Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old September 7th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Superman DVD Collection trailer WITH THE S2 DONNER CUT FOOTAGE!

Finally after all these years of waiting and writing letters and petitioning, it all pays off as this November won't be a dream after all! It's on its way.

View the Superman DVD collection trailer clip here at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi66Vhh_uP4

http://www.totaleclips.com/player/Sp...&affliateid=-1

Download it from here at...

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...1B6C0B3F514C0C

Just like the Galactica DVD's a few short years ago, who'd have thought we'd be seeing this released at all and made into Donner's intended vision. Art on the DVD covers is a bit of a joke i know (fans always produce better looking stuff) but as long as these new DVD's are packed with all new bonuses, its time to double dip on Superman's 1 and 2 again. And of course Superman 4 along with all the supposed deleted footage from that film as supplements on that DVD and all.

November's looking good!

KJ
Old September 8th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #2
KJ
Strike Leader

And fan trailers are already up i see?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpXUV8c4Ugw&NR

Still when do we get the DVD art for the Donner S2 cut eh.

KJ
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #3
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

I think my name will be on one of those boxed sets.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this, KJ.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 02:25 AM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

Sure thing!

It gonna be a loooooooooong two months further still, but it'll be worth it! Once its out i'll have to organise friends coming over to watch it on my big ass brand new 5.1 surround sound dolby digital home cinema system! (DTS with amp and all ) Time to get those hogdogs, popcorn, drinks, jellybabies and more food the whole works. Its going to be one hell of a party when the Superman 2 Donner cut finally hits us all!

I'm betting many people (and thats an understatement) are looking forward to this thing being released in late November moreso than Superman Returns coming out on DVD around the same time!

Better plan to get both along with Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles this November too. Man, all this and a new 007 James Bond movie in cinemas. Can November 2006 get any better than this already? Only way to top this, is if Glen Larson announces any plans for a epic Battlestar Galactica continuation movie in some big media event, before the end of December 2006? Cos those 18 months are nearly up, come on Glen make us believe in you its not too late!

KJ
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #5
evil_genius_180
Warrior

They've gotta stop doing this to me! I have the 4 previously released Superman DVDs. Now there's one with even more footage than the director's cut of Superman? Seriously, I'm not rich, people.
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #6
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180
They've gotta stop doing this to me! I have the 4 previously released Superman DVDs. Now there's one with even more footage than the director's cut of Superman? Seriously, I'm not rich, people.

I feel the pain. Remember, though, that's the business of Hollywood (and any other business, for that matter) -- to fashion a way of getting money out of your pocket and into theirs.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #7
KJ
Strike Leader

Now now BST lets not give George Lucas any more ideas to grab our money!

This month also sees his original unaltered Star Wars trilogy hit DVD, with few extras and no remastered print of the movies etc. And then there's 2007 next year which also happens to be Star Wars 30th anniversary year. Wonder what Lucasfilm will do to celebrate it, gee on the originals anniversary no less not the special editions?

Kinda funny how morals go out the window in business huh. Good business doesn't screw anybody over and everyone's happy, business is a dirty word to many believe me. Cos i here enough B.S. from shop dealers i know when i go shopping for DVD's in my local places. Prices are high, studio re-release titles trying to force you to double dip, and lets face it with a new format upgrade in the form of HD-DVD and Blue Ray discs some people who bought the early home cinemas systems that can't receive hi-def signals on their TV's and are basically analogue junkies (even those with pre-scart socket TV's), are so screwed so they'll have to buy another set up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180
I feel your pain too! I have the first release of the first two Superman movies plus Warner Brothers deluxe Superman: The Movie DVD boxset with poster and lobby cards etc. But i gotta admit with the latest turn in technology with HD-DVD Blue-Ray discs And the announcement that the new Superman movies are coming out on them. I can't say i'm pissed off either though. Long as i'm getting the donner cut, Superman 4 and Superman Returns i'm happy.

I'm just not sure about the 1940's cartoons and several Superman George Reeves serials coming out on the same discs as the Christopher Reeve's Superman movies cos there's no need for them to be there is all. I ain't rich, but i'm smart. The PAL region 2 DVD's might provide a better picture but the NTSC region 1's will be 14 or so discs over the U.K.'s 9 disc set (as the news goes on this thing so far) I might go hi-def when they're out so who knows really.

At least Warners isn't too shy with the extra features when they decide to get fans and average joes to "double dip". And the major thing here is, fans want this thing BADLY. Lucas can't say the same considering all the times Star Wars has been dipped with multiple home video releases on all formats! That and some of us fans have the Superman extended TV versions with even more footage. Lucasfilm can re-release Star Wars for the next 20 years and you still won't get all the extras that they possess at the Skywalker Ranch.

You've got time now to decide and save up so don't worry. But yeah i understand the money issues, but once i knew it was finally the Donner cut of S2 coming out! Yup i want the official thing in my hands, no torrent downloaded file for me for this particular baby. Sometimes you've just gotta have the real official title in your collection. Even if you have to spend a little wisely to get it.

KJ
Old September 9th, 2006, 09:50 PM   #8
evil_genius_180
Warrior

Don't even get me started on George Lucas. I have all 6 movies in their first DVD releases and won't buy whatever other versions they bring out. That will probably be the case with the Superman movies. I still haven't bought the 2-disc versions of the Star Trek movies because I bought the first versions and I'm happy enough with them. The only one I might eventually buy is the director's cut of Star Trek 2, because it has more footage.
Old September 11th, 2006, 11:10 PM   #9
Galactifan
Warrior

I'll definitely be buying ALL of those new Superman DVD's!!!
Galactifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #10
KJ
Strike Leader

Same here. But i may have to design my own covers when i get'em though. What is Warner Brothers thinking releasing those poorly conceived covers for Superman.

They should stop having 5 year olds do their DVD covers and hire fans with more heart and passion who'd produce better looking goods for everyone who happens love these classic movies!

KJ
Old September 12th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #11
evil_genius_180
Warrior

Yeah, I agree about WB and thier crappy DVD covers. I have few movies I need to do custom covers for.
Old September 21st, 2006, 04:06 PM   #12
KJ
Strike Leader

However the donner cut covers released today look good enough with a little mystery thrown in!

Love the back by the way with the 3 villains and Donner in there.

THE VERSION YOU'VE NEVER SEEN!

Front Cover.

Back.

Can't wait!

This remaining month and October better fly by real fast!

KJ
Old September 24th, 2006, 09:47 AM   #13
KJ
Strike Leader

SPOILER WARNING...

Superman 2 Richard Donner cut opening sequence at the Daily Planet....

Do no click on this link if you don't want to be spoiled! You've been warned!

http://trailers.warnerbros.com/web/s...issuspects.asx

Enjoy!

KJ
Old October 24th, 2006, 01:46 AM   #14
KJ
Strike Leader

Soon, every day draws nearer to when the Donner cut of Superman 2 is finally out!

Unlike the revived Robotech Shadow Chronicles DVD, the date hasn't changed yet, so far.

I can't wait!

KJ
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:54 AM   #15
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason
Soon, every day draws nearer to when the Donner cut of Superman 2 is finally out!

Unlike the revived Robotech Shadow Chronicles DVD, the date hasn't changed yet, so far.

I can't wait!
KJ -

I know that both you and I are on pins and needles waiting for this DVD.....!

Cheers,

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 10:51 AM   #16
KJ
Strike Leader

Yeah, 29 days to go till November 28th when the Superman Boxset DVD's hit shelves.

KJ