Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 19th, 2003, 08:35 PM   #1
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default Bsg Motto

NEW BSG MOTTO

The above motto was a Henry Ford quote. He also said, "I'll belt the Earth with dependable motor cars!" Using the formula within that quote, that's exactly what he did. That's how we know it can work for us.

COMING TOGETHER IS A BEGINNING

The webmaster at bsg.com has an idea to unite all BSG sites that are interested in a continuation, however large or small those sites may be. http://www.battlestargalactica.com is inviting all owners and webmasters to be a part of a massive movement of unification so we may achieve the desired end of influencing TPTB to make a continuation movie using as much of the original cast as possible. If your site is small, without a chatroom, you'll have access to the chatroom and forums at bsg.com. If you already have a chatroom you'll still be able to meet others here. You'll have your own Forum and will be able to move freely from your site to battlestargalactica.com. We're uniting all sites friendly to a continuation; that includes artist's sites, fanfic and actor's sites as well.

We often refer to ourselves as the RagTag Fleet. We've been on our own journey for a number of years trying to bring back The Show With Great Possibilies. There's been much sporadic activity, even more discussion and a lot of frustration regarding what to do to achieve that end, but never have we been the force that we 'can' be once we have formed a united front.

KEEPING TOGETHER IS PROGRESS

Now that we've become united as one large world-wide assemblage we should turn our attention to positive efforts within the group to stay on course. This is a "must" if part three is to be accomplished. In the group that we have become in this unification, there should be many ideas offered on how best to maintain our band of Warriors and ways to communicate with each other instantly. Not the least is the forming of new friendships with fans that we may one day meet at a Con or a Movie Premiere. In this part of the Motto the positive should be emphasized. Simply put, that means there are others who will want to see a movie a bit differently from what you want. That's okay. We can't actually dictate to Glen Larson exactly what he should do regarding content - where he takes the story. We all want a continuation with some of the original cast; on that we can agree. That allows each one to hold to his/her dream of what they hope to see when they go running to the theater to view the new movie. Keeping together as a consolidated group will enable us to move to the next step.

WORKING TOGETHER IS SUCCESS

Uniting our efforts to influence TPTB to make a Continuation Movie with the original cast is our goal. We can now have letter campaigns, talk to our local newspapers, send emails, whatever we feel is important or necessary, and we can do it as one body. One movement. All the continuation-friendly fans from bsg sites will have an impact that cannot be ignored. This is our objective.

It may be that such a movie could not have been made before this time because of the problems wracking Universal. Also, Glen Larson may have become more amenable to making a movie at this time because of what the SciFi Channel has done to his baby. Now is the time to focus our attention solely on Mr. Larson and the movie. We will give him our encouragement and support; we will allow him the freedom to make his own choices as to Producers and Writers without bashing those choices. However, if you have a choice of your own, letting him know who you think would be terrific, and why, is your call. Working together means working with all aspects of fandom, the artists, actors, the production team, the studio. One body. One movement. One goal.

This is where we start: Owners and webmasters please contact Darrell Lawrence, webmaster@battlestargalactica.com. The site is still undergoing changes but the Unification has begun.

ojai22
Public Relations
http://www.battlestargalactica.com
Old November 20th, 2003, 11:47 AM   #2
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

bump
Old November 20th, 2003, 06:58 PM   #3
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Absolutely, Positively, Most Definitely!!!

[size=large]COUNT ME IN !! [/size]

For too long we have been the Fragmented Fleet but, no longer! If we are to realize our goal of a Continuation, the "idea" MUST become reality!
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2003, 09:41 AM   #4
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent

Radio Galactica isn't a site but you can count me in .

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2003, 02:25 PM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Great statements Ojai!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2003, 02:55 PM   #6
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

I will also support this however I can.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2003, 05:25 PM   #7
tracyb144

Fabulous Ojai...simply FABULOUS

Tracy
Old November 22nd, 2003, 10:55 AM   #8
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Ojai,

Unfortunately, as of this morning, I WILL NOT support this, at least not in its present form. I will monitor this to see how it progresses and see if it becomes somthing I can support.

[[[Two-Brains objections and concerns removed by TBC himself to allow for a fair implementation of this plan to prove its own merits]]]

I'll be very glad to change my mind as soon as I see that my observations are wrong or there is more than makes this into a good thing.

Respectfully,

Two-Brain

Last edited by TwoBrainedCylon; November 22nd, 2003 at 12:49 PM..
TwoBrainedCylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2003, 11:58 AM   #9
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Don't worry Sandy. We had a bit of a disagreement. But we are trying to work things out now. Things are getting better. Problems and misunderstandings are being smoothed over.

Your support of the Fleets has always been exemplar. You defend us with the same vigor you take to defending your own forums. We do remember all you did with the walkout and the burdoned you carried in our name.

Thank you Sandy. And fear not, there is some light coming out of this. I'm sure of that.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2003, 12:42 PM   #10
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Hell Yes.

I joined BSG.com and submitted my site.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2003, 01:00 PM   #11
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Removed.

Last edited by michaelfaries; November 22nd, 2003 at 02:15 PM..
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2003, 01:03 PM   #12
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Default Re: Hell Yes.

Quote:
Originally posted by kingfish
I joined BSG.com and submitted my site.
I will be abstaining for now.

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2003, 01:23 PM   #13
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Hi Darrell,

If you're referring to:
http://www.battlestargalactica.com/home/motto.php

then, yes, I've read it. It's too centralized; it goes beyond what "The Battlestar Network" was intended to do. (Yes, I also read the part which states, "Sites WITH forums already will ALSO be listed there, with direct links to those sites within the BSG.com forums.")

I understand the ideas being proposed; I wish you well with them. I think there's better uses for time and resources spent that this. But that's just my thinking for now.

Growth is inevitable; growth is good. May you be able to handle that growth with the necessary energies and focuses required.

Peace,
Michael
:colwar:
Old November 23rd, 2003, 09:06 PM   #14
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I'm reposting this with insertions of the definitive additions by Warrior. Please read it again in it's entirety. Thanks.....ojai22
=====================================

NEW BSG MOTTO

Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.

The above motto was a Henry Ford quote. He also said, "I'll belt the Earth with dependable motor cars!" Using the formula within that quote, that's exactly what he did. That's how we know it can work for us.

COMING TOGETHER IS A BEGINNING

The webmaster at bsg.com has an idea to unite all BSG sites that are interested in a continuation, however large or small those sites may be. http://www.battlestargalactica.com is inviting all owners and webmasters to be a part of a massive movement of unification so we may achieve the desired end of influencing TPTB to make a continuation movie using as much of the original cast as possible. If your site is small, without a chatroom, you'll have access to the chatroom and forums at bsg.com. If you already have a chatroom you'll still be able to meet others here. You'll have your own Forum and will be able to move freely from your site to battlestargalactica.com. We're uniting all sites friendly to a continuation; that includes artist's sites, fanfic and actor's sites as well.

We often refer to ourselves as the RagTag Fleet. We've been on our own journey for a number of years trying to bring back The Show With Great Possibilies. There's been much sporadic activity, even more discussion and a lot of frustration regarding what to do to achieve that end, but never have we been the force that we 'can' be once we have formed a united front.

What the above means:

Many sites are on servers that do not have a database available to the site owners, or the site has ads that tend to turn people away, etc. This means that many sites have no forums, even though they would like to. Our goal is to provide a solution for those sites so MORE traffic may be driven to your site.

BSG.com will have a forum set up where interested sites can link directly into their sub-forum for their site, thus when a visitor clicks your Forum link at your site, it links them into your subforum here at BSG.com. Each site owner/webmaster will be the "moderator" of their own subforum. Whatever is discussed in their forum is up to them.

The chat room set up works a little bit differently. If a site wants a chat room, they'd link into the main chat room here, BUT use the pull down menu to access their sites chat room. Thus, any participating web site can have scheduled chats for their sites visitors, and by having said chats in their own room, they'd be able to have them whenever they want without worrying about another chat session taking up the main chat room.

Thus, coming together like this is the begining.

KEEPING TOGETHER IS PROGRESS

Now that we've become united as one large world-wide assemblage we should turn our attention to positive efforts within the group to stay on course. This is a "must" if part three is to be accomplished. In the group that we have become in this unification, there should be many ideas offered on how best to maintain our band of Warriors and ways to communicate with each other instantly. Not the least is the forming of new friendships with fans that we may one day meet at a Con or a Movie Premiere. In this part of the Motto the positive should be emphasized. Simply put, that means there are others who will want to see a movie a bit differently from what you want. That's okay. We can't actually dictate to Glen Larson exactly what he should do regarding content - where he takes the story. We all want a continuation with some of the original cast; on that we can agree. That allows each one to hold to his/her dream of what they hope to see when they go running to the theater to view the new movie. Keeping together as a consolidated group will enable us to move to the next step.

What the above means:

With multi site linked together via the BSG.com provided site forums and chat rooms, fans can cross over site to site rather easily and be able to communicate quickly. If one site has a chat scheduled for it's viewers, then viewers of other sites can see the announcements for said chats either on the BSG.com News page *or* within that sites own forum. With this, fans can stay closer together on the web, and when plans of action are to take place, more people can be reached, rather than just those at your web site. Again, this helps with the growth and promotion of YOUR web site. Cross site promotions can take place, keeping everyone informed and involved through your web sites.

This is a brand new idea that I don't think has ever been tried before, thus it'd be quite the testing period to see if it works or not. The goal is to make YOUR site stronger, and the BSG fandom voice LOUDER by staying united.

WORKING TOGETHER IS SUCCESS

Uniting our efforts to influence TPTB to make a Continuation Movie with the original cast is our goal. We can now have letter campaigns, talk to our local newspapers, send emails, whatever we feel is important or necessary, and we can do it as one body. One movement. All the continuation-friendly fans from bsg sites will have an impact that cannot be ignored. This is our objective.

It may be that such a movie could not have been made before this time because of the problems wracking Universal. Also, Glen Larson may have become more amenable to making a movie at this time because of what the SciFi Channel has done to his baby. Now is the time to focus our attention solely on Mr. Larson and the movie. We will give him our encouragement and support; we will allow him the freedom to make his own choices as to Producers and Writers without bashing those choices. However, if you have a choice of your own, letting him know who you think would be terrific, and why, is your call. Working together means working with all aspects of fandom, the artists, actors, the production team, the studio. One body. One movement. One goal.

What the above means:

With the site leaders/webmasters/owners in some type of direct contact with each other, major planning can go forth: Fan projects, letter campaigns, etc can quickly be planned by you, the leaders of your respective sites, and you can get input/assistance from other sites. This is working together to achieve one goal: Get a Continuation of some sort actually made. No more talking about the possibilities. It's time to bring the talk to reality and actually work together to make something happen.

The Forums breakdown.

As mentioned above, those sites without forums and chat rooms will be given the opportunity to have their own through BSG.com. What isn't said there but is covered here is this: Sites WITH forums already will ALSO be listed there, with direct links to those sites within the BSG.com forums.

Chat rooms are a bit different, but those with chat rooms already can link theirs within the BSG.com forums themselves in the Chat Room forum. BSG.com intends to never duplicate another sites forums, thus the only three you will see here at BSG.com are the ones listing the hosted forums, the one listing the external forum sites and the Chat Room listing forum.

This is where we start: Owners and webmasters please contact Darrell Lawrence, webmaster@battlestargalactica.com. The site is still undergoing changes but the Unification has begun.

ojai22
Public Relations
http://www.battlestargalactica.com