Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - In Progress
Notices

Old January 4th, 2006, 08:41 PM   #1
buckaroohawk
StarBird Pilot

Question Question about submitting images...

To all fleet personnel:

Hi, all! Buckaroohawk here with a question. Actually several questions. Well, there are several questions, but they're all connected so I suppose they could be seen as one OVERALL question with several SUBSET questions, or a single CENTRAL question with SPOKE questions supporting the main one. Coversely, they could be viewed as a few SMALL questions that, when combined, make up one LARGER question. I guess it depends on whether you look at things inductively or deductively to determine th nature of the question(s) in question.

Don't mind me. It's late and my stream of consciousness has burst its banks.

Here are the questions:

1. How does a member go about posting images here? I'm a CGI artist and I've got a few images that would be perfectly showcased here.

2. Do the images have to be exclusively BG related? I have pic of 3D models I've built of ships from Galactica, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, even a 3D model of old old electronic model from Milton Bradley called the StarBird that I'd love to show off.

3. Are there size restrictions on the images? How big or small should they be? What format is the most convenient?

4. What is the policy on crediting other model makers? I honestly don't remember where I got some of these models from, or who created them orginally. I'm going back over my files to get as much info on who made what as I can, but I doubt I'll be able to compile a complete list. I would never intentionally leave out proper credit, but what happens if I miss something?

5. What about animations? I have AVI files of some of my models in action. Are we able to post such things here as well?

I think that about does it. Heck, I'm not even sure I'm in the correct forum for asking such things. If I am not, someone please point me in the right direction.

Much thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Buckaroohawk
buckaroohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:56 AM   #2
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckaroohawk
To all fleet personnel:

Hi, all! Buckaroohawk here with a question. Actually several questions. Well, there are several questions, but they're all connected so I suppose they could be seen as one OVERALL question with several SUBSET questions, or a single CENTRAL question with SPOKE questions supporting the main one. Coversely, they could be viewed as a few SMALL questions that, when combined, make up one LARGER question. I guess it depends on whether you look at things inductively or deductively to determine th nature of the question(s) in question.

Don't mind me. It's late and my stream of consciousness has burst its banks.

Here are the questions:

1. How does a member go about posting images here? I'm a CGI artist and I've got a few images that would be perfectly showcased here.

2. Do the images have to be exclusively BG related? I have pic of 3D models I've built of ships from Galactica, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, even a 3D model of old old electronic model from Milton Bradley called the StarBird that I'd love to show off.

3. Are there size restrictions on the images? How big or small should they be? What format is the most convenient?

4. What is the policy on crediting other model makers? I honestly don't remember where I got some of these models from, or who created them orginally. I'm going back over my files to get as much info on who made what as I can, but I doubt I'll be able to compile a complete list. I would never intentionally leave out proper credit, but what happens if I miss something?

5. What about animations? I have AVI files of some of my models in action. Are we able to post such things here as well?

I think that about does it. Heck, I'm not even sure I'm in the correct forum for asking such things. If I am not, someone please point me in the right direction.

Much thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Buckaroohawk
Take this to the Forum info and feedback section and ask the Fleet Administrators, that's the best spot for this I think.
BlueSquad2001
Old January 5th, 2006, 02:41 AM   #3
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Welcome to Colonial Fleets......very pleased you could join us here.....

Quote:
I run the only website dedicated to all the BSG fanfilms out there ... www.battlestarfanfilms.com so this comment caught my eye....

I'd be very interested to watch your animations. If you can host them and include links in a post that would be great. If not there are several people who can host for you....
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 06:26 PM   #4
buckaroohawk
StarBird Pilot

Thumbs up Thanks, Guys!

Ernie and BlueSquadron,

Thanks for the tips, guys! I appreciate it!

Ernie, if you know of anyone who would be willing to host my AVI files, let me know and I'll find a way to send them out.

BlueSquadron, I reposted my query in the forum you suggested. Thanks for the tip!

Ever forward!

Buckaroohawk
buckaroohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 06:53 PM   #5
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Buckaroohawk........please check your Private Messages (PM)......
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote