Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old November 25th, 2005, 11:50 AM   #1
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Default Terminator Hunters and Killers Comic DVD Review

A copy of the "Digital Comic DVD" entitled 'The Terminator : Hunters and Killers' arrived today. I ordered it last week for $9.99

The Digital Comic DVD is basically a picture slideshow of the parts of a comic, section by section, with voiceovers, sound effects and basic backing music added. The box cover says it also has special effects, but I didn't see any unless you consider paning across art a 'special effect'

The company seem to have scanned the pages of 6 Terminator comics, which display fullscreen OK, although the quality of the images in the Micronaut trailer appears to show a comic where digital images from provided from source. Delivering far better results I think...

I was unimpressed with the voiceover and it sounds like it may have been done 'in house' with staff members. They did not use the established Terminator theme music, and the sound effects were pretty basic. These factors combine to show it's a budget release.

The story is based on a series of comics that came out in the 90s, and the comic's lettering is the script for the voiceovers...which I don't think transfers too well. I don't have the original comics, and won't bother givinng a review of the old story, which did not include central characters from the movies. I guess this is why the makers of this DVD thought it OK to use cheap voiceovers.

I mainly ordered this product to assess it for a potential vehicle for a BSG Continuation. Whilst I'm not too impressed with this particular production....I think a newly commissioned work, with delivery through the DVD medium in mind, would deliver far better results.

Then.....add short CGI sequences, original music, and original cast voiceovers..... would take the comic medium a lot further......and enable the delivery of a much better end product......I see potential....

To order the product visit www.eagleonemedia.com
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2005, 01:43 PM   #2
Griffworks
Builder of the RTF

Sounds interesting. I've got the comic, tho, and it was only "Meh..." Didn't totally suck, but wasn't anything to be excited about, either. Thanks for the headsup, regardless.