Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old October 10th, 2004, 06:49 AM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Hell's Bells! V: The Remake

I saw this from Ken Johnson at Ilana's V website:

Hi...

So here’s the update: I met with NBC about two months ago and they said, we’d prefer to first have you go back and remake the original.

Very unexpected and startling to me.

While doing a remake is clearly not my first choice, NBC makes the strong argument that a freshened version of the original would have a great deal to say to a whole new generation of viewers. It is clearly the only way they are interested in proceeding. We are unable to set up the sequel at another network. After much consideration, I have agreed to at least explore the possibilities of a remake.

The prospect of recapturing that original lightning-in-a-bottle is very daunting to me, however. I also recognize the responsibility I have, not only to myself, but to the hundreds of millions of V fans around the world who are as fond of the original as I am.

My hope is (and NBC has given me reason to believe) that if we can agree on a remake which I feel totally respects the creative artistic integrity of the original, if it is produced and is successful, then I might be able to carry V onward, ideally using the sequel script I have already written, which jumps the story forward 20 years. That would be the best of all currently possible worlds.

Thanks for caring.

Kenny
Old October 10th, 2004, 07:06 AM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Well, just invite the "V" folks over to CF and CA, seems like we're going to have a lot in common!

UNBELIEVABLE (no scratch that, it is believable).... the networks seem to think that they need to start everyone on Page 1 again -- what a load of bull! If people are that "disconnected" with what has already aired then, just get off your *** and re-broadcast it.

I guess we are fortunate to have the network execs looking out for our well-being, just like they did with Moore's mess!

Well, it looks like there may be something else that I WON'T WATCH!
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2004, 09:00 AM   #3
Rowan
On Vacation...

But BST at least this time the person who would produce it cares about it and wants to respect the fans out there and "totally respects the creative artistic integrity of the original" that's very different starting point than what we had/have.

There are many movies that get remade look at Little Women it's been done 3 times now in the US and once by the BBC so that is 4 versions of the same story and yet not one truly captures it for me. Dune was remade and thank God for that because the first version I hated.
Songs get remade all the time look at the song Cotton Eyed Joe (I pick it because it went through such a crazy transformation) my mother used to sing that to me as a lullaby as a child it had a very slow rythm to it. It's a very old song I believe it's from the days of black slavery, but a few years ago I'm in a bar and what should I hear but this same song with a techno sound and a fast beat and strob lights flashing I was dumbfounded but I loved it!

Just because we got a version of BSG we don't like doesn't mean that every remake will be bad.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BST))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) hang in there keep a little place open in your heart for hope.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2004, 09:17 AM   #4
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

It's hard to keep hope, Rowan.

The "Powers that Be" (NBC) that will ultimately be funding this, will have the last word. If that last word is to "re-imagine/re-make" then, "V" will go down the same rocky, treacherous path that Galactica trod.

I am personally sick of the so-called "enlightened / sophisticated" thinking that goes on nowadays. Why is it that the only way to tell a story, now, is to "re-imagine" it for the current audience? Can't these "know-it-alls" pick up a story, midway? Why do they have to re-invent the wheel? Someone had already developed the idea and storyline so, they're not discovering anything earth-shattering.

My whole point is that if today's audiences are so damned sophisticated and knowledgable, can't they understand an older storyline and the parallels that it has to current events. In other words, can they not understand the terrorism perpetrated by the Nazi's during WW II or do they have to be told of the terrorism perpetrated by al-Qaeda? Cannot these sophisticated, seemingly intelligent viewers realize that terrorism, at any time, against anybody, is bad and needs to be defeated.?

That's just one example and I'll cede the point that the methods employed by the 2 groups, mentioned in the above paragraph, are very much different.

To me, it all boils down to an excuse, by someone who thinks that they know better or more than everyone else, and just wants to make a name for him- or her-self. Personal aggrandizement, that's all it is.
Sleep now
They are calling

Old October 10th, 2004, 01:46 PM   #5
braxiss
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
Well, it looks like there may be something else that I WON'T WATCH!
i second that
Old October 10th, 2004, 02:02 PM   #6
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Thanks for the ((( hugs ))), hon. They are appreciated.

I still have hope -- that the clueless who create shows, for us to watch, will someday "get it".

Sleep now
They are calling

Old October 10th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #7
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

I won't watch it. My idea of a sequel is a follow up using the same actors playing the same characters. What's the point of doing it otherwise? Yah, a question we've been asking here for the last 2 years.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote