Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old June 5th, 2003, 10:35 AM   #1
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

Default Unbelievable

Check this out

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...6/03/12.00.sfc This is the quality of shows now on SciFi. :bash: :thumbdwn:
GalacticanCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2003, 12:15 PM   #2
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Can you say cheep!
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2003, 06:34 AM   #3
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Well, it will be the death of the Sci-Fi channel and they are digging their own graves......the only thing saving them is right now is Stargate.....but I'm sure Bonnie will change that.
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2003, 01:38 PM   #4
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Definitely Stargate is the one that have them still in the picture. That is why they showing all their other stupid programs with it or getting ads of them in it. Since next friday Stargate will be surrounded by the stupid Tremors and Scare Tactics. And of course in the premiere we see the bombing of ads from the BG mini and this two programs.

Thas was the only stupid thing during the Stargate premiere.

Krystal :p
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2003, 03:23 PM   #5
Guinan

Agreed. The only good show Sci Fi has right now is Stargate...
Old July 2nd, 2003, 11:38 PM   #6
Senmut
Strike Leader

Can anyone say "deck chairs on the Titanic ?
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2003, 10:02 AM   #7
Shatter
Bad Email Address

The programming decisions at Sci-Fi are becoming more and more baffling. They pull Farscape, but then pour money into nine more episodes of landfill material like Scare Tactics? How could anyone be surprised if they collapse?
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2003, 04:45 PM   #8
une
Shuttle Pilot

Hey, don't talk about Tremors, I like Tremors.

Scare Tactics is crap though. I could see watching it the first few episodes, but after that it got real old real fast.
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.
HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
une is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2003, 05:34 PM   #9
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I can't believe that Universal can't see how Ms. Hammer is pulling down the Sci-Fi channel...She had the Flinstones on last week...tell me what the hell was that about! Now she has pulled Stargate off on the weeknights for John Edwards? There is something else going on there for sure.....I wish I could have her job....I'd bring back the true Sci-Fi shows.....HEAR THAT VINDI?
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2003, 06:52 PM   #10
une
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
I can't believe that Universal can't see how Ms. Hammer is pulling down the Sci-Fi channel...She had the Flinstones on last week...tell me what the hell was that about! Now she has pulled Stargate off on the weeknights for John Edwards? There is something else going on there for sure.....I wish I could have her job....I'd bring back the true Sci-Fi shows.....HEAR THAT VINDI?
I can understand them showing the Flinstone movie. The Flinstone movie is a fantasy movie, and the Sci Fi channel has from the start been more of a genre channel than a pure sci fi channel.

The whole John Edwards thing though... ugh... Where to start. I think it's safe to say that if anyone else was running the sci fi channel it'd have a hell of a lot more quality shows.
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.
HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
une is offline   Reply With Quote