Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old February 29th, 2004, 05:09 PM   #1
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default NEW Galactica book series

SF&F Series: Galactic Star Force, Battle Fleet by Clayton L. McNally

http://www.galacticstarforce.com

Three hundred years after the destruction of Earth, humans are preparing to fight an alien enemy, the BrakNar. This war rages for nearly 50 years, and the human Galactic Star Force must immediately prepare to face a more brutal enemy, the Krang.

Losing to the Krang means an absolute end to human life, as the Krang use all of their victims as a food source. Two cadets, not even out of the academy, who have seen endless battles discover and become the Captains of two of the most powerful ships in the universe. Jack L. Allan and Samantha Stone, captains of the Super Dreadnaught Freedom and Super Carrier Heritage, work to make peace in the universe. Their lives are intertwined in love, but kept apart by duty.

This fast paced and gripping science fiction novel is packed with epic battle scenes, hand-to-hand combat sequences using Kenpo Karate and futuristic weapons systems that boggle the imagination. The author’s retrospective examination of mankind’s clashes, his thought-provoking concepts for the human race’s future and his ingenious writing ability combine to win the praises of science fiction fans.

[dvo47p: NOTICE YEARS NOT YARENS?]
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #2
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

It looks good. It seems ot be about a "Galactic Star Force", though, not Galactica.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 08:24 PM   #3
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleh
It looks good. It seems ot be about a "Galactic Star Force", though, not Galactica.

Michelle -

Thanks for pointing that out - after I read the originating post, I kept thinking "What does this have to do with Galactica?" It sounds like just another Sci Fi book series to me....

Bryan
________
CAT WHEEL
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 08:53 AM   #4
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleh
"The Past - Earth was consumed in a nuclear and biological War forcing survivors to flee. Colony ships fell into a wormhole landing them in the Pegasus System."

Notice "the Pegasus System" reference, Universal Studios & Glen A. Larson will be getting a cut of the gross.
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:05 AM   #5
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvo47p
Colony ships fell into a wormhole landing them in the Pegasus System."

Notice "the Pegasus System" reference, Universal Studios & Glen A. Larson will be getting a cut of the gross.
DVO -

I don't follow your logic here - They don't own the rights to the name "Pegasus" . It has been around in mythology for millenia since it was the name of a mythical winged horse. There is a constellation named after that same horse and it was used I don't even know how many times before BSG used it. If it was coupled with the word "Battlestar", I could see your point, but there's no reason to believe that Universal or Mr. Larson would get any money from this series of books as far as I can see.

Best,
Bryan
________
Alaska medical marijuana dispensaries
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:19 AM   #6
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Quote:
"The Past - Earth was consumed in a nuclear and biological War forcing survivors to flee. Colony ships fell into a wormhole landing them in the Pegasus System."

Are you sure, Dvo? "Pegasus" is a name out of mythology and nobody owns it - just "Battlestar Pegasus" would be Larson's.

I've looked at the website and it doesn't appear to me to be BSG related, either, so I've moved the thread to this forum. If you have something more that links it to BSG, though, Dvo, let me know and I'll move it back.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:34 PM   #7
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
SF&F Series: Galactic Star Force, Battle Fleet by Clayton L. McNally

http://www.galacticstarforce.com

Three hundred years after the destruction of Earth, humans are preparing to fight an alien enemy, the BrakNar. This war rages for nearly 50 years, and the human Galactic Star Force must immediately prepare to face a more brutal enemy, the Krang.

Losing to the Krang means an absolute end to human life, as the Krang use all of their victims as a food source. Two cadets, not even out of the academy, who have seen endless battles discover and become the Captains of two of the most powerful ships in the universe. Jack L. Allan and Samantha Stone, captains of the Super Dreadnaught Freedom and Super Carrier Heritage, work to make peace in the universe. Their lives are intertwined in love, but kept apart by duty.

This fast paced and gripping science fiction novel is packed with epic battle scenes, hand-to-hand combat sequences using Kenpo Karate and futuristic weapons systems that boggle the imagination. The author’s retrospective examination of mankind’s clashes, his thought-provoking concepts for the human race’s future and his ingenious writing ability combine to win the praises of science fiction fans.

[dvo47p: NOTICE YEARS NOT YARENS?]
Thanks for posting the link DVO!
THe book looks like it will be pretty good.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:51 PM   #8
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
Thanks for posting the link DVO!
The book looks like it will be pretty good.
My Dear shiningstar,

This seems to be an apparently semi blatant rip-off of Battlestar Galactica, notice the subtle nuances that differentiate this book from our ‘epic’ show? The author uses common themes, albeit it is not Galactica. I doubt the damned thing is worth one tree. Terribly sorry as I should have delved into this book before posting.

dvo47p
Old March 2nd, 2004, 05:50 PM   #9
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:

My Dear shiningstar,

This seems to be an apparently semi blatant rip-off of Battlestar Galactica, notice the subtle nuances that differentiate this book from our ‘epic’ show? The author uses common themes, albeit it is not Galactica. I doubt the damned thing is worth one tree. Terribly sorry as I should have delved into this book before posting.

dvo47p
BUMBER

What a DOWNER
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote