Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old April 8th, 2004, 11:38 AM   #1
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Default A bit of Easter fun

Whether you celebrate Easter or not, you will probably laugh at this page:

http://www.debsfunpages.com/eastersw...asterbunny.swf

After I watched it I still couldn't figure out if it was funny or stupid... or both. So I am looking for a second opinion. Is it or ?

Happy Easter.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #2
Bombadil

Hate to be a party-pooper, but
Old April 8th, 2004, 11:54 AM   #3
Rowan
On Vacation...

It's a little weird so I know the b/f will like it but not my thing
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:09 PM   #4
kitty
Bad Email Address

My 10 year old loved it! and has watched it a couple of times, now I can not get that tune out of my head.
kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:22 PM   #5
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I do have a very odd sense of humor and most people just don't "get" me, so I was wondering. There is one woman I work with who thinks I am a total... well, let's say "female dog" so I don't offend the mods, eh? Anyway, my sarcasm goes way over the head that encases her tiny little brain and she thinks I am just mean. :sigh:

At least it's nice to know that I still retain my inner child though, as I apparently like the same things a 10 year old girl does.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

Old April 8th, 2004, 12:25 PM   #6
nightscape2112
Warrior

i thought it was funny> cool find

nightscape
Stay here and listen to the nightmares of the sea.

And the music plays on, as the bride passes by
Caught by his spell and the mariner tells his tale.

taken from "the rime of the ancient mariner" by iron maiden
nightscape2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:31 PM   #7
kitty
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
I do have a very odd sense of humor and most people just don't "get" me, so I was wondering. There is one woman I work with who thinks I am a total... well, let's say "female dog" so I don't offend the mods, eh? Anyway, my sarcasm goes way over the head that encases her tiny little brain and she thinks I am just mean. :sigh:

At least it's nice to know that I still retain my inner child though, as I apparently like the same things a 10 year old girl does.
Your humor is not odd, it would probably fit in over my side of the pond.
Everyone should retain a bit of their inner child.
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:35 PM   #8
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrell
Your humor is not odd, it would probably fit in over my side of the pond.
That would explain why my very best friend in the whole world is a Brit born and bred. Even though we don't see each other often, we are completely on the same wavelength the minute we are reunited. And it always turns out that we have read the same books and enjoyed the same shows while we were apart. Apparently we are twins who were separated before birth.

Old April 8th, 2004, 12:39 PM   #9
kitty
Bad Email Address

Quote:
That would explain why my very best friend in the whole world is a Brit born and bred. Even though we don't see each other often, we are completely on the same wavelength the minute we are reunited. And it always turns out that we have read the same books and enjoyed the same shows while we were apart. Apparently we are twins who were separated before birth.
LOL
They say that many Americans do not get our British sense of humor.
Old April 8th, 2004, 08:02 PM   #10
braxiss
Major

ooooooo yyyaaaaaaaa

lol
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:14 PM   #11
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

It was a cute little bitty. But well... I think its more for that ten year old little girl than me.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #12
amberstar
Strike Leader

Too cute! I can see why little ones like it!

Amber
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:29 PM   #13
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
LOL
They say that many Americans do not get our British sense of humor.
I like it a lot! And it's got your name in it too -- YouKnowWho (well they left out the Why, but its close!)

I love the British sense of humor. First time I saw Python I didn't get it at all, didn't laugh once (while my date was in a riot).

Then one day Holy Grail came on TV and suddenly it burst on me -- I laughed so hard I never thought I'd stop! Since then I found other greats like Mr. Bean, etc. You Brits have a GREAT sense of humor! Anything really good in life takes a bit of time to truly understand and appreciate it (like literature, e.g., and /everybody's/ gotta admit Brits have the BEST lit!).

Can't wait to show my daughter
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2004, 01:30 AM   #14
kitty
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
I like it a lot! And it's got your name in it too -- YouKnowWho (well they left out the Why, but its close!)

I love the British sense of humor. First time I saw Python I didn't get it at all, didn't laugh once (while my date was in a riot).

Then one day Holy Grail came on TV and suddenly it burst on me -- I laughed so hard I never thought I'd stop! Since then I found other greats like Mr. Bean, etc. You Brits have a GREAT sense of humor! Anything really good in life takes a bit of time to truly understand and appreciate it (like literature, e.g., and /everybody's/ gotta admit Brits have the BEST lit!).

Can't wait to show my daughter
There is very few Brits that do not understand Python, we all love it. I do not know if any of you have seen Faulty Towers, Blackadder or even Red dwarf.
Old April 9th, 2004, 01:36 AM   #15
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
There is very few Brits that do not understand Python, we all love it. I do not know if any of you have seen Faulty Towers, Blackadder or even Red dwarf.
yes all three in fact we just got Faulty towers on DVD I love that show!
Old April 9th, 2004, 09:13 AM   #16
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I am actually saving up money for the complete Monty Python DVD set (about $165 US on amazon.com) and loved Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, etc.

Anyone see "A Fish Called Wanda"? Are you c-c-c-c-c-c-coming to k-k-k-k-kill me K-K-K-K-K-Ken?

Old April 9th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #17
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
I am actually saving up money for the complete Monty Python DVD set (about $165 US on amazon.com) and loved Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, etc.

Anyone see "A Fish Called Wanda"? Are you c-c-c-c-c-c-coming to k-k-k-k-kill me K-K-K-K-K-Ken?
believe it or not I actually walked out of the movie theater during a fish called Wanda, I was so upset that the guy ate the other guys pet fish I had to leave...I'm very sensitive about stuff like that, I can't see the humour in it depsite loving the movie Dances With Wolves I could never watch it again because of what they did to the horse and the wolf. I'm a wimp!
Old April 9th, 2004, 09:19 AM   #18
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Don't worry, Rowan, the guy who ate the fish definitely got his just reward!

Old April 9th, 2004, 09:39 AM   #19
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

I saw both Fish Called Wanda and its sequel, Fierce Creatures. I'm sensitive too, but i gotta admit, each time Palin killed one of the ladies little dogs I burst our laughing! The dropped safe was outrageous!

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote