Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 15th, 2002, 04:05 PM   #1
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Default Could Ron's Galactica be like G VS E ?

As if I needed any more reasons to be unhappy with Moore and his ideas for doing the new Galactica.

I have found yet another and mind you, if you are one of the few that still support Moore, and you liked the show Good VS Evil, this may be a good thing for you. However after hearing that the new Galactica will be getting hand held (shaky) cameras, I thought of Good VS Evil because of it’s over the top camera shaking scenes that caused me to turn the TV channel. I knew he had something to do with that show but I wasn’t quite sure, so I looked it up and sure enough, he did. Moore was the executive consultant of Good vs. Evil and he wrote (as far as I know) 2 episodes.

For the record, I think it’s great that G VS E had and still has it’s fans and I would never tell anyone that they can’t like what they like but speaking for my self, I hated G VS E and Moore talking about hand held cameras and such, sounds a lot like G VS E and how it was filmed.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue234/interview.html

http://www.episodelist.com/shows/vie...pisode_id=4217

owd

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2002, 04:44 PM   #2
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

I first thought G vs E may mean Galactica vs Enterprise. Moore is no longer part of Star Trek, so he grabbed the next speceship he could jump on to make his own trek across the stars.

And as much as Enterprise throws in the blatant and rediculous titilation, Moore will be doing it more. Moore said the casting sheet was something typed by a secretary, or someone along those lines. Where, I ask, would a secratary get the information to put in the casting descriptions? He/she couldn't just make it up out of the blue could they? No, most likely the information was gathered from Ron Moore's script itself.

If the description describes Starbuck as being comforatable running the decks in her sports bra and running shorts, you can bet it is in the script somewhere. And the Sex, sorry, Six of Twelve, if she is described that way in the casting sheet you know it's based on information within the script.

I guess we'll know better when Michael shares the infromation in his review.

Moore may claim that this is not 90210 in space, but from the casting sheet alone this is definately headed in that direction. Or, to Moore's defense, since the people seem in their 20's to 30's it may be more appropriate to call it "Melrose Place" in space. Maybe if (God forbid) it goes to series they can bring in Heather Locklear if the ratings begin to slip to spice it up.

I hope someone in charge wises up and makes the move to give Galactica a real chance at success and brings DeSanto back to the helm. (just my opinion)
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2002, 05:29 PM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

"Battlestar Galactica Melrose Place 90210 Days of our Lives Cleopatra 2525 Andromeda Enterprise" seems to be the direction and title of the Ron Moore produced, written and if he gets his way directed BG pilot?

Old KJ has a plan of his own to get new news or things here! Should it come to pass, to add pretty soon. Only if certain things go my way. Later. (i'll talk later if things plan out right!!!)

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2002, 05:36 PM   #4
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Actually the hand held camera, the break from mtv fast editing, the silence in space, the real physics and such all look to be stuff he's lifting from the doomed Firefly show. Firefly showed how dramatic silence in space could be.

Ironically Firefly is cancelled and airs its last episode this friday. Oddly enough it ends with the quality two hour pilot that Fox threw away. (Fox in its odd wisdom instead forced the show to create a western gunslinger episode. Which is what turned everyone off to Firefly.)

So Firefly gets to end how it should have begun.
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2002, 06:08 PM   #5
KJ
Strike Leader

Wow do you know how many pilots get more than two versions! Plenty of pilots lost or not turn up alot these days. Lets hope Moore's Galactica gets shelved and either DeSanto or some other producer/director with respect for the source material comes along and gives everyone the Galactica they have been waiting 25 years for.

Decades from now someone finds Moore's BG plays it, after watching gets sick and burns the negatives rather than copy it for others to see? yeah that i could live with.

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2002, 07:11 PM   #6
joebeaudoin

Quote:
Originally posted by thomas7g
Ironically Firefly is cancelled and airs its last episode this friday. Oddly enough it ends with the quality two hour pilot that Fox threw away. (Fox in its odd wisdom instead forced the show to create a western gunslinger episode. Which is what turned everyone off to Firefly.)

So Firefly gets to end how it should have begun.
Crusade, the Babylon 5 spin-off, had a similar situation: JMS created the one-hour pilot, then TNT asked him to write one that featured action from the get-go.

As for Firefly: They cared too much for the name behind it; not what it was about.
Old December 15th, 2002, 07:19 PM   #7
joebeaudoin

Default Re: Could Ron's Galactica be like G VS E ?

Quote:
Originally posted by oldwardaggit
I have found yet another and mind you, if you are one of the few that still support Moore, and you liked the show Good VS Evil, this may be a good thing for you. However after hearing that the new Galactica will be getting hand held (shaky) cameras, I thought of Good VS Evil because of it’s over the top camera shaking scenes that caused me to turn the TV channel. I knew he had something to do with that show but I wasn’t quite sure, so I looked it up and sure enough, he did. Moore was the executive consultant of Good vs. Evil and he wrote (as far as I know) 2 episodes.
Actually, Good VS Evil had many changes after it was moved to SCIFI. One of them was an addition of a female character. In addition, the two main players had changes done to them as well.

Oh, and its name was changed from G VS E and they did a whole new beginning narration for the show, if memory serves me rightly. SCIFI thought people couldn't get the name. How thoughtful of 'em.

It was originally an USA Network show that seemed promising. Moore came into the picture AFTER its move to SCIFI. That's when the show sucked.

However, I believe that his involvement with G VS E got him noticed by Bonnie Soundbyte and the Universal cadre. That and his work on that teen-angst aliens-from-outer-space farce Roswell.

Oh, and my liking G VS E doesn't make me like this production one bit...
Old December 15th, 2002, 09:43 PM   #8
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

T h o m a s 7 g, even though I didn't care much for fire fly, it would be worth it to prove a point that the shirts shouldn't interfere with the creators work, like Josh Whedon. Then go and campaign on the net for all to watch just because of that.

People are so sick of the interference by the studios and such that I think this kind of campaign would work. If I had the time, I would do it my self. If a lot More people tuned into Josh's first 2 hour opening, boy would that ever burn their buts.

OWD
Old December 15th, 2002, 09:46 PM   #9
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

joebeaudoin, that's cool and thanks for the info.

owd