Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old June 13th, 2003, 05:38 PM   #1
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Default Richard Hatch June newsletter

June BG newsletter

Hi everyone,

Well, it's been quite a while since I last talked to you and I'm sure many of you are wondering what the hell is going on! Well, Let me share what is going on in my world, especially with my battlestargalactica.com website and the upcoming Galacticon 2003. First off, there has been a change of webmasters at not only the battlestargalactica.com site but at all of my websites. I want to assure you that no one has been fired or let go for any reason. For personal reasons, Michael Faries has decided to withdraw from his duties as Webmaster for my battlestargalactica.com site, Magellan and richardhatch.com sites, and we are going to dearly miss him. He has contributed tremendously to the resurgence of Battlestar over the past several years and his talent, intelligence and love for this wonderful story have been invaluable to me and many, many fans and supporters around the world. We love you, Michael, and thank you for all that you have done for us. However, Michael is fortunately still involved as Webmaster for galacticonevents.com and is also continuing to work with us on producing the 25th Battlestar Galactica Anniversary.)

As a result of Michael's departure at my other primary sites, we have had the good fortune to have Darrell Lawrence from ColonialFleets.com step in to bring everything back up to speed for us. He and his team of helpers will be working on updating and evolving the BG site, as well as my Magellan and richardhatch.com sites. I'm grateful for his willingness to step in at this critical juncture and dedicate his many talents and abilities to making these sites state of the art. Your feedback and suggestions for improving and modernizing these sites will be most appreciated. I just want to let you know that our new team and I are committed to creating a BG webpage that will serve and support the entire Battlestar Galactica network and community. Just remember, this website will be dedicated to all of you, the fans who have loved and supported this show for many years and are truly responsible for the resurgence of BG. We want this page to be a place for all of you to share your creativity, ideas and differing points of view. It doesn't matter what you believe or where your loyalties are- we welcome your diverse opinions, thoughts and ideas about what you would like to see with any new series or BG project. Open forums and the ability to embrace all points of view are imperative to a BG page that truly represents all of us.

In regards to the 25th Battlestar Galactica convention: I just want to say that we are working overtime to bring you the most entertaining and memorable BG event ever. This event will include provocative and stimulating panels that represent the extremely diverse opinions and points of view of the entire BG universe. With that in mind, we are inviting not only the original BG actors and crews but those from BG 1980, as well as Ron Moore and David Eick, the producers of the new and re-imagined BG mini-series coming later this year on the Sci-fi Channel. We sincerely hope all parties will agree to attend. Regardless of your feelings about the new mini, either positive or negative, we think this will be a great opportunity for all of you to hear what the producers have to say, and a rare chance to share your own thoughts and feelings with them in return. Everyone's opinions and feelings will be honored and respected at this highly anticipated panel.

We have also extended an invitation to the BG CD rom game people, and hopefully they will attend and host a panel, in addition to presenting a demo of their new game coming out sometime this fall on both Playstation 2 and X box. (By the way, both Dirk and I did some of the voices for this new game. See if you can figure out which ones.) I personally love the artwork and design for this game and feel that the producers and writers really understand what the Battlestar Galactica story is truly all about. Thanks, guys, for getting it!

Also, if you don't already know by now, myself and a few of the other principals, including series creator Glen Larson, are doing some of the commentary for the New BG DVD set. This set will include all of the original episodes, and will be coming out this year as well. As you can see we would love to include everyone in our 25th BG celebration.

By the way I ran into Glen Larson while taping my commentaries for the DVD set and invited him personally to attend our event. He was very gracious and friendly and was taking a keen interest in all the new BG projects being completed at this time. We are doing a very special tribute to him as series creator in addition to honoring the late Lorne Green and John Colicos at our Saturday night mega party and celebration. We hope our invitation to Glen will be accepted, and that he will allow us to honor him for creating such a rare and heartfelt show that will never be forgotten.

In addition, a 25th Anniversary BG documentary is in the works, and the crew will be filming interviews and commentaries all this year, up to and including at the convention itself. This will include many fans and others who have been deeply involved in the BG universe. This documentary will be available sometime shortly after the Oct 24th convention.

I must say that co-producing this convention with my very experienced partners, along with some very talented helpers, has been a rare opportunity for me to appreciate the incredible challenges that face all convention producers. I take my hat off to all of them. I hope you will help us publicize this very special event by telling your friends and spreading the word everywhere you go. We need your help and will be most appreciative of your efforts. I don't think most people realize what it takes to meet the economic demands and expenses of a convention like this, and how many people and booked hotel rooms it takes to offset the high overhead of a major hotel. We want to encourage you to please book your hotel rooms at the Sheraton Universal whenever possible, as it will tremendously help us in offsetting the high expense of the convention facilities. And besides you don't want to miss all the late night parties and special events that the BG fan club is creating. This will also facilitate late night conga lines.

The BG fan club along with a little help from us is creating some very provocative and highly entertaining late night events on both Friday and Saturday that you won't want to miss. Any suggestions? Let us know! By the way- we're looking for Socialators! Any of you lady warriors interested in helping us out? Oh, and I almost forgot, we are talking to Jack Stauffer to see if he would be interested in co-hosting the Saturday night dinner/show. Music, bands, high and low comedy, mayhem and some crazy and unexpected surprises will greet you on this special night that is not to be missed!

For any of you that don't want to pay for their membership through Pay Pal and include credit card and check routing, you will be given an address this week for sending in your checks and money orders through snail mail. We apologize if you had any trouble doing this earlier, and we are currently fixing the problem so that this option will be available shortly. Please contact us if you have experienced any difficulty in obtaining memberships by mail. For all information and purchasing memberships for 'Galacticon 2003, The Fans 25th Anniversary Salute to Battlestar Galactica', please go to battlestargalactica.com or galacticonevents.com. We look forward to hanging out and sharing a lot of memories and ambrosia with you guys for four very special days and evenings this coming Oct 24. This will be an event to be remembered!

For all you BG fans in California the American Cinematheque and Cinefantastique Magazine are sponsoring a screening of the Galactica 3 hour pilot at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood at 6712 Hollywood Blvd. The Screening begins at 5 PM on Saturday August 23rd and will be followed by a Q&A.

What else? Oh, yeah- my renamed company, MerlinQuest Entertainment, which is currently putting together our first Sci-fi series 'The Great War of Magellan', is finally completing the trailers for this space adventure epic! It's been a long journey, but we are finally putting everything together, and will be playing both the short and longer versions of the trailers for this epic space adventure series this coming summer at a convention near you. It's still a work in progress, with the final version of this trailer being readied for the 25th BG convention.

One last note- my latest BG novel 'Paradis' is coming out this June. It's the fifth in my series of BG stories following the original characters and their children born in space 25 years into the future. I hope you enjoy it. I just want you to know that I will always love and support BG, and I will be a fan to the end. I will never give up on this wonderful story and will do my best to support and inspire all of you.

Well, warriors, hang in there- this is going to be one big Battlestar year with something special for all of us! Just remember to help us round up Battlestar Galactica fans everywhere for Galacticon 2003, The Fans Salute to the Star, Producers and Crew of the one and only Battlestar Galactica. Let's rock Battlestar into the Stratosphere. All the best to you all and as always, keep the faith and never give up on your dream! You all deserve the very best that life has to offer.

Richard
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2003, 10:00 PM   #2
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Oh yeah.... discussion thread here.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...&threadid=3376
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote