Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old January 12th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #1
DaveC001
Shuttle Pilot

Default BSG game mission 1. Is a save possible?

Does anyone know if it's possible to save the mission after you protect the Galactica in the first mission right before you hyperspace to wherever the Cylons came from?

I keep getting the Galactica blown up, but every once in a while I make it only to die right after I blow up the satellites at the Cylon's place.

Then it takes forever to get back again.

Thanks,

-Dave C.
DaveC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #2
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Level 1 Saving point

Dave -
You have a bit more before you get to a "saving point" After you destroy the Cylon satellites, you have to save Paulus from getting fragged. I got stuck at this point for some time.... Once you are able to save his butt, then you can move on to the next level, but make sure you save your progress at that point. The game will compute your stats and give you your Pilot Rating (A,B,C,D, etc..).

Unless you can save Paulus, you have to keep playing the first part of the game over and over and over...... The good point to this is that you get to hone your piloting and firing skills until then. It just takes some time.

I think that we only have two people here at CF that have finished the entire game - Kingfish & Titon. I believe that Don (Titon) was the first to finish.

Keep playing & have fun!
Bryan
________
Medical marijuana doctor
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2004, 05:17 PM   #3
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

No. You need to make it past mission 4. How to do it. The biggest trick is the triangle button if you are using PS2. Press it to see where your targets are. Saving the Big G is easy. Press the button and use missiles(The square button is your secondary weapons function). Press and hold until the targets are locked(the circles turn red). The next mission is the satalights. Take out the raiders with missiles and laserfire. press the triangle button to locate each one. Don't use your turbos too much or you will not have enough energy to destroy the oncoming bursts from the asteroids. Once finished with them you will be quickly prompted to save Paulus. Again the triangle button to locate him. Use missiles and make sure you have the targets dead to rights and fire. If successful you will have to destroy a drone or two. Once destroyed the asteroid with the yellow tyleum needs to be taken care of. Paulus will say get out of there so hit your turbos. The mission ends and the first progress report and you can save from there. Good luck.

PS: Maybe I should write a strategy guide.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2004, 05:44 AM   #4
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

It's frustrating as hell but as Bryan says it allows you to hone your flight skills. BUT that being said i still believe this is a detriment to the game. Not allowing more save points is just odd. Games are supposed to be entertaining and don't get me wrong, this game is entertaining but i still believe that alot of people will just get frustrated by it and walk away before seeing the good in it.

Some of the missions are down right annoying. One minute you can't see what the hell is going on because it's to dark the next your in an area of space that's so bright your eyes dang near bug out of your head. The game engine and design in my eyes could use ALOT of work. The cut scenes are why you should play this game to the end. Eden FX did a wonderful job with them and basically in all honesty is the reason i played it in the first place.

Good luck

Don

Old January 13th, 2004, 05:48 AM   #5
DaveC001
Shuttle Pilot

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the help.

I am finally able to regularly get to the satellite area but Paulus keeps getting blown up.

I wish you could save whenever you want to so it would be easier than going all the way back to the beginning.

One thing I wish this game had was more time for just viewing the scenery. I play X-wing on the PC and there are some dead spots where there is no action where you can fly around the capital ships and check them out and stuff. It makes for a more realistic adventure.

It seems, so far anyway, that anytime your in a viper you are blasting and blasting and blasting.

Also I wish there was a pilot training mode where you could practice just flying the ship.

-Dave C.
DaveC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2004, 08:03 AM   #6
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Also I wish there was a pilot training mode where you could practice just flying the ship.
Exactly. Talk about being thrown into the fire!

Old January 13th, 2004, 06:00 PM   #7
TheHobb
Master of Spiderwebs

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDSpecial Effects Wizard
Spiderman 1&2

I finally got the game and, like everyone else it seems, Paulus keeps getting blown up. It's very frustrating.

Todd
TheHobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2004, 05:16 AM   #8
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Colonial Fleets

Hey Todd, after you take out the satellites locate Paulus right away and turbo to his area. Get behind him if you can and lock your missles onto the ships following him. Blast away until there all gone. It's a pain in the arse.

Old January 15th, 2004, 03:29 PM   #9
TheHobb
Master of Spiderwebs

Spiderman 1&2

The problem I've had is finding him. There's so much crap on the screen it takes me a while to figure out where he is. I also seem to be really far away every time and he's mostly gone by the time I get to him giving me about 20 seconds to kill about 8 raiders.
Old January 15th, 2004, 05:15 PM   #10
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Hobb

If you are using PS2 then hit the triangle button on the right side of the controller to highlight Paulus. It works like a charm.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2004, 10:47 AM   #11
TheHobb
Master of Spiderwebs

Spiderman 1&2

There is the learning all the controls issue too.

Thanks, Kingfish - I'll give that a try (though I have it on the Xbox)

So far I haven't found much need for a lot of the fancy maneuvers and other controls. I'm assuming that later in the game dodging becomes more important...