Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 5th, 2004, 08:04 AM   #91
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
Gaelen, I certainly know how you feel. I'm 31 and have finally (in the past year or so) decided that I would like to settle down with a nice guy and have a child or two. Now I just have to ffind the nice guy, which is a more difficult task than I thought.

Until then, I will have a little niece or nephew to spoil this Septwember (which might be more fun as I can spoil him or her and then return him or her when she is bad! Hey, my aunts did it with me, that's what aunties are for!) My sister (half sister, actually, we have the same mother, but we are very close even though we grew up in separate homes) just found out a few weeks ago and we are all so excited because it will be the first child born in my mother's family since my cousin was born 16 years ago!

As for waiting till you're older, that's a personal choice. Everyone is ready at a different time. My mother was shocked discover at the age of 17 that it really did only take just one time to get pregnant. We ended up raising each other, which is not a healthy thing. We are close now, but it was a long and hard road to that place and I swore I would never do that to a child.

But, 'nuff about me. It's funny, we were having the same "I can't find any nice men/women with similar interests" discussion on a Star Trek list I belong to just last week! Maybe us singletons should start a SciFi singles Yahoo group and commiserate with each other!
I think that you have alot of character .............. I think the singles scifi group is
a good Idea

By the way you are right .................waiting or not waiting till you're older to
have a child is a personal choice.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2004, 08:05 AM   #92
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Waiting or not waiting to have a child is a choice only YOU can make.
People can tell you what they think .........but in the end that choice
belongs to YOU and you alone.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote