Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 11th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #1
CaptainHawke
Warrior

Default Galactica 1980 comics series?

I was tooling around the 'net as I often do and I came across this little tidbit of info:

In 2009 Dynamite Entertainment released a Galactica 1980 comic series, written by Marc Guggenheim which was a re-imagining of the original Galactica 1980 series.

My response is "Pics, or it didn't happen!!!" Can anyone actually find copies of this said series?
CaptainHawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 07:19 AM   #2
137th Gebirg
Warrior

Default Re: Galactica 1980 comics series?

It came and went without much notice. My comic store never managed to find copies for my subscription, and I think the only place you can find them is on eBay now.

Spoiler

The details I heard were from some time ago, and third-hand, I think Dr. Z was some demented scientist type who was trying to transfer his consciousness into the body of a child (hence the child Dr. Z) and was manipulating Adama into doing what he wanted. As I understand it, Adama decides to land Galactica in front of the White House, to make contact with Earth, which ends up in an extreme version of Day the Earth Stood Still, culminating in the launching of nukes onto the Galactica by Jimmy Carter because of a panicked citizenry, thinking it was some kind of Soviet attack on D.C. or something like that. I'm sure it's probably written better than I'm recounting it, but that's the gist that I remember hearing about.
Old December 12th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #3
dah66
Warrior

I read it when it was out and found it to be rather bizarre. The story was very dark, but the artwork didn't match the mood, it seemed like something from an 80's cartoon show, and Adama to me looked like a blue suited Santa that wanted to commit suicide. Throw in Jimmy Carter and flying motorcycles and the result is a cautionary tale on why comic book writers shouldn't take drugs.
dah66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #4
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y4WBQFVM

>cough<
Old December 13th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #5
CaptainHawke
Warrior

It says "file unavailable"
Old December 13th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #6
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

http://www.mediafire.com/?npxiq02olfub7n8
Old December 13th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #7
CaptainHawke
Warrior

Thank you... It worked!!
Old December 13th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #8
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Wow just read that, What a steaming pile!

Looks like it was written around 2008 or 2009 i guess? Honestly the original G80 was better than that. And to replace the Galactica with the "Right" ship at the end, being a NuBSG style battlestar made me almost throw up!

Thanks for the link though, I like to look at something crappy sometimes to keep a perspective on how much better other things are.

And Jimmy Carter would have never had the stones to nuke the Galactica and then the Russians, he would have pee'd his pants and then collapsed into a catatonic trance.
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #9
Norsehound
Shuttle Pilot

I read the premise on the Galactia Wiki.

Seems like the TNS fans attempting to make G80 better but keeping the visual styles of TOS with as much as they can remember.

Obviously this means more grimdark and a downer ending.
Norsehound is offline   Reply With Quote