Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 27th, 2004, 08:30 AM   #1
The One
Bad Email Address

Default Only ONE BOOMER and she is a CYLON

Well, after reading Ron D. Moore's interview conducted by Farvoyager on January 26th, 2004...the question about Boomer discovering that she is a Cylon and her relationship with Tyrol...

I was right when I said that there was only ONE BOOMER!

Someone posted under the thread I started (Boomer revealed too soon as a Cylon) that there were TWO BOOMERS. One human and One Cylon...a clone...

That is not true...and I don't know where this person got their information from.

I thought that maybe I missed something in the mini-series but I didn't...which is exactly what I am talking about...when someone comes up with an idea and posts it as the *truth*...not sure where this person got the idea of the fleshbot!

I started second guessing myself because I didn't want to assume that I was correct because I don't do that but this person claimed to have known just how he'/she wrote and addressed my thread...MY MISTAKE FOR BELIEVING IT! Yikes!

I guess you can get technical and say their are TWO BOOMERS within the one...the human side and the Cylon side...like the idea of the Angel and the Devil within an individual...the inner struggle...the conflict of finding out the truth about who you are...interesting!

There are NO FLESHBOTS...Like the idea but apparently, if there are only 12 Cylons...you are either human or a Cylon...and no clones as of now...I guess a clone could be incorporated into the series if Ron feels need be...

Anyways, I would have asked the question to Ron about this which was indeed asked...and he responded that this is an interesting question...

If the series gets picked up, I will be interested in seeing how Ron fleshes out this story element...and what will transpire out of it...
The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2004, 08:40 AM   #2
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Well, I don't think it is necessarily wrong for any of the various flavors of fans to engage in wishful thinking.
Someone even rejected the idea that 6 actually killed the baby.

And about the Cylons, is that 12 Cylon human copies, or is it 12 models of different kinds of Cylons? Fewer than 12 human style copies were shown, but that might not be the meaning of 12 Cylon models. It seems more likely that there are 12 styles in service, and there are many more kinds yet to be potentially introduced.

Last edited by Darth Marley; January 27th, 2004 at 09:56 AM..
Darth Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:17 AM   #3
Dennis
Bad Email Address

There are twelve models of Cylons. The Boomer aboard Galactica and the Boomer we see in the final scene are obviously not the same person, any more than the Number Six who dies aboard the Armistice Station is the same as the one who's screwing Baltar and killing babies.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #4
The One
Bad Email Address

Default Re: One Boomer

Well, not accordiing to Ron D. Moore...but I wondered about how the hell the Boomer at the end showed up out of nowhere...Beats me...

I WILL HAVE TO GO BACK AND RE-READ RON D. MOORE'S ANSWER WHEN ASKED ABOUT BOOMER BEING A CYLON...

I will get back to this thread!

Maybe there is a flaw that has been overlooked!? (shrugs)
Old January 27th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #5
Bombadil

Weren't there several copies of each Cylon in the final scene at Ragnar, except for Boomer? (I'll have to recheck my tape tonight). That struck me as a plot discrepancy. Number 6 stated that if she were killed, her consciousness would just come back in another identical body. That implies only one #6 at a time. Multiple #6's messes that statement up.

Speculation: each individual Cylon at Ragnar is a separate "model", so all 12 "models" were present. (Were there 12 individuals there? Gotta check that tape.). I hope this is not true, 'cause it strikes me as being just a little bit dumb. On the other hand, if there are 12 different models, and each model has multiple copies, how hard could it be to post a photo of each model as it is identified and captured, and circulate that photo among the remaining 50,000 humans. It's too easy, like the writer didn't really think it through carefully. Or else I am missing something important.
(Nah, that couldn't be it.)
:tongue:
Old January 27th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #6
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I wouldn't worry about it.

what is canon is malleable as long as the show is being produced.

Any writer can plug up a plot contradiction by having a character say "...But that (new piece of information) means everything we believed was wrong!"

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2004, 01:32 PM   #7
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Well, I had originally assumed that 12 flavors of human style Cylons was the word.
I have been persuaded that the view should be 12 models of Cylon, and the human flavors, regardless of who they look like, are all part of one "model."
Just my interpretation, maybe we shall see clarification later.
Old January 27th, 2004, 03:20 PM   #8
Dennis
Bad Email Address

I don't know how anyone got "two boomers" out of RDM's remarks:

Quote:
RM: And what happens when Boomer realizes who she is, too?

BG2003: Yeah, now, Boomer, being loyal to the Galactica, as the human side of her, but then what happens if she wakes up and finds out she is a Cylon?

RM: Yeah I mean that will be a fascinating moment.

BG2003: Would she like, you know ...fly away and kill herself...or?

RM: Well, there’s a lot of ways we could go with that. And that one, that one I have not decided in my mind.
Moore talks about Boomer "realizing who she is" (a Cylon) and agrees that this will create a conflict with her human loyalties.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2004, 04:40 PM   #9
Antelope

Default Cylon Models

Nothing is proven for sure on what is meant by 12 models. Most people assume it is either that there are 12 models to include the various machine cylons and the various types of human cylons or the more commonly believed notion that there are 12 types of human-cylons. We will just have to wait and see.

I would take whatever Moore says publicly with a grain of salt when it comes to future plot development. After reading some of his interviews and viewing what he does versus what he says I believe he has a good idea of what he is doing and where he is going but is coy with the audience because the speculation only helps to improve ratings. He also sells "concepts" that sound deeper than they are in reality.

I think Boomer knows she is a cylon. I think Moore is fooling the audience until this fact is revealed at a later time in the event a series is made. I also speculate Boxey is a human-cylon and that Boomer's "job" during the war was to pick Boxey and Baltar up.

Moore says he really hasn't seen much of TOS. I think he has watched them all plus BSG1980. Moore is no dummy and he isn't showing his cards to the TOS fandom.

By the way for people who never watched BSG1980:
Human-cylons first hit the TV in BSG1980 not the mini. This is not a "reimagined" concept.
Old January 27th, 2004, 09:33 PM   #10
The One
Bad Email Address

Actually, my asumption is that Ron Moore doesn't really know exactly where he is taking this idea of "Boomer" being a Cylon, but in response to the question asked, he had to say something so he doesn't look like a fool...

It is obvious that he is an intelligent individual because he had some pretty awesome ideas incorporated in the mini-series!

I was impressed...

I am sure that he has a rough idea but is making things up as he goes along...

...and is probably getting ideas from fan postings as fans analyze the hell out of SCI FI shows...and there are some great ideas cropping up on these boards!

I am sure he checks them out!

It amazes me how smart some of you people are! Very creative indeed! Kudos!
Old January 29th, 2004, 12:28 AM   #11
The One
Bad Email Address