Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old April 25th, 2003, 07:08 AM   #1
jmk32
Just Lost My Cherry!

Exclamation Galactica prequal video game announced today

There's an article on Cinescape today about the new prequel Battlestar game:

Video Game News
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA prequel game announced
Set 20 years before the movie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dateline: Friday, April 25, 2003

By: PATRICK SAURIOL
By: News Editor
Source: IGN, The Hollywood Reporter

At a press conference yesterday Universal Interactive announced that it has a BATTLESTAR GALACTICA video game in development and slated for release in the fall of 2003. According to information obtained by IGN, the video game is set 40 years...sorry, I meant yahrens...before the destruction of the Twelve Colonies (as seen in the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA movie). Players will assume the role of Commander Adama, then just a Viper fighter pilot, assigned to protect the Galactica from Cylon attacks.

Since the game is set well before the film and TV series, all 12 Battlestars are still in operation and earlier models of the show's Vipers and Cylon Raiders will be seen. The story-driven missions will be varied, ranging from defensive patrols to all-out assaults. The game will be available for both the Sony PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Xbox consoles.

Here's the link: http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...1&obj_id=38429

Last edited by jmk32; April 25th, 2003 at 07:25 AM..
jmk32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2003, 07:45 AM   #2
Agelastus
Warrior

Surprising - it reads almost as if it's based on the original, not the Moore production.

I wonder if that can be right?
Old April 25th, 2003, 07:54 AM   #3
jmk32
Just Lost My Cherry!

I guess this way they can tread the line between the old fans, new fans, and still appeal to those diehard fans who keep talking about boycotting the re-imagining (which I'm not too keen on, but will give a shot if that's they only thing they give us after all these years).

All I can say is that it's about time for a BG game - they should have done this years ago. I'm sure it will be a big seller. And I just got a ps2 last month so I'm happy.
jmk32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2003, 08:03 AM   #4
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default PC Version

Any idea when they may come out with one. Playstation 2 is $200.00 and the game is around $45.00. I know I will not be buying either.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2003, 10:26 AM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by Agelastus
Surprising - it reads almost as if it's based on the original, not the Moore production.

I wonder if that can be right?
It was in the works longer ago than Moore's script. Different division of Uni.
Right hand is not on same body as left hand.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2003, 02:38 PM   #6
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

So is this game based on a Greene Adama or a Almos Adama?

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote