Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 8th, 2003, 10:29 AM   #1
APinell
Bad Email Address

Question Question about the BSG DVD set

Hello, I bought the complete epic series DVD BSG set on 6 discs through Amazon.com. Actually gave in and bought a DVD player for this sole purpose, LOL!! Anyway, I watched the complete pilot episode ''Saga of a Star World'' and wanted to watch the commentary with Richard Hatch, Dirk Benedict and Herbert Jefferson, Jr. (I was actually looking forward to this even though I was dog tired last night) but when I hit enter it takes me back to the main menu. I can see all the other bonus features such as the deleted scenes, the interviews with Glen A. Larson and Stu Phillips on the musical score but not the commentary.

I read the reviews under Amazon and it doesn't seem like anyone else is having this problem. I'm going to try and contact Amazon and ask about exchanges since all they mention is returns. I was just hoping to check here if anyone else has bought this set and can tell me if I'm doing something wrong since I'm new to the DVD world.

Thanks in advance!
APinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2003, 11:07 AM   #2
Bijou88

Lightbulb

I think you need to go to languages section and click on the commentary by the three actors. Then play the pilot as you would regularly. I hope this helps!
Old November 8th, 2003, 12:41 PM   #3
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

You say you
Quote:
wanted to watch the commentary with Richard Hatch, Dirk Benedict and Herbert Jefferson, Jr
Specifically, I'm curious about your use of the word "watch."You are aware that an audio commentary is a seperate audio track running over the existing video correct? There is nothing new to watch, you just watch the movie with the commentary playing over it. After selecting it, you should be taken back to the main menu where you can hit "play." Alternatively you can hit the AUDIO button on your remote control to toggle between the two tracks.

Please forgive me if you're aware of all this and just used the word wrong. I'm not trying to condenscend but I do find some people new to DVDs who don't know what commentary is.

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2003, 12:42 PM   #4
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Welcome to Colonial Fleets APinell!!! Sorry, I can't help with the commentary as I haven't watched that part yet. After I do I will check back with ya.
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2003, 01:43 PM   #5
APinell
Bad Email Address

Thank You AlternityOrange!

You are absolutely correct. I didn't know that it was an audio commentary. I thought it was something that was included showing the actors and I could see what they look like now. That explains why it kept going back to the main menu. It was doing what it was meant to do. I guess I got a lot to learn about the DVD world!

I'm sure glad I asked here before I called Amazon, returned the box set and looked like a fool, LOL!!

Thanks again! I sure do appreciate it!

Now...back to the next episode!!

Thanks for the welcome too Muffit!!
APinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2003, 06:11 PM   #6
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Sorry I can't help with the commentary as my DVD's haven't arrived yet. But I am sure looking forward to seeing all of the episodes when I get them!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote