Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old October 13th, 2006, 12:06 AM   #1
Crashoveride
Shuttle Pilot

Default BSG Enhanced DVD

Not sure where I heard this, but I thought I heard about a "Enhanced" version of BSG in the works. Has any one else heard this rumor?
Crashoveride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 01:34 AM   #2
monolith21
Squadron Leader

I haven't heard anything about it, but I've certainly talked about it a lot with some friends after seeing the Star Trek enhanced episodes. I'd love to see BSG get that sort of treatment as long as the original episodes were still made available.
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #3
Crashoveride
Shuttle Pilot

yeah, so far I am impressed with how they are doing the Star Trek enhanced. But they just keep showing the same episodes over and over so far!
Old October 14th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

This certainly sounds like a novel idea people, especially with HD-DVD's out now and Blue Ray discs around the corner! Galactica getting a enhanced version of its DVD release sounds neat. But i'd hope like the Star Trek releases, that the Galactica based ones would be expanded upon. Very much so in the way of official special editions as it were?

And i'd hope that any new Battlestar Galactica DVD's contained material such as all new kinds of extras NOT found in the first released BG DVD's like TV spots and trailers etc. Many smart fans out there might be fickle and wouldn't want to double dip for a new set of DVD's with a clearer picture even. The only way to grab even more buyers is to offer up things that isn't on the current release boxset. But as we all know this means money to produce on Universal's behalf, but you'd think with the sales of the first Galactica DVD set for the past 3 years. That this would be a 'no-brainer' as it were!

All i can say is, i hope these rumors are true and a high definition "enhanced" version of the classic Battlestar is planned down the road somewhere's.

KJ
Old October 15th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #5
monolith21
Squadron Leader

ya know I think it would be cool if they just did the movie version of the premier and went from there. That way they could load some extras on there and it wouldn't break the bank. Then if they chose to do the series it would be awesome!
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:39 PM   #6
Crashoveride
Shuttle Pilot

I asked a friend who I thought mentioned it to me, and he said he read it on-line a whille ago. A while ago being several years back now! But with the re-envisioned show doing so well, it might spark the interest of NBC-Universal.
Old October 16th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #7
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Re invisioned show doing so well with who?

I just watched another episode of Star Trek last night and the effects were awesome!
Old October 17th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #8
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Just a reminder to everyone, we're only talking about Classic Galactica, products and potential products derived from it and possible future stories that may someday be done, all discussion of the current SciFi channel reimaged show is best taken to other discussion boards.

Enhanced SFX added into the classic show could be very cool.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #9
Crashoveride
Shuttle Pilot

Do you think anyone has done a petition for a possible Special Enhanced BSG DVD?
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #10
monolith21
Squadron Leader

I haven't seen one. If you start one I'll sign it!

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein