Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 17th, 2002, 11:52 AM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default "The final annihalation of the lifeform known as fan."

Hi all,

I was hoping to have a rest from being on the net all the time in search of news (mostly bad) about my favourite show (my headaches have returned) but what Moore is doing might be called Battlestar Galactica but bares little resemblence to it and I don't want to spend seven years grinning and bareing it if this thing takes off (shudder).

Imagine being in a room and someone saying:"I hear you're a fan of Battlestar Galactica. Kara Thrace sure is hot isn't she?"

So what'll happen to us, the fans of the true BSG if Moore's version comes to pass? Over the last few days I've being trying to hunt up BSG sites and it's been depressing to see how many are no longer around. If we lose this, the final battle, I hope we can all stay together and continue the Battlestar Galactica story in our own way.

So just for the record and for any newbies reading this, I'm for a continuation of the original story and themes, with multiple members of the original cast along with new members, that's a quality production and isn't just a rehash of old episodes of the show and is squarely aimed at the family as a whole.

Regards to my friends and fellow fans,

Peter

Last edited by peter noble; December 17th, 2002 at 12:16 PM..
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 02:54 PM   #2
vmnjn
Bad Email Address

Default I wish you the best...

I however doubt we would survive well if BG:Redo is successful.

While I will always love the original BG and even the last episode of G80. I find the thought of an Akiraprise being done to BG very disturbing.

While apparently Lorne Green was a fan and that is why he acted in G80. I doubt he would have reprised a similar role or partook in what it is starting to sound like this new version will be.

My greatest hope however is the "miracle" of the internet. While fan sites have diminished most of those that remain are strong. Wonderful artwork, stories, and tech-manuals can still be found. I still spend to much time, every few months, looking at every image and even rereading the better fanfictions.

BG will remain alive simply because the internet allows even a small fan base to communicate around the world. BG will never lose its magic for me.
vmnjn is offline   Reply With Quote