Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 26th, 2003, 12:50 PM   #31
Afan2
Bad Email Address

Dear Eusmillious,

Quote:
You are the first response to my posting. What did you think of my findings.
To be quite honest, I found your post a bit confusing. Would you mind rephrasing your ideas a bit?

Quote:
What was your job? You said you had responsibility to the material and its source.
LOL! You must be talking about this:

Quote:
"I had a responsibility to the material and the source of the material. And I think the fans would have been more disappointed if we had made a series that contradicted the world that [had been] created and was so wonderful."

-Ron D. Moore
…which is my signature. It’s a quote from Ron Moore. He said those words when he refused to write for the Dragonriders of Pern series, because he felt that what the Sci-Fi Channel wanted to do with it would not be faithful to the source material.
Alas, he didn’t uphold the same principle with regard to Battlestar Galactica
Afan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2003, 10:57 PM   #32
Eusmillious

Default I wanted to apologize

To Mr. Moore,
I wanted to say I was sorry for the confusing posts. I as I said earlier am just learning to post. I would be open to any advice you could give. I want to get into these discussions, without confusing anyone. I love to talk BSG. Again I appologize for the confusion.

Eusmillious
Old February 27th, 2003, 09:39 AM   #33
Afan2
Bad Email Address

Don't apologize, explain!

P. S. Who is Mr. Moore?
Old February 27th, 2003, 09:49 AM   #34
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Anyone? Who *is* this Mr. Moore, anyway?
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2003, 06:46 AM   #35
Afan2
Bad Email Address

I was completely convinced that there were only 5 battlestars shown in the 'Battlestar Galactica' pilot, but I recently came across a picture in here. (Select "Medium, multiple battlestars with stars on the background (size 800x600, 389 kb)".)
If it's genuine, it looks like there could have been more battlestars present!

Last edited by Afan2; March 3rd, 2003 at 06:51 AM..
Old March 3rd, 2003, 07:07 AM   #36
Apothis
On Vacation...

Default Afan2

Colla and Larson disagreed about the number of Battlestars. Larson wanted only 5 and Colla wanted to show a massive fleet. Since Larson was the boss, Colla footage was cut down siginficantly. It was too expensive to reshoot these scenes so Larson was stuck with it. Colla in retaliation put the word "****" on the Battle of Caprica scene in lights.
Apothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2003, 08:29 AM   #37
Afan2
Bad Email Address

I just wish I knew whether these pictures are real, or they were doctored with.
Some of the other pictures from that website seem to have been edited.
Old March 3rd, 2003, 12:20 PM   #38
KJ
Strike Leader

So dispite the stock footage used in the series, there was more larson never allowed due to it being of Colla's version of the pilot? "FRAK Felgercarb and Hades Hole" (heh heh) wish all this would be revealed if they do the DVD's some justice! Only then would all this be resolved? if only.

Other than the Battlestars at Cimtar, what did Colla have planned for the destruction of the 12 colonies? According to Stu Phillips there was more destruction along with more suffering of the colonists on the "Rag Tag" ships of the fleet during the exodus!

So rather than Larson's destroy just Caprica in both the Tv and movie versions we were originally going to see more planets of the 12 colonies destroyed during the Cylon attack as well as a huge Battlestar fleet. Boy Richard A. Colla really did have an epic view of the Battlestar Galactica Universe huh. According to the novels the ships that escaped with the Galactica number in the thousands not 220 ships in the series, but 22.000 thousand ships i believe.

For the record the Battlestars at Cimtar as follows

- Battlestar Atlantia

- Battlestar Galactica

- Battlestar Acropolis (mentioned)

- Battlestar Triton (mentioned)

- Battlestar Pacifica (mentioned)

Others mentioned during the series are, The Battlestars Rykon and Columbia

Richard Colla's other Battlestars could be the ones brought up in various novels which the names of them have floated around from the production offices at the time.

Cerberus, Prometheus, Olympia, Solaria and Bellerophon!

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #39
Colonel Archon
Shuttle Pilot

Battlestar Galactica 1978 Disputing "Larson never had any love for the show"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothis View Post
When given the opportunity to resurrect it following his success with Buck Rogers, he catered to what the network wanted and that became Galactica 1980. If Larson loved the show, he would never had allowed such a compromise to take place especially when he had clout back then.
Glen Larson has NEVER had such power as Apothis claims he once possessed. He was instead, and still remains, very much like a general who is trying gamely but vainly to fight a total war using severely limited resources because the civilian government secretly wants him to lose totally, permanently, and in a manner that will shame him, and always has and will.
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #40
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Default Re: Question about the Battle of Cimtar

My good Colonel - you are aware, aren't you, that this thread is 10 years dead?

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #41
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: Question about the Battle of Cimtar

Regardless of the total number of Battlestars in service, carriers do not, or are not designed to, operate in isolation. Each has it's support ships, it's battle group, and functions as a total unity. Many of there ships would have remained behind, when the President went to Cimtar. As to the Cylons, they had a vast empire to control. In no engagement could they muster a majority of them, without leaving themselves vulnerable elsewhere.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote