Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old December 1st, 2004, 07:44 AM   #1
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Exclamation The Best Movie I Have Ever Seen!

I don't get a chance to watch movies very often, but there is a movie called See Grace Fly that I actually downloaded from Cineclix for $5.99 because I couldn't wait for the DVD to come out. I don't have Windows Media Player 9 at home & my computer is too old to play it, so I watched the movie at work, in pieces, and I still think it is the best movie I have ever seen! It is making it's big screen premiere in Vancouver and Toronto this weekend, so I highly recommend going to check it out if you live ANYWHERE near one of those cities.

If you can't make it, you should definitely download the movie. The $5.99 buys you 3 user licenses to either play on 3 different computers or to pass on to 2 other friends. If your Internet connection is painfully slow, I am more than willing to snail mail a copy of the file on a CD-ROM to you, but I used up my user licenses, so you'll have to buy your own!

Here are the details: Premieres December 3rd at the Vancouver Cinemark Tinseltown and at the Toronto Carlton Cineplex Odeon. If it were playing in Montreal I would actually make the 500-plus mile round trip to see it, that is how incredible this movie is!

It is an indepent film made last year for a whopping $65,000 but the only way to tell that it is "low budget" is that the lighting is just a bit dark in some of the scenes. The talent & the story are top-shelf, all of these people put 99% of Hollywood's actors to shame. I laughed, I cried, I learned, I thought about stuff and, a month after I watched it, I am still raving about it & questioning my perception of what actually happened in the final scenes. I got goosebumps ALL OVER when I saw those scenes, it was incredible!

The reason I came across the film is that I have become a huge fan of Paul McGillion, who plays Dr. Carson Beckett on Stargate: Atlantis and he was the male lead in this movie. He was nominated for an award for Best Male Lead in Canada (you call them Leos up there in the Great White North, right? ) & the film won a lot of awards, deservedly so! The man is talented, very talented, but his costar Gina Chiarelli just blew me away. The whole movie did!

OK, I'll stop raving now. But seriously, go see this film if you can! I promise that you won't be disappointed. It is the only movie I have ever seen that deals with the tough issues of mental illness & faith without being either preachy or condescending.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2004, 07:58 AM   #2
Archangel
Bad Email Address

I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Leo awards = British Columbia movie awards
Gemini awards= television (Stargate seems to pick up a LOT of them!)
Genie awards = Theatrical

A partial list of our awards system ^
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2022, 06:26 PM   #3
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: The Best Movie I Have Ever Seen!

"The Best" often depends upon the film's genre, wouldn't you say?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote