Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Muffit's Musings
Notices
Muffit's Musings Dedicated to our dear Muffit.
Post poetry, things of friendship and other things
that brighten your day in a personal way.

Old May 12th, 2005, 06:50 PM   #1
Breea
Bad Email Address

Default If Heaven

Something I really want to share with you..It's by Gretchen Peters

If Heaven

If heaven was an hour it would be twlight
When fireflies start their dancing on the lawn
And supper's on the stove and mam's laughin'
And everybody's working day is done.

If heaven was a town it would be my town
On a summer day in 1985
And everything I wanted was out there waiting
and everybody I loved was still alive.

Don't cry a tear for me now, baby
Comes a time we all must say goodbye
And if that's what heavens made of
You know I, I ain't afraid to die.

If heaven was a pie it would be cherry
Cool and sweet and heavy on the tongue
And just one bite would satisfy your hunger
And there's always be enough for everyone.

If heaven was a train it would be a fast one
To take this weary traveler around the bend
and if heaven was a tear it would be my last one
And you'd be in my arms again.
Breea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:21 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

That's neat Breea. Thanks for sharing it.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 10:55 PM   #3
Haveke

Battlestar Galactica 1978

I've Found Country Songs these Days to Be Very Inspirational to Me...

Many Songs Have Given Each Of Us Comfort, and the Strength to Go On in this Long Crazy, Wild Ride We Like To Call Life...

One Of My Personal Favorites is Tim McGraw: Live Like You Were Dying ... Just Recently I Was Faced With Something that Might Be Life Threatening... I was Told I Had Had a Heart Attack... (I Only Turned 37 Back in March) This Hit Me Really Hard... I Lost My Father 24 Years Ago to Heart Attacks.

I Went & Had a Heart Cather Done, and Then Had a Follow Up Doctor's Appointment just the Other Day... (BTW Had Heart Procedure Done on the 2nd) They Found NO Out I Did Not Have a Heart Attack, and I Have No Blockage of the Arteries... However they Did Find Some Minor Damage to One of My Valves... (Slight Leakage)

If I Can Find The Courage to Face Something Like This... Anyone Can ...

I Wanted to Let You Know How Inspiring Your Posts Have Been to Me... Just Reading Them Always Manages to Put a Smile of this Old War Daggit's Face!

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Missions.. We're Coming Back!

Always Stay With Your Wingman

Thats Right, You Got The Cylon.... But You Managed to Get Me Too...
Old May 13th, 2005, 03:32 AM   #4
bsg1fan1975
Major

Wink

yes country music has some very deep meanings. My hubby listened to very little country music before we met and now he listens to it more often. Incidentally the song that Breea mewntioned above is sung by Andy Griggs.

One of my favorite songs is from a movie. It was the opening theme to "Gods and Generals" called "Going Home" by Mary Fahl. It makes me think that we are all on a journey in life.

I also live by some advice that has been handed down from my grandparents, "Never go to bed angry at your spouse. Always say I love you and I'm sorry because you never know what is going to happen."

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2005, 03:45 AM   #5
Haveke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975
yes country music has some very deep meanings. My hubby listened to very little country music before we met and now he listens to it more often. another country song that gives you a deep meaning is Garth Brooks' "If Tommorrow Never Comes". It speaks to your heart and lets you see what is in the mind of the one you are closest too.

I also live by some advice that has been handed down from my grandparents, "Never go to bed angry at your spouse. Always say I love you and I'm sorry because you never know what is going to happen."
Yeah, Good 'Ole Garth (Back Home They Just Call Me Garth) Brooks is Another Fine Example of Emotional Country Songs.

Sounds Like Your Grandparents Gave You Good Advice There... If a Song Can Cause Me to Have Gooseflesh, then I Rate it as Really Good. Sometimes You'll Run Across Songs that Just Make you Want to Have a Good 'Ole Cry... Well, Sometimes Tears Can Help to Wash Away the Hurt & Help to Give the Soul a Real Morale Boost.

"Become the Kind Of Friend a Friend Would Want to have"--Tim McGraw

My Aunt Told Us This (Before She Died) Always Tell Your Family YOU LOVE Them. She Wanted us all to Learn How get along (Put Aside past Differences & Become Close Once Again... I Gave Her MY PROMISE TO DO THIS... and I am a Man Of Honor; My WORD is My BOND)

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Mission... We're Coming Back!
Old May 13th, 2005, 11:04 AM   #6
bsg1fan1975
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haveke
Yeah, Good 'Ole Garth (Back Home They Just Call Me Garth) Brooks is Another Fine Example of Emotional Country Songs.

Sounds Like Your Grandparents Gave You Good Advice There... If a Song Can Cause Me to Have Gooseflesh, then I Rate it as Really Good. Sometimes You'll Run Across Songs that Just Make you Want to Have a Good 'Ole Cry... Well, Sometimes Tears Can Help to Wash Away the Hurt & Help to Give the Soul a Real Morale Boost.

"Become the Kind Of Friend a Friend Would Want to have"--Tim McGraw

My Aunt Told Us This (Before She Died) Always Tell Your Family YOU LOVE Them. She Wanted us all to Learn How get along (Put Aside past Differences & Become Close Once Again... I Gave Her MY PROMISE TO DO THIS... and I am a Man Of Honor; My WORD is My BOND)

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Mission... We're Coming Back!

Yes they were very wise. They were married for over 50 years till Gramps was killed in a car accident on Valentines Day in '91. Grams didn't say goodbye but that she loved him and she would see him again someday.

Same here with certain songs. You may find this funny but "Going Home" I walked down the aisle to last year when I got married. As my parents walked me down I actually cried because it made it feel like I had found my own way home.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #7
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Default A Little Offering

Quote:
Dust

By Rupert Brooke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the white flame in us is gone,
And we that lost the world's delight
Stiffen in darkness, left alone
To crumble in our separate night;

When your swift hair is quiet in death,
And through the lips corruption thrust
Has still'd the labour of my breath -
When we are dust, when we are dust !

Not dead, not undesirous yet,
Still sentient, still unsatisfied,
We'll ride the air, and shine, and flit,
Around the places where we died,

And dance as dust before the sun,
And light of foot and unconfined,
Hurry from road to road, and run
About the errands of the wind.

And every mote, on earth or air,
Will speed and gleam, down later days,
And like a secret pilgrim fare
By eager and invisible ways,

Nor ever rest, nor ever lie,
Till, beyond thinking, out of view,
One mote of all the dust that's I
Shall meet one atom that was you.

Then in some garden hush'd from wind,
Warm in a sunset's afterglow,
The lovers in the flowers will find
A sweet and strange unquiet grow

Upon the peace; and, past desiring,
So high a beauty in the air,
And such a light, and such a quiring,
And such a radiant ecstasy there,

They'll know not if it's fire, or dew,
Or out of earth, or in the height,
Singing, or flame, or scent, or hue,
Or two that pass, in light, to light,

Out of the garden, higher, higher. . . .
But in that instant they shall learn
The shattering ecstasy of our fire,
And the weak passionless hearts will burn

And faint in that amazing glow,
Until the darkness close above;
And they will know - poor fools, they'll know!
One moment, what it is to love.

About the author;

Rupert Brooke (1887-1915) was educated at Rugby school, where his father was a housemaster and later won a scholarship to Kings College Cambridge where he spent 5 years. He began to publish poems in journals in 1909, and also contributed work to the first and second volumes of 'Georgian Poetry', edited by his friend E.Marsh (see our poem 'The Wind' by Harold Monro who was the publisher of these works). In 1914 he was commissioned in the Royal Navy and after seeing action at the defence of Antwerp, spent his Christmas leave at home where he wrote five sonnets, including 'The Soldier' ('If I should die...). In 1915 Brookes was dispatched to the Dardanelles, but died of blood poisoning on the way and was buried in Scyros in the Northern Aegean. Winston Churchill,then First Lord of the Admiralty, described him as being 'all that one would wish England's noblest sons to be'.

D.
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #8
Haveke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975
Yes they were very wise. They were married for over 50 years till Gramps was killed in a car accident on Valentines Day in '91. Grams didn't say goodbye but that she loved him and she would see him again someday.

Same here with certain songs. You may find this funny but "Going Home" I walked down the aisle to last year when I got married. As my parents walked me down I actually cried because it made it feel like I had found my own way home.
Another Really Inspirational Country Song that Comes to as I Read You Previous Post in Collin Raye's "Don't Wait Up For Me" .

I Offer this to You: 3 Simple Red Roses... 1 for For Gramps, 1 for Your Grams, and Finally 1 For YOU... to Help Show Your Eternal For Them.

Gotta Go On Patrol...

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Mission...We're Coming Back!