Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old April 20th, 2003, 06:34 PM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default Seven Days - a series before its time?

"We're going to undo that event"

The premise was simple. American owned a technology that would allow one man to go back in time seven days to undo catastrophic events.

There is an inherent tension in that premise. Something so horrible has happened that it warrants the use of the very precious and extrememly limited fuel supply. They only have seven days. Do they use that up investigating what happened? Or do they go back immediately to have as much time as possible to prevent the event?

The show wasn't perfect. It was light entertainment and didn't follow hard science. Sort of like how Airwolf helicopter could defy physics and break the sound barrier (helicopters can't do that in real life). And security chief Ramsey was too flat, much like Mash's Frank Burns.

But I think this should would do really well in a post-9/11 world. A hidden secret covert goverment agency who's sole purpose is to save us from the kind of events that seem alot more real than thy did five years ago when the show premiered.

This week they aired the pilot which involved a terrorist attack which used a plane loaded with nerve gas crashing into the white house to kill of the president and VP. The group was believed to be "The Sons of Saddam". And remember...this was aired in 1998!

The last one I sawwas about a religious fanatic who worked at a biowarfare research facility. He stole a sample and released the bio agent in an airport. Within a few days most of the world was infected and dying. Mass panics lead to vigilante arson of whole neighborhoods that showed the sickness.

Just seven days to save the world.

I'm glad TNN has revived this show.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2003, 11:23 AM   #2
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

I like that show, my mum even likes it. Over here they've only shown season one.

Didn't Kenneth Johnson do some writing on the show?

Regards,

Peter
Old April 21st, 2003, 01:52 PM   #3
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

only one season? that sucks. There were three. Though on the whole I think the first was the best.

I checked IMDB.com. And Johnson is listed as a writer for the show. but I don't know which episodes.

Old April 24th, 2003, 05:48 PM   #4
nightscape2112
Warrior

yea, ramsey was a dead character.

todays episode was the one with the russian guy that came back into the past(our present) 33 years. he wanted to steal a core device and to kill the scientist(cant remember his name)

i hope they do bring the show back with new episodes, that would be fun to watch. if they do i hope they keep the original characters.

and i pray that the sci-fi channel does not re-imagine that show.

nightsacpe
Stay here and listen to the nightmares of the sea.

And the music plays on, as the bride passes by
Caught by his spell and the mariner tells his tale.

taken from "the rime of the ancient mariner" by iron maiden
nightscape2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:11 PM   #5
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

that would be bad!

I wish I would have caught that episode. The forum demanded alot of maintenance so I missed it.

Ballard is the scientist I think you are talking about.

I think Ramsey is okay at times. When he is written as a believable character he is really good. The actor was very charismatic in From the Earth to the Moon. But when he is playing a flat 2d jerk, it quickly gets tiresome.