Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old April 14th, 2004, 09:48 PM   #1
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

Default Ladies vs real women

I got this at work and I just died laughing! I had to share it with my fellow female warriors and those that love them!

Subject: Ladies vs. Real Women

Ladies - If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant "fix-me-up."

Real Women - If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too damn bad.

Please recite with me, The Real Women's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes."

Ladies - Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
Real Women - Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink. You might still have the headache, but who cares?

Ladies - Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.
Real Women - Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake. You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it anyway.

Ladies - To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
Real Women - Buy boxed mashed potato mix and keep it in the pantry for up to a year.

Ladies - When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the inside of the cake.

Real Women - Go to the bakery - they'll even decorate it for you.

Ladies - Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
Real Women - Sara Lee frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust, so I just don't do it.

Ladies - If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dish washing gloves. They give a non slip grip that makes opening jars easy.

Real Women - Go ask the very cute neighbor guy to do it.

And, finally, the most important tip:

Ladies - Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
Real Women - Leftover wine??

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2004, 12:36 AM   #2
kitty
Bad Email Address

Wink

LOL :laugh:
kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2004, 03:38 AM   #3
bsg1fan1975
Major

rotflmao. How true!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2004, 08:30 AM   #4
kat

wonderful
Old April 17th, 2004, 07:09 PM   #5
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I kind of straddle that line, there....

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 07:17 PM   #6
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJedi
I got this at work and I just died laughing! I had to share it with my fellow female warriors and those that love them!

Ladies - If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant "fix-me-up."

Real Women - If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too damn bad.

Please recite with me, The Real Women's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes."

Ladies - Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
Real Women - Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink. You might still have the headache, but who cares?

Ladies - Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.
Real Women - Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake. You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it anyway.

Ladies - To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
Real Women - Buy boxed mashed potato mix and keep it in the pantry for up to a year.

Ladies - When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the inside of the cake.

Real Women - Go to the bakery - they'll even decorate it for you.

Ladies - Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
Real Women - Sara Lee frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust, so I just don't do it.

Ladies - If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dish washing gloves. They give a non slip grip that makes opening jars easy.

Real Women - Go ask the very cute neighbor guy to do it.

Ladies - Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
Real Women - Leftover wine??

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"
I am DEFINATELY a REALLLLLLLLLL WOMAN
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 07:23 PM   #7
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

uhm.... I'll take a one LADY please!

*runs*

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:18 PM   #8
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJedi

Ladies - If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant "fix-me-up." ok this is a real cool trick that I have to remember

Real Women - If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too damn bad. I would feel awful! although I haven't made that mistake since I was like 20...

Please recite with me, The Real Women's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes." Yikes! ok that sounds a little harsh to me, I'm afraid I couldn't do that ...

Ladies - Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away. I 'm not sure how that would workd, pain killers work well enough for me but hey Icould give it a try...
Real Women - Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink. You might still have the headache, but who cares? don't drink much I'm afraid...

Ladies - Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips. don't use cones at home...
Real Women - Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake. You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it anyway.????

Ladies - To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes. Ok I like this idea and I have to try it!
Real Women - Buy boxed mashed potato mix and keep it in the pantry for up to a year. actually I'm a real woman who grows all my own vegetables in my garden...mmmmm fresh from the garden potoes nothing tastes more exqusit to me!

Ladies - When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the inside of the cake.OK ! now I've been making cake from scratch my whole life, why did this never occur to me!!! I'm obviously dense!!!

Real Women - Go to the bakery - they'll even decorate it for you. YUK! hate those cakes they are gross!

Ladies - Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish. I know that one! I'm not all that great at making pies although my grandmother was famous for hers.
Real Women - Sara Lee frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust, so I just don't do it. ??

Ladies - If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dish washing gloves. They give a non slip grip that makes opening jars easy.I never have a problem it's very easy just hit the jar from underneath (against your hand or the counter) and it breaks the air seal and voila it opens like a charm!

Real Women - Go ask the very cute neighbor guy to do it. That would take too long ...

Ladies - Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces. This is an excellent idea I have like 5 half used bottles kiking around right now!
Real Women - Leftover wine?? Well we make our own wine... have hundreds of bottles I'd be in trouble if I drank that much!
Ok I've tallied it up OMG it says I'm not a REAL WOMAN!!! HELP somebody!!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 09:35 PM   #9
amberstar
Strike Leader

That was a great find!!!!!! LOL, guess I'm not a real lady after all!

Amber
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 09:36 PM   #10
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
uhm.... I'll take a one LADY please!

*runs*
Wise to run
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:12 PM   #11
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Well, I knew the salt thing already.
I don't drink.
I rarely use cones at home, and when I do, they are the flat bottomed kind, and I like it when they get mushy.
I also bake cake from scratch. Box cakes are dry and bakery cakes are icky. I do however bake brownies from boxes.
I very rarely make pies, and when I do I buy a frozen crust.
I can open my own jars, thank you.
I still don't drink, and I didn't know wine froze.

So I guess I'm a real lady?

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:16 PM   #12
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberstar
Wise to run

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2004, 08:36 AM   #13
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I am definitely a real woman. I just don't have the time or energy to be a lady I guess. I'm actually so infamous for being self-sufficient that when I asked a male co-worker for help getting a windshield wiper blade back onto my Jeep his jaw dropped and he said "You mean you need help?!"

I'm self-sufficient and handy (I'm remodeling my house almost completely on my own), but no one ever said I was mechanical!

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:28 PM   #14
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
<pats Rowan on the back> There, there. It'll be all right. We won't tell anyone.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:19 PM   #15
Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Always willing to help a woman (real or unreal) in distress. What exactly can I do for you to help you BECOME a real woman??
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:26 PM   #16
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadil
Always willing to help a woman (real or unreal) in distress. What exactly can I do for you to help you BECOME a real woman??
well I don't l know Sir...what would you suggest?
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:28 PM   #17
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhammerdriver
<pats Rowan on the back> There, there. It'll be all right. We won't tell anyone.
Thank you Sir for your discretion, I'm still trying to fiigure it out, I have all the parts and they are fully functional, and I feel like a woman but now I'm all confused?
Old April 22nd, 2004, 12:29 PM   #18
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

I'm a cross between the Lady and the Real Woman.

I don't drink, lol - and therefore the whole wine/tequila thing is a goner.

=)

--Rhonda
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2004, 12:30 PM   #19
bsg1fan1975
Major

I am the same but I do drink. I love my beer and Fuzzy Navels

Old April 22nd, 2004, 12:31 PM   #20
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975
I am the same but I do drink. I love my beer and Fuzzy Navels
for the beer, but a Fuzzy Navel sounds good, it's so nice and warm today.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

Old April 22nd, 2004, 12:33 PM   #21
bsg1fan1975
Major

i could use a beer but I will wait till tommorrow night

Old April 22nd, 2004, 12:52 PM   #22
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I just bought a hammock so I may set it up tonight and break open that bottle of red wine my friend just brought me from France, where they know how to make real wine. I don't drink often, and I have been saving that wine for just the right time. A lovely day in a hammock with a good book after a long couple of weeks sounds right to me!

Old April 23rd, 2004, 03:44 AM   #23
bsg1fan1975
Major

going to dinner tonight at the local VFW post and then tommorrow we go on a day trip!

Old April 23rd, 2004, 04:34 PM   #24
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Have fun! Enjoy the weekend. I am going to a "Pampered Chef" party that my sister is hosting at her house near Lake Winnepesaukee. She's always trying to turn me from a Real Woman into a Lady! (She cans her own jam and makes everything from scratch, she's the Lady in the family!)

Old April 26th, 2004, 11:15 PM   #25
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

ROFL!!!! This is too much fun! I didn't expect this much response to it! lol
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2004, 11:58 PM   #26
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
Have fun! Enjoy the weekend. I am going to a "Pampered Chef" party that my sister is hosting at her house near Lake Winnepesaukee. She's always trying to turn me from a Real Woman into a Lady! (She cans her own jam and makes everything from scratch, she's the Lady in the family!)
Hey I make my own jelly, jam, freeze veggies from the garden, make things from scratch etc what are you trying to accuse me of?
Old April 27th, 2004, 11:07 AM   #27
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

If she thinks like a lady and acts like a lady then she must be... A LADY!!! A lady by any other name would still be a lady. Sorry, but you're a lady!

Old April 27th, 2004, 12:15 PM   #28
bsg1fan1975
Major

another way to tell a lady from a real woman.

Lady:

Goes to the hair salon to have hair done.

Real Woman:

Runs a brush through it and doesn't worry anymore about it

Old April 28th, 2004, 01:58 AM   #29
Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
If she thinks like a lady and acts like a lady then she must be... A LADY!!! A lady by any other name would still be a lady. Sorry, but you're a lady!
Why, Uno! You're talking to yourself again. Not nice to brag, even when you're telling the truth!
Old April 28th, 2004, 07:59 AM   #30
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadil
Why, Uno! You're talking to yourself again. Not nice to brag, even when you're telling the truth!

Who me? Aw, shucks.