Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 5th, 2003, 12:05 PM   #1
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Here's a Funny Thing.

Sad to say this will probably come fall on many deaf ears.

Its come to my attention that we should consider the POSSIBILITY (yes, note this is just a possibility at the moment) that the recent return of Larson supporters might not be Larson supporters at all.

In fact, the handles formerly used by Larson supporters that wandered off a couple of years ago may have been cloned by Milty and company. If true, this explains why they reacted with such faked "outrage" when Vince was stopped from hijacking my FTP server and why they sing the Milton party line while simultanously allowing the Neos to claim to be totally innocent of any wrong doing. This also explains why these Larson supporters are more pro-Moore than the Neos seem to be these days and why the Neos seem to know more about them than anyone reasonably should.

It also explains why the Neos jumped in and encouraged us to "support the Larson project". This was a diversion for us to get us sidetracked away from the RDM mini. If this proves to be true, I'd say its another example of a fabricated fanbase tossed on the scene to cause trouble and confuse thing even more. That would make me doubt the validity of the RDM fanbase even more since we have a prime example of at least one group of faked fans from the same circle that has been accused of faking fans all along.

Amazing how all of this always comes back to Milton.

For the record, I haven't tracked down the 2-year old handles and seen which ones might have been cloned with underscores, "I"s to "L"s, and the other clone tricks we've seen in the past. However, I have to admit this does fit ALL of the facts I know and does also explain the whys behind a lot of strange conduct in the past couple of weeks. It also explains why nobody outside of the Larson supporters (who seemed to gravitate to Milton's circle for some strange reason) has heard anything about a Larson revival effort.

We should keep this possibility in mind from now on when dealing with these guys -- at least until this is proven one way or another.

Two-Brain
Old May 5th, 2003, 12:09 PM   #2
crash4587
Bad Email Address

Question I gotta agree with you

Why after all this time have the Larson folks, reappeared?
crash4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 01:02 PM   #3
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default It Scares Me

On the one hand we have a mini that stinks from the get go and then there is hope on the other that Glen will ride to the recue with a continuation ie after Hand of God. Both could be considered bad because it means no Dirk or Richard.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 02:33 PM   #4
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Right, and here's a thought- they have gottem wind somehow that Larson may be planning something we will like, and are trying use cclones and liesto put out a negative spin to bias us before the real facts come out.

Remember the famous prequel poll, which was "never about a prequel"?
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 02:38 PM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by Micheleh
Right, and here's a thought- they have gottem wind somehow that Larson may be planning something we will like, and are trying use cclones and liesto put out a negative spin to bias us before the real facts come out.

Remember the famous prequel poll, which was "never about a prequel"?

I remember reading a post by Michael that said prequel would lead to a continuation. I believe Michael is 100% on the money.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #6
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Well, SciFiProphecy did some research and posted it on the SFC Board ...

"Date: 05/05/2003

...and there does indeed seem to be variations of the supposed pro-Moore Larson fans from the video game/FTP site thread. However, I couldn't find a single handle that was exactly the same from the pages I checked.
Here are some examples (Archive - reply in FTP site thread):
Lt_ChouDi - Cpt_ChouDi
Cmdr_Adama - CMDR_Adama
cmdrcain - cmdr_cain
Brie - lt_brie
Now, any and all of these COULD be a conincidence, or the user forgetting the password and getting a new similar handle. Or I could have missed the pages they posted first on. Then again, it does fit the pattern, coincidence or not. "

Personally, I'm a big believer in statistical analysis. When you calculate the odds of:

That many folks changing their login but coming back under the same name
... AND then coming back at the same time
... AND all rushing over to the Neos for an alliance while all ignoring the Retros circles they would normally associate with
... AND all deciding to support the RDM vision even though it conflicts with everything they fought for so far
... AND all of them being outraged over the fake video game crisis
... AND them all coincidentally trying to convince us to just give the RDM show a chance, etc.

The odds start getting pretty far out pretty quick. I think the principle of Occum's Razor applies here.

Folks, I think we have a fake band of Larson supporters created by the Neos.

Two-Brain
Old May 5th, 2003, 03:54 PM   #7
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Considering all of them followed essentially the same message pattern;

1. Accuse "You lied"

2. Origin "I'm a Hatch/Larson Fan"

3. Excuse "I don't post here much but I'm back now"

4. Promote "The new mini looks good"

5. Accuse again "You lied"

Yeah, I'd say it's fairly safe to say they're all the same person who looked at the archives and registered similar handles to long gone posters. You'd think he could at least vary the pattern a little.

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 06:27 PM   #8
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Do you really believe that Milton would stoop this low?

I tried reasoning with Choudi at the Cylon Alliance.

http://www.cylon.org/phpBB2/viewtopi...b3097cb798777d

He is either very resentful towards the entire BSG fandom and is hell bent on revenge because of the past actions of Hatch supporters.

Or is very stupid for putting his trust in Milton.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote