Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REEL-WORLD CONNECTION > Conventions
Notices
Conventions Non BG Conventions included too!

Old May 11th, 2005, 10:29 AM   #31
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

Julix, you must come with us and attend! It will be glorious. Oh and yes we had a great time there last year.
Galactica the Movie is coming soon!
Kronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2005, 11:31 AM   #32
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingongeneral
Julix, you must come with us and attend! It will be glorious. Oh and yes we had a great time there last year.

Thank you sooo much for the invite.....how sweet I am goning to be busy though..........besides the two vactions I have planned with my family already..........I am trying to put together a Battlestar Galactica con within Starfest for next year............Perhaps you would like to plan a trip to Denver....April 2006
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #33
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

That may be possible...April 2006...perfect amount of time to plan for. Keep me informed on this and I will post it on my website to help advertise for you.
Old May 11th, 2005, 12:12 PM   #34
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
That may be possible...April 2006...perfect amount of time to plan for. Keep me informed on this and I will post it on my website to help advertise for you.

What website do you have????
Old May 11th, 2005, 12:48 PM   #35
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

I have a personal and one for my ship.

www.klingongeneral.com

www.klingongeneral.com/IKVSuvwlpo/
Old May 11th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #36
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
I have a personal and one for my ship.

www.klingongeneral.com

www.klingongeneral.com/IKVSuvwlpo/

Very cool indeed...............
Old May 14th, 2005, 08:50 AM   #37
hihoag2
Shuttle Pilot

Default RICHARD HATCH at con in 2006

will Richard Hatch be at this BSG con it would be a shame to have one with out him especially when he will bring his trailer of THE SECOND COMING...

Plus his new venture of THE GREAT WAR OF MAGELLAN
hihoag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2005, 01:28 PM   #38
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihoag2
will Richard Hatch be at this BSG con it would be a shame to have one with out him especially when he will bring his trailer of THE SECOND COMING...

Plus his new venture of THE GREAT WAR OF MAGELLAN

Hi
hihoag........
I am hoping for him especially since he has been on both galacticas
I saw "the second comming trailer" two yeears ago and loved it
Old June 28th, 2005, 06:00 PM   #39
julix
Bad Email Address

I have a meeting Friday morning with the con director...............I will keep you all informed
Old July 4th, 2005, 08:56 AM   #40
CaptCStark
Bad Email Address

I've attended about 90% of the Starfest/Starcon conventions put on by Starland since 1992. They are worth the drive from Utah to visit and I've made lots of friends who have traveled from all over the intermountain west to this con.

KathE at Starland has also provided a few pointers for conrunners as a group of fans in Utah are attempting to put together Mountain-Con 1. She can help, plus I'd be wiling to swap ideas since I'm new at the convention chair business. Feel free to email me at Chair@MountainCon.org

Richard Hatch was very interested in coming to Mountian-Con 1 until a filming date got in the way. Richard asked to be considered for Mountain-Con 2. He would be at the top of the list but we need to make sure that Mountain-Con 1 will survive and help fund our second convention. The problem with being a fan-run non-profit convention is a serious lack of money. Selling tickets would help with that issue.

Mountain-Con 1 is Saturday, September 24, 2005 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Details can be found at http://www.MountainCon.org

Looking forward to Starfest 2006. There is always a large group of us from Utah that make the trip over.

Thanks for your hard work on this.

CaptCStark
http://Captain.USSTiconderoga.org
CaptCStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #41
julix
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the offer and it is great to hear your news.........I will be emailing you soon!!!! KathE is very nice indeed! I wish you much sucess on your endevor and would attend but the family and I will be on a special vacation right then! Good Luck and I will be talking to you soon!

Thanks
Old July 16th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #42
bdillon

I'm really excited about this whole thing. I've driven to Denver every year for the past five years for the Starland conventions and have always had a great time. I always thought however that BG was brushed aside in favor of more Star Trek and Stargate guests and events. I'ts nice to see that Galactica will finally have it's place at the convention.

This may be a good reason for me to finally get around to scratchbuilding the large Galactica replica I have been thinking about doing to display in the model show they have there each year.

To everyone involved in getting the whole thing going keep up the hard work and thank you for your efforts.

Brad.
Old July 17th, 2005, 05:08 AM   #43
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdillon
I'm really excited about this whole thing. I've driven to Denver every year for the past five years for the Starland conventions and have always had a great time. I always thought however that BG was brushed aside in favor of more Star Trek and Stargate guests and events. I'ts nice to see that Galactica will finally have it's place at the convention.

This may be a good reason for me to finally get around to scratchbuilding the large Galactica replica I have been thinking about doing to display in the model show they have there each year.

To everyone involved in getting the whole thing going keep up the hard work and thank you for your efforts.

Brad.
Hey Brad.......
Thanks for the post and welcome to fleets! By all means build the replica!!! That is so very cool. I love things like that..........I am gonna send you a pm and tell you more and see if you may want to be involved.......
Old July 19th, 2005, 05:17 PM   #44
bdillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by julix
Hey Brad.......
Thanks for the post and welcome to fleets! By all means build the replica!!! That is so very cool. I love things like that..........I am gonna send you a pm and tell you more and see if you may want to be involved.......
Hi Julix...

I've been giving some thought to what I may be able to come up with for the next Starfest that is Galactica related that I feel I could probably get done in time while also being able to concentrate on doing commission builds for clients as well as the other time consuming things in life.

I am going to do a diorama similar to the one posted on my website in the Galactica section except this one is going to be a smaller scale than the twelve foot one shown in the one picture which has since been sold to a private collector. Probably five to six feet long consisting of the Galactica, prison barge, gemini freighter, mineral ship as well as one or two others. I already have the Galactica 85% done so that's half the battle right there almost finished.

If needed I will try to help out in other ways if possible. It just depends on what it requires and whether or not I'll have the time.

Thanks!

Brad.
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:09 PM   #45
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdillon
Hi Julix...

I've been giving some thought to what I may be able to come up with for the next Starfest that is Galactica related that I feel I could probably get done in time while also being able to concentrate on doing commission builds for clients as well as the other time consuming things in life.

I am going to do a diorama similar to the one posted on my website in the Galactica section except this one is going to be a smaller scale than the twelve foot one shown in the one picture which has since been sold to a private collector. Probably five to six feet long consisting of the Galactica, prison barge, gemini freighter, mineral ship as well as one or two others. I already have the Galactica 85% done so that's half the battle right there almost finished.

If needed I will try to help out in other ways if possible. It just depends on what it requires and whether or not I'll have the time.

Thanks!

Brad.

Sounds really good Brad! Thank you so much! You know where to find me if you need help or have any questions. And I know where to find you!!!LOL
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:48 PM   #46
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Getting permission to show the decent TV movie versions of the TOS Galactica episodes would be good.

Also, getting the cast to act in a play might be an idea for an evening event.
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2005, 06:25 AM   #47
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble
Getting permission to show the decent TV movie versions of the TOS Galactica episodes would be good.

Also, getting the cast to act in a play might be an idea for an evening event.
I brought up showing all of TOS at the con, last year they had a superhero romm and showed the Wonder Woman DVD......so I am working on that, and working with the director to see what actors can be secured. Cons are a big bussiness and rahter confusing to me. There is a lot that is out of my control and that makes it challenging..............Thanks for the feedback, I will keep you updated.
Old October 30th, 2005, 05:46 AM   #48
julix
Bad Email Address

Hey guys,
I have an update for you. I don't think I am going to be involved in Starfest and here are the reasons why...............
The con director does not want to do the same scale of Glactica events that I was hoping for.
She says the budget is not there to do the kinds of things I wanted.
Her commincation style and mine are completly different.
I did know some of this information, but was trying to work some other ideas to get what I wanted, and I was hoping to convince her to expand. But, this is not happening.

We need to find another host to do a great TOS convention like the ones they have had in London and Netherlands!
I am really disappointed, but wanted to let you all know so we can go to plan B.
Old October 30th, 2005, 07:06 AM   #49
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Julix.....I'm sorry to hear you couldn't achieve your hopes with this particular organisation. BUt if they're not prepared to commit to the kind of events you were proposing (which from what I remember weren't unreasonable) then they don't seem willing to work towards having anything other than a 'regular' convention.

The show in Birmingham sounded a lot more like a outstanding show. I'm just sorry I couldn't attend due to being on holiday. Having successful TOS themed Conventions is another thing that might help send a strong signal to the 'men in suits' that TOS is still strong and in demand.....

Better luck next time Julix.....
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 08:50 AM   #50
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125
Julix.....I'm sorry to hear you couldn't achieve your hopes with this particular organisation. BUt if they're not prepared to commit to the kind of events you were proposing (which from what I remember weren't unreasonable) then they don't seem willing to work towards having anything other than a 'regular' convention.

The show in Birmingham sounded a lot more like a outstanding show. I'm just sorry I couldn't attend due to being on holiday. Having successful TOS themed Conventions is another thing that might help send a strong signal to the 'men in suits' that TOS is still strong and in demand.....

Better luck next time Julix.....

Thanks Ernie!
I appreciate it.........it is very dissapointing indeed.
Old October 30th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #51
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Joni -

This is sad to hear...I know how excited you were about it.

At least you found out well in advance, anyway.

Feeling for you....

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #52
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
Joni -

This is sad to hear...I know how excited you were about it.

At least you found out well in advance, anyway.

Feeling for you....

Bryan

Thanks Bryan........................
Old October 30th, 2005, 06:11 PM   #53
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Yeah, me, too.

As far as I'm concerned, they're missing a bet. It'll be their loss.

Sorry, Joni.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 04:43 AM   #54
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Yeah, me, too.

As far as I'm concerned, they're missing a bet. It'll be their loss.

Sorry, Joni.

I am
Dawg

Thanks Mister Dawg......................