Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old September 4th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default the road warrior meets the goonies

I was out of town this weekend (in Louisville, Ky.) and so didn't have access to the local TV schedule. On one of the local channels (not a cable channel) I caught the second half of the best family movie I've seen in a very long time. I have no idea what the name of it was (its name was never mentioned during commercial breaks), and hope that one of you knows what this is.
It looked fairly recent. It was based on a true story about a group of misfit Hawaiian kids who build a solar powered car and enter it in a race across Australia. The adults were played by Halle Berry, Jim Belushi and Martin Milner. I looked up all three of them on the imdb and couldn't find any listing remotely resembling what this movie was. It was kind of a cross between The Road Warrior and The Goonies.
Even though I saw only the second half of this film, I was impressed enough by it to want to buy it on VHS or DVD. What was I watching?
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2006, 03:30 AM   #2
Galactifan
Warrior

"Race the Sun" (1996)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117427/
Galactifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:53 AM   #3
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default movie title

Thank you! I shall have to go buy a copy now.
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote