out the various Battlestar sites from kobol.com (which I started visiting since 1994) to of course the battlestargalactica.com site from time to time to see if anything was going on with Battlestar Galactica. Reading people's opinions on this show is great. One of my core beliefs, which are why I defend Havoc and even Languatron, is that everyone has the right to free speech and their own personal beliefs as long as they do not make personal attacks on an individual. It is okay, in my opinion for Havoc to say that he supports the new show. I too will watch the new show but will I not send snail mail in support of it. I have done the snail mail campaigns and I have been a silent spectator just reading what is going on with Battlestar Galactica. I think Warrior and Havoc have strong opinions and if Warrior were the minority, I would jump to his defense if the Havoc opinion were the majority. I have always been one to defend a minority even if I disagreed with them. The rights of the minority should be protected IMHO. The only thing I wonder is why is it wrong to have two different opinions about the same show on a bulletin board?
Apothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2002, 08:42 AM   #2
vmnjn
Bad Email Address

Default Why I stand up for Havoc?

I have also stated that havoc315 is not an evil corrupt genius bent on forum domination. However, as havoc315 has admitted, he has problems "giving up." When this goes beyond redundant, that is when frustration begins. Its not that he is disagreeing, it is that he continues to disagree, repeatedly, non-stop, without pause, eternally, and beyond the point that the question has expired.

That style of "disputing" while maybe a part of his profession often rubs people the wrong way. Oh the dreams I had of doing terrible things to my first wife's divorce lawyer. It feels like the answer to the question won't matter because another question, or just a reworded version of the first, is waiting in the wings.

Still I wish him the best of luck in avoiding sickness on both the cruise ship and in mexico.
vmnjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2002, 09:48 AM   #3
N Aviator 71

True, he certainly has his right to an opinion.

There is still one thing I'm wondering - what or who did he represent? Without trying to sound offensive, I am reminded of one of those clandestine informant guys on the X-Files in a trench coat. Hopefully it will all turn out to be just a bad case of cellular...

NA
Old December 18th, 2002, 09:58 AM   #4
Artemis
Warrior

Just remember it takes at least two to have a disagreement. There have been plenty of other views stated ad-nauseam. Sometimes the point of a discussion isn't to get or give quick answers but to get people to look at the questions in a different way.
:colwar:
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote